Review Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Zorko fine is a joke, next there will be a 1000 fines each round for every bump or wrestle off the ball.

Christian compared it to the Ivan Soldo incident on Worpel. He failed to have his ban overturned. A little worrying.

haha ok.

No vision, no medical report, player kept his feet, innocuous in nature. 1 week, that makes sense.

Sounds like even a fine is a stretch.

And it coming from the field umpire, yet no free-kick paid for high contact?

Circus.

I think there was a free kick paid for high contact - larkey kicked a goal from it?

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere before now? Haven’t had much of a chance to read to much since the game,
But, have a listen to the Gabba crowd after every single one of these goals!
Amazing!
Turn up the volume and enjoy!

I think there was a free kick paid for high contact - larkey kicked a goal from it?

I don't recall in an off the ball incident costing us a shot on goal? I'd imagine I would remember that (especially if Harris did it) but happy to stand corrected - I was fairly out of my mind most of that game LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd bet my left testicle that there have been numerous similar incidents this season that have not even resulted in a free kick much less a 1 week suspension, and I'd bet the right one that if it was a high profile Melbourne based player there would have been no case to answer.

Michael Christian is reaching and surpassing Purple levels of flogishness.

Note- I thank Dodongo and apologize for the plagiarism.

So Flog Christian says it was "the potential to cause injury" that resulted in the 1 week and it not being a fine, surely we could appeal and have this downgraded to a fine.

On the Zorko one, are my eyes playing up or was Zorks kicked before the grabbing of Sympkin's calf? The pundits all saying there was only the one after the grab.

Back