Preview Round 18 2018: Richmond vs St Kilda ES 7:50 Fri 20th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence should be solid, but I don't know about our forward line. I mean, it would be a solid forward line if we dominate the air, but Etihad is a fairly fast deck so I'd have expected us to play more smalls than this.

No excuses for this game though. I expect us to win. St Kilda do come to play for us, but they have only won 4 games this year at the end of the day so we need to bank this to stay on top of the top 4 race. No reason why we should underestimate them and start the game off crap either. We did that last year and no team punished us worse in the last two years for a lapse than what St Kilda did at Etihad Stadium last year. If that is not a reason to come out firing rather than coming out cruising, then I don't know what is.

Serious , I don’t like our ins other than
Broad and I think Saints will win . Of course hope I’m wrong.
Broad is a big in and Menadue is an upgrade on Ellis. McIntosh instead of Stengle is the surprise.

I'm happy with the ins and the look of the side. St.Kilda are not as good as last year, and we are arguably better. Plus we're coming off a loss.

We will destroy them.

I don't see how Macintosh gets a game. His recent AFL form has been crap and his VFL form wasn't great either, well I should say there are others who have been playing much better in the VFL for a longer period like Stengle and Lloyd.

Unless Macintosh is being brought in for a very specific role, it's a bizarre selection.

Both Lloyd and Stengle offer what we were missing last week which is composure and finishing skills.

I don't see how Macintosh gets a game. His recent AFL form has been crap and his VFL form wasn't great either, well I should say there are others who have been playing much better in the VFL for a longer period like Stengle and Lloyd.

Unless Macintosh is being brought in for a very specific role, it's a bizarre selection.

Both Lloyd and Stengle offer what we were missing last week which is composure and finishing skills.

Lloyd aren't a midfielder in the afl in vfl were the game is slower he can play that role.Composure kicking on goal yes not in general play tho trys to do to much and defence work not great aswell as pace.

Broad is a big in and Menadue is an upgrade on Ellis. McIntosh instead of Stengle is the surprise.

I'm happy with the ins and the look of the side. St.Kilda are not as good as last year, and we are arguably better. Plus we're coming off a loss.

We will destroy them.

I’m not a fan of Menadue at all , same problem as C Ellis , good footballer at VFL but mentally can’t bring it to seniors .

I’m not a fan of Menadue at all , same problem as C Ellis , good footballer at VFL but mentally can’t bring it to seniors .
I think he's superior to Ellis. Has pace, poise, and uses the ball well. Just needs to feel he belongs.

Hopefully that happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I would go through ins/outs compared to last year. Lots of changes for Saints.

R16 Docklands - Saints won by plenty.

Tigers:
In:
Nick Vlastuin
Nathan Broad
Callum Moore
Jack Higgins

Out:
Dan Butler
Taylor Hunt
Sam Lloyd
Tyson Stengle

Saints:
In:
Ed Phillips
Josh Battle
Rowan Marshall
Maverick Weller
Tom Hickey
Luke Dunstan
Hunter Clarke
David Armatage
Bailey Rice

Out:
Nathan Brown
Josh Bruce
Ben Long
Billy Longer
Jack Lonie
Leigh Montagna
Nick Riewoldt
Dylan Robertson
Koby Stevens

R23 MCG - Tigers by 41.

Tigers:
In:
Jayden Short
Callum Moore
Josh Caddy
Jack Higgins
Connor Menadue

Out:
Jacob Townsend
Oleg Markov
Bachar Houli
Jack Graham
Dan Butler

Saints:
In:
Daniel McKenzie
Sam Gilbert
Ed Phillips
Josh Battle
Rowan Marshall
Tom Hickey
Hunter Clarke
David Armatage
Bailey Rice

Out:
Blake Acres
Josh Bruce
Nathan Brown
Billy Longer
Jack Lonie
Nick Riewoldt
Dylan Roberton
Koby Stevens
Jimmy Webster

Was it McIntosh who played on DeGoey earlier in the year? Maybe just prepping for next week?

I see the Broad selection as a must with both the Pies & Cats in the next fortnight, Menadue as Houli's replacement. The Kmac's pick is a strange one, was he picked to push Edwards fwd? or is he taking a run-with role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back