Review Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyons and Bundy kept us in it. They were there when we needed them to be. Charlie Cameron did some good things. Adams was great in that pressurised last quarter. Mitch rose to the occasion. Oscar is a LEGEND! Stefan played amazingly well all game. Neale worked hard and Zorko was there when we needed him. Witherden lifted and committed his body. One of his better games. Berry was his usual unassuming hard at it self. McStay clunked a couple of marks up the ground, but he is not a Full Forward and never will be. He tried really hard though and linked up well in passages of disputed football. Quiet game for McCarthy, Answerth and Bailey.

Pure heart.

Our boys play for their mates.

We don’t give up.

Jarrod Lyons- you are outstanding.

Adams looking much better.

Finally a win for Richy in a milestone game.

Tears of joy here!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adams seemed like he made a massive step in the space of quarters. Like he was solid and at times impressive across the first half then in the second half he was fantastic. I don't know if it was just confidence of the fruition of the last few weeks or what but it was legitimately like witnessing evolution across hours. Back to the level we'd seen at the Dogs, can't wait to see how good he can be.

I'm going to break the usual rule of cross posting from one club forum to another because ... it's my own bloody post. Well done tonight, best of luck in September, and see you next year hopefully without any repeat of last week's embarrassingly stupid tactics from ourselves.

Well done Brisbane. Behind all day, poor kicking for goal, one soft technical ruck free against, one soft dodgy free for them, then a second free for them that was there every day of the week. Folk wisdom says you work hard to get into a position where luck can plays some part in your favor but you also have to not be $%^&ing stupid along the way.

I wish our group was as full of belief in themselves. We see that with our kids when they're up and going, but it's hardly reasonable or even possible for the rest of the group after the last four and a half agonizing seasons of "you want me to do what?" game planning. I wish we had a coaching group able to at least instill some discipline to go with the natural belief of youth and we might even be taken seriously in this bloody chosen sport of ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams seemed like he made a massive step in the space of quarters. Like he was solid and at times impressive across the first half then in the second half he was fantastic. I don't know if it was just confidence of the fruition of the last few weeks or what but it was legitimately like witnessing evolution across hours. Back to the level we'd seen at the Dogs, can't wait to see how good he can be.

Spot on mate. Had a fantastic last quarter and I’m really excited to see him continue to improve.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lucky escape. North are probably the best two way running side I've seen this year and plenty of credit needs to be given to them. We can say we played poorly but that's all thanks to North's frantic pressure. Rattled us early but thankfully we settled after quarter time.
In fairness we nearly doubled their scoring shots.

Adams marking is great, although his kicking leaves a little to be desired.

It was indeed McCluggage (and quite a nice one too)

Glad Neale played a really good game today, some body work on his early....what are these teams thinking?

edit: can someone get that pic of hodge with ice bags on each of his knees and ankles!? jeeze sometimes I forget his ages when hes actually in the contest. I hope it inspires the others to go hard

Winning ugly over an in form side after back to back away games and sitting second makes me believe…...

I don’t know if it’s just me but I see a lot of Allen Jakovich about Rayner, the way he moves, the way he blocks, the way he reads the play and causes havoc in the forward line, same height….

Though Allen carried another 11 kegs. If can only Cam can learn to kick like Jako……...

I see De Goey and Martin in Rayner - will be a beast. In Fages we trust

Back