Game Day Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We will win today. They won't win the ball in the middle enough and when they do they aren't gonna get enough marks inside 50 and don't have enough goalkickers to put the points on the board against us. I personally think Jarrod Berry has improved his use of the footy in recent times and in his 50th game expecting his impact to be more towards elite today. Along with the great vibes around Rich's 200th game which is a fantastic achievement we will put on a show for the gabba faithful this eve

North really do have an average list just playing with the energy a new coach brings. We should win comfortably.

Still feels strange heading into games we should win though, still gets me nervous.

Doing the corporate work thing at the game tonight.Be good to get a different perspective on the game.The host is a Norf man can’t wait to towel them up.Lions by 38

I'm expecting an unexpected loss before the end of the Home and Away season and looking at the draw the only 2 games I see as a possibility to fit that bill is today and the Bulldogs at the Gabba in a couple of weeks.

Expected wins- Hawks, Suns.
Loss would not be unexpected- Cats, Tigers.
???- Kangaroos, Bulldogs.

giphy.gif

Lions in a canter.

Lliiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooonnns!

Did the penguin thing last year, hope it isn't too windy for you. It is a beautiful part of the world. Big game tonight. Unfortunately, we won't be attending tomorrow with the 12 year old required at the airport at sparrows fart for his school trip to Canberra. Will be sitting on the couch with a few McLaren Vale Ale cans and then a sneaky glass or 2 of Oakridge Meunier and watching our Lions hopefully put on a show.

North really do have an average list just playing with the energy a new coach brings. We should win comfortably.

Still feels strange heading into games we should win though, still gets me nervous.

It’s weird isn’t it, the way we’ve played the last two week we should be really confident, I’m not thou.

I don’t think their list is that poor, Shaw has them playing reasonably well and their recent form is a better indication than their season as a whole.

Higgins, Cunnington, Ziebell and Polec all have a good track record against us. They also match up well on some of our more important players too, Goldy vs Stef, Marley vs Charlie, Brown vs Harris.

Looking forward to watching another challenge for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checked Google ... Kangaroos, posterchildren for the Australian outback, are considered by some to be pests in their homeland. In fact, most tourists have experienced the availability of kangaroo meat and leather in parts of Australia. ... We learned that kangaroos are actually considered a pest in parts of the outback and any that show up at the Gabbatoir are there to be hunted to provide a delicious meal for hungry lions.

I did my washing last night (including all the bedding...UGH), the house is tidy and I've just optimized my laptop.

We just have to remain focused, positive and work hard for four quarters. Head down, bum up, do your job, and the team will benefit.

Over to you Lions!

Should be a good day, checking out the penguins at Phillip Island before watching the game.

Who are the penguins tipping? If they're going for the Roos, we won't bother stopping in in October.

Did the penguin thing last year, hope it isn't too windy for you. It is a beautiful part of the world. Big game tonight. Unfortunately, we won't be attending tomorrow with the 12 year old required at the airport at sparrows fart for his school trip to Canberra. Will be sitting on the couch with a few McLaren Vale Ale cans and then a sneaky glass or 2 of Oakridge Meunier and watching our Lions hopefully put on a show.

What is it with Brisbane kids going to Canberra. Our 11yo Dropped off st 3.45 am Monday and got home from Canberra at 10.30pm last night. The three primary school around us all do the same trip.

Lions to come out workmanlike and slowly pull ahead. Lions to win by 34.

Imagine how much we'd win by if there were 3 late changes 3KZ-

Outs- Hugh McCluggage, Darcy Gardiner, Harris Andrews.

Ins- Tom Cutler, Ryan Lester, Josh Walker.

15+ goal win coming if so.

;)
Crazy talk! :oops:
I think we have our strongest team in today, with the exception of Adams in for Lester, but as I have said, Fagan is taking a calculated gamble that Adams will improve rapidly with Senior game time under his belt. On form, Lester is a more conservative choice and he deserved to hold his place, but the coach is the person who is paid to make the big calls and I hope he gets this one right today. Coming up to finals, we can’t afford to have passengers in the team and we want to have a settled line up. Fagan’s thinking is that if Adams can come to hand quickly, a month and a half of senior football will have him settled into the side and will give us an X factor in defence. I hope Lester and Walker are still on our list next year, because at 26 or so years of age they offer great depth and they certainly appear to enjoy the club. We have had an amazing run with injuries this year, but you can’t take that for granted. Having players like Lester, Walker, Keays, Mathieson, Robertson and to a lesser extent Bastinac and Taylor on our list means we have the capacity to absorb or partially cover those players who are “first 22” if we have injury issues.

We are all hoping Fagan gets it right with Adams, because he looks amazing in terms his physical presence. The same goes for Rayner. It would be fantastic to see him in “break out” form in the Finals and it would repay the faith that Fagan has shown in him. While I was disappointed and initially puzzled by Lester’s omission (and I wasn’t alone there) how great is it that we have such depth at our club and how great is it that we have a coach who is prepared to have a go? We are in such a good place at the minute and it is starting to have the feel of bit of a dynasty forming.

Imagine how much we'd win by if there were 3 late changes 3KZ-

Outs- Hugh McCluggage, Darcy Gardiner, Harris Andrews.

Ins- Tom Cutler, Ryan Lester, Josh Walker.

15+ goal win coming if so.

;)

Smart arse. Quite funny though. I wish I knew how to put in those round faces.

However we would win even if those changes had to be made (given Cutler foot was OK). That's a point that needs to be made.

Too many people on this thread that haven't got rid of their lids. This thread could be called the Lids On Thread. We will kill them.

Welcome aboard the Lions bandwagon Snake.
giphy.gif

Hey buddy, I am certainly no "Johnny come lately"

If you search you will see that I was predicting Brisbane's rise and the home ground becoming a fortress early last year.

I wouldn't be getting so utensil a hoop about a romp in today however. You're going to get a contest.

Hey buddy, I am certainly no "Johnny come lately"

If you search you will see that I was predicting Brisbane's rise and the home ground becoming a fortress early last year.

I wouldn't be getting so utensil a hoop about a romp in today however. You're going to get a contest.
Yep, not expecting an easy contest tonight, the Kangas have been mightily impressive since Brad Scott got the boot, the thing that stands out is there desire for the contest, should be a cracker tonight, I can't wait to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back