Autopsy Round 18, 2018: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIES MATCH 3*

Remove this Banner Ad

If my memory serves me correctly, Dawson played on Rocca in his 4th AFL game.

He went on to play 166 games, including 63 in 3 seasons at St Kilda (out of a possible 72), and was voted our player of the finals in 2010.

So he was never the same. He got better.
Yep we know what we get from Gilbert and it’s absolute s**t

Gilbert can’t play on anyone he’s useless copped an absolute pasting from Jroo would’ve been better off plonking Carlisle on him and sending gilbeRt off to a bush league where he belongs
Man , thats a tad harsh , we didnt have a lot of options going into the game and we all know Jake doesn't really like playing on a man , he loves to play loose

Man , thats a tad harsh , we didnt have a lot of options going into the game and we all know Jake doesn't really like playing on a man , he loves to play loose
Jake gave tom McDonald an absolute pasting when we vsed the dees and towelled up tom Lynch after he got moved onto him he would’ve done a lot better then Gilbert

Just listened to some of Richo's press conference post game. To me he clearly has no idea on how to develop an effective game plan. He constantly talks about pressure in contests blah blah blah but seems obvliious to the myriad of problems facing the team. It is obvious we lack efficent and effective strategies to move the ball from kick ins, the turn overs by the same players week after week especially in defence geary, being the biggest culprit. Poor disposal choices to guys stationary or under pressure, poor skills both by foot and by hand, players out of position, kicks to contests where we are outnumbered, a lack of pace and inept delivery to forwards. His insistence on persisting with players who simply are not up to it and or out of form. The fact he does not appear to be able or willing to trial players in different positions when we are getting smashed. There needs to be some major changes both in terms of our coaching and playing personal. We are years away from finals if we persist with Richo.

Our players are way too static, they don't run to create opportunities and then they compound the problem with looping kicks and handballs giving the opposition time to get to the drop of the ball.

Yep we know what we get from Gilbert and it’s absolute s**t
Gilbert seems to suffer from the belief that he's a good kick and tries to do pinpoint passes when he should accept that his kicking is diabolical and just punt it forward to the hot spot because at least it will be unreadable for the opposition as well.

Gilbert seems to suffer from the belief that he's a good kick and tries to do pinpoint passes when he should accept that his kicking is diabolical and just punt it forward to the hot spot because at least it will be unreadable for the opposition as well.
I liked it on Friday night when he missed jack Steven who was 12m away and put it out of bounds under no pressure

If my memory serves me correctly, Dawson played on Rocca in his 4th AFL game.

He went on to play 166 games, including 63 in 3 seasons at St Kilda (out of a possible 72), and was voted our player of the finals in 2010.

So he was never the same. He got better.

Not until he'd lost his career at his original club. He had to do it the hard way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back