Game Day Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart arse. Quite funny though. I wish I knew how to put in those round faces.

However we would win even if those changes had to be made (given Cutler foot was OK). That's a point that needs to be made.

Too many people on this thread that haven't got rid of their lids. This thread could be called the Lids On Thread. We will kill them.

My kid taught me about the faces - tap and hold on the like key and a list of faces appear. Pick one of those

We should pump them today. Lions by lots.
I wish I had your optimism. I have a knot in my stomach thinking about this game. North have troubled us in recent years and whilst we won earlier in the year, it was only late that we rammed home a few and overran them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From hitting people in the head?

Cunners hits people in the guts. And first I've heard I've him not getting on the plane.

Maybe he's sailing up to fish on the way.

I'm still not comfortable with this feeling of "We should win this no probs" .... been a LONG time since I've felt that way about the Lions, but I'm sure it will grow on me

I reckon Fagan will be spewing about this "Lions could win the flag" hype so early, it'd be next year and on he'd be wanting to build the finals team culture.

About time to leave the farm for the 2 hour drive down to Brissy for the game - Lions by 30. Have a great game everyone.

On the Lester and Adams debate - Fagan is getting the most flexibility into the team as possible before the finals incase of any injuries. Adams can play both ends in a key position at a pinch, we have to get him into form, the next big bloke would be Skinner currently playing both ends then Payne as the key backman. Lester in form and playing well - big tick to him and a good back up. Now let's get Adams in form and hopefully we might see Starc and couple of others getting a few games before the finals under their belt. Great to have depth buy just needs a few in reserves used to the AFL speed and pressure.

See you all on the other side.

Expecting a tough contest tonight. As much as I don't like North, they've been good since Shaw took over. Their pressure has been way up and their ball movement a lot better.

I reckon Fagan will be spewing about this "Lions could win the flag" hype so early, it'd be next year and on he'd be wanting to build the finals team culture.
We haven't been there (finals) for ten years so we are going to get some attention and he would haveto expect it.
Apparently they had a whole club meeting this week on what to expect and how to deal with the extra attention from the media and public concerning finals .
I'm not too sure what you mean by finals culture , but Fages has had a philosophy all season about concentrating on the game in front of us and our process.
Not to get too far ahead , so that should not change until we win the cup or bow out.
Good luck for today.

Harro 18 spoils, Ben Brown to cry, lions by 20, I go on rant about Andrews brilliance.

He'll need to, because Browny is coming off the best game I have ever seen him play.

He dismantled not one, but two AA KPD's last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back