Review Round 18, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Let one slip there. Had a massive opportunity but stuffed it up through missed goal kicking (Christensen, Robinson etc), selfish kicking (Cutler, Zorko) and poor organisation in the defence with no Hodgy or Andrews. So cclose.

In saying that, to get that close shows a massive, massive improvment over previous years.
Cutler is gone tho, McStay will be fine

RWFFFPT

Senior List
May 26, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Annoyed. Should really have won that especially with them having two men down.

Oh well, last 5 times we have copped some serious belting from that mob by over 80 points in most of the games. Won’t be too long until we start toying with them in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tate13

All Australian
Sep 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Thought we held up pretty well. Certainly becoming harder to play against. Could’ve pinched it, but would’ve been just that - pinching it. Signs are good. Can see the progression. Now we need the polish.

Suspect next week could be ugly if we have a few missing from tonight.

Next step is a strong start next season and 8-10 wins.

"it's not our best team

Lions obviously better than 16th and next two seasons should start pushing for finals

but they did their best to try to knock three Crows players out

Play the ball next time"
radiojake

You posted this, please come back here when you can have gifs of all incidents. You will find in 2 of those incidents its the fault of your player for dropping their body as they got tackled, had they not dropped to their ass to evade the tackle they wouldn't have been taken high. The one with Cutler i'll agree was a stupid act and he will cop what he deserves Monday afternoon from the MRP.

Now go enjoy the win on your board, please.

ImAFreeMan

All Australian
Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In addition Barrett’s full ground running is undervalued in this forum he works his bloody but off and was unfortunate as hell to stuff that kick up heading into the forward 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was an honorable loss, but one we will by no means accept or be happy with. We aren't the Lions of old who are happy to lose in a good game, we're the Lions who pick ourselves up when we fall and learn from our trials and tribulations. We use them to drive us and look full speed ahead to redemption and our next challenge.

Aug 6, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Not too disappointed tonight. We had quite a few players have a quiet night so to lose by only 5 points shows we aren’t too far off the mark. I thought our defence really stood up under immense pressure at times. Adelaide’s midfielders definitely hurt us.

A shame that Adelaide supporters can’t show class in a win. Enjoy your early holiday this year.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
"it's not our best team

Lions obviously better than 16th and next two seasons should start pushing for finals

but they did their best to try to knock three Crows players out

Play the ball next time"
radiojake

You posted this, please come back here when you can have gifs of all incidents. You will find in 2 of those incidents its the fault of your player for dropping their body as they got tackled, had they not dropped to their ass to evade the tackle they wouldn't have been taken high. The one with Cutler i'll agree was a stupid act and he will cop what he deserves Monday afternoon from the MRP.

Now go enjoy the win on your board, please.

not exactly a computer savvy poster so gifs not something that I can produce

think the frustrating part of the hits were the non-free kicks

umps shocking both ways, ruined what was otherwise a good game of footy (well, the 1st half was a better spectacle anyway)

Have a good evening - Brisbane look good otherwise

rusty08

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Let one slip there. Had a massive opportunity but stuffed it up through missed goal kicking (Christensen, Robinson etc), selfish kicking (Cutler, Zorko) and poor organisation in the defence with no Hodgy or Andrews. So cclose.

In saying that, to get that close shows a massive, massive improvment over previous years.
Cutler is gone tho, McStay will be fine
Yeah Cuts was clumsy. Agree Mcstay will be fine, come in like a train, deodee didn't help himself by ducking into it. Wasn't the tackle that knocked him out, was his head hitting ground.

Aug 6, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Gardiner played a blinder, and how about the marks by Pumba and 'Sky' Walker, exciting game but we had our chance. Love what Oscar brings too!
Break out game for Oscar. Looking more natural every week.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Stef won the ruck
Cutler won the wing
Witherden was excellent and Gardiner was a rock

Midfield lost the game. Forwards were great and backline stood up after a poor start.

Didn’t get enough out of Bundy, Mitch, Squizzy and Rich who we desperately needed to step up with our young players struggling and Beams and Zorko being below their best.

Matho, Barrett and Cox were awful and showed why they’ve played so much in the reserves.

Clug, Berry and Rayner weren’t great but we’re due for a quieter game.

If fit I’d go with Andrews and Hodge for Walker and Cox. Cox is obvious but against a shorter forwardline I’d favour Lester over Walker.

Squizzy and Bundy have had too many quiet games. I’d bring in Bastinac for Squizzy to play the same role.

Barrett extremely lucky there aren’t any better options. Keays or Bailey could be brought in.

Cuts should probably get a week so bring in Allison to play the same role

Out: Cox, Walker, Taylor and Cutler (susp.)
In: Andrews, Hodge, Bastinac and Allison

Back