Review Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

Kevvo

Premium Platinum
Oct 17, 2013
Ablett - good bloke - never reported - got him off twice or thrice this season. Considering that as past history, bringing up Harris Andrews experience wouldve given some balance to the view in my opinion.

We’re talking about very different things.

Having not offended before is clearly relevant and easy to do consistently. I don’t, however, think it’s a good idea to argue that you have been hit in the head before and this diminishes the seriousness of striking (if they decide that’s what it is) yourself. The posts I were responding to suggested that.

Apr 4, 2015
Is it still the case that you can't use other incidents or judgements as a precedent at the tribunal?
I wouldn't think there was anything stopping you bringing up anything of import to your case . It's not strictly a Court of Law.

But it's up to the Tribunal whether they deem the issue relevant or not.

Apr 4, 2015
I can't think of any cases where the media and others have inundated SM and the press gushing about the character of the accused where they didn't get off or get a soft sentence.

Judge

Mar 29, 2008
Not sure what makes you an expert on this topic..... ;)

It happened to me in my very first trial about 30 years ago.

The witness gave me one answer outside the Courtroom and the exact opposite answer when giving evidence 10 minute later.

I'm pretty sure that Harro has gone rogue here, with the Barrister not to blame, clients just have a habit of getting in the road of justice!

davemc_lions

Aug 21, 2013
tribunal been chook lotto for years.
Could say they made sure it went through to show the AFL does not do everything for Lions after the free. Although that be tin foil hat type stuff.

Apr 4, 2015
tribunal been chook lotto for years.
Could say they made sure it went through to show the AFL does not do everything for Lions after the free. Although that be tin foil hat type stuff.
Tribunal has been lotto/pot luck ever since they stopped Coleman playing in a grand final.

Of late seems to have become the Court of Public Opinion.

Apr 4, 2015
Has there ever been a more talked about Brisbane v North game?
It's got us more on the back pages and into MSM far more than any of our wins.

Maybe we should've appealed Harris just to keep the ball rolling while we're being talked about.

Everyone in football knows who Oscar is now

bungalow_bill

Dec 11, 2010
Was watching the replay last night and mesmerised by Clug's goal where he just walked around a few wax figures of North players and trying to analyse how he managed it. A combination of a brain that processes options 10 X faster than anyone else on the field,great acceleration and taking an option that no one would have expected. Most players in that situation would have either had a shot on goal or passed off to a team mate. Not Hugh

Tassie4ever

Dec 7, 2007
Let's be blunt here- if this had been a Melbourne based player, this incident would have been waved through without comment.

Brisbane- doing well, a long way away. Not so much of a problem with blow-back.

Talk about innocuous.

May 5, 2013
It happened to me in my very first trial about 30 years ago.

The witness gave me one answer outside the Courtroom and the exact opposite answer when giving evidence 10 minute later.

I'm pretty sure that Harro has gone rogue here, with the Barrister not to blame, clients just have a habit of getting in the road of justice!
So maybe you can enlighten us on why Harris made it worse for himself by mentioning the alleged teeth clattering.
Is it
Scenario
1 Where , this new evidence now brought to the hearing made it quite clear that the impact was worse than they thought.
2 Harris dropped his head and looked straight through Christians eyes and quietly said " I Heard His Teeth Chatter "
whilst smiling like Johny on the Shining.
3 Or something else that my detective brain hasn't thought of.
In all seriousness I don't see how that would then lead the enquiry to believe the impact was worse than it was or in fact Andrews intentionally forearmed his throat as apposed to a fend off going accidently high.
I'm a little lost .

Was that actually raised at the tribunal?

Was it specifically brought up in tribunal, can't say. But article does say overturning was a vindication of clean record in Ablett's view.