Review Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
To be fair, I reckon Mike Whiting's article during the week (in Jarryd's RWT) was bang on in regards to Lyons kind of being surplus to their needs (Fish was a lot more eloquent though).
The narrative on the GC board has shifted somewhat this week, with some suggesting he had character issues off the field in regards to his treatment of women, and that he was seen having a pint and punt midweek with his brother during the season.

ColdWarWarrior

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Righto, stop jumping off in first quarter, throwing in the towel. We are not going to win every game leading start to finish. We are a good composed side, keep the faith, we are not what we used to be. Go Liioonnss. Love you even more HARRO ❤️💛💙
Yep, a lot of bedwetters on here tonight. Couldn't believe how quickly some people threw in the towell.

The narrative on the GC board has shifted somewhat this week, with some suggesting he had character issues off the field in regards to his treatment of women, and that he was seen having a pint and punt midweek with his brother during the season.

None of that is true. Reluctant (bordering on difficult) media and appearance participant but that is about it off field. Doesn't seem that way up here so I'd say it was more environment related

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
what a win, almost in tears after that.

Game day thread has improved immeasurably, still some venting without the poison. Props.

Incredibly frustrating for the most part. But we won ugly. How good is winning a ch7 game with all the coverage you get after.

Witho needs way more votes above, huge reason we were only 3 goals down at half time instead of 6.

Cannot believe this ride we are on.

No use huffing and puffin about it just try a different hemisphere

Exactly, you wanna see boobys go to the European coast.

Wildlife-BFB_1000x600.jpg

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thought Gardiner and Adams were both massive.

Adams took a few big grabs, and Gardiner, whilst not getting a lot of the footy, didn't seem to lose a contest the whole night.
Yeah Gardiner was in my top 3 for sure. Put his body on the line all night and neutralised some crucial contests on the last line of defence, often outnumbered.

No use huffing and puffin about it just try a different hemisphere
That was our honeymoon. Skomer Island was glorious and you could get a decent pint at the end of the day.

braddsey

Club Legend
May 11, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Awesome win (though I only saw the second half). We owned the ball in Q3. North are a tough side, but as pointed out we had double the amount of scoring shots.
Lyons, Hodge, Christensen, Clugga all excellent.
Big O’s free at the end was perhaps a little soft, but it perfectly balanced his ruck block at the other end. That’s the rub of the green!

Awesome Lions, hopefully we get some decent sponsorship at season end on the back of a great season!

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I'm glad we won but that was not a particularly well played game. 12th on the ladder should not make 2nd on the ladder look so.....ordinary. Don't get me wrong there were some great passages of play but North looked the better team for big chunks of the game. The lid is still not off for me.

Back