Review Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We were a bit frenzied with our ball movement and inside fifties which probably didn’t help on the efficiency and accuracy front inside 50. Fagan mentioned it in his presser - ‘over did the surge’ and when we settled in the third we looked better.

I was very frustrated when zorko got a few metres of space streaming forward early in the last and took a bounce that didn’t come back. Could have kicked it to the top of the goalsquare.

Great to win ugly. Agree brown/big O frees cancel out - fair few soft frees in the second half (didn’t see first half).

In the third quarter I thought witherden was great mopping up their clearing kicks in the ‘hodge role’ which was a really good sign for the future.

We won ugly ,quite a few players down.

I would've liked to have seen a bit more science to our forward entries. Hippy just wasn't free in his action at all and someone else who shall remain nameless just doesn't harass or chase enough so they were able to run it out of there easily on occasions.

Lyons was huge . Clearly BOG ,kept us in the game, anything negative I've ever said about him I take back . Oscar was important ,they don't lose height as the game goes on.

We basically willed ourselves over the line even though we should've been 5 in front. Adams ,Harris , Hodge , Gardiner really did a sterling job in that last quarter when we got under the pump .

I've never seen Hodgey as excited after a game and that includes premierships ,he recognised we could've blown it and gutsed it out.

Once again all our guys did something . Really pleasing win .We need to rest up for Tassie.

One dickhead even suggested going onto O's twitter page, or insta don't remember don't care, and asking north fans to dog pile calling him a cheat and fully having a go at him. Seriously, what a ******* twit. If that's the calibre of fan they've got then I'm glad I don't support their s**t club.

So they've taken the evening's events well then? What a bunch of ******* tossers.

There is a massive brontosaurus in the room, and that is that Norf are an irrelevant, trash tier, dime store twee football club.

Their fans are the incels of the footy world. Blaming all their failings on the AFL, the umpires and society in general. No wonder they can’t bag a Stacey at trade time and end up paying 800k a year for betas like Polec.

We barely got out of third gear tonight after a couple of tough weeks on the road and a 6 day break... yet only our goal inaccuracy prevented us from easily wiping them out of our butthairs like the dangling gruffnut of a club they are.

Fun night at the Gabbatoir regardless. Gonna pour a scotch over some ice too soothe my hoarse throat and settle in for a good old salt lick on the Norf board.

Last edited:
Great win by the boys, we started very slowly and looked like it would be a long fruitless night but we lifted and even though we were scrappy and well below our best we absolutely dominated the 2nd half and with a bit of accuracy could have had an easy win.

Thank you Gold Coast Suns for your generosity it is much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The free kick against Hodge on the northern wing (1st or 2nd quarter) where he basically did the same thing as Thompson at least shows they were consistent. I can understand North fans disappointment at losing but there is a certain level of class and maybe the major of them just don’t have it. We were lucky to get away with that one but gladly take it. At the end of the day it’s only a game of football (much better when you win that’s for sure).

We didn’t play well at all but I think a lot of credit needs to be given to the way they stopped the way we like to play.

We are a team who when we are up and about can pile on goals relatively quickly. That didnt happen tonight and whilst we converted poorly, I also think credit needs to be given for the way they structured up. I’d be giving Shaw the job if I was them, they’ve impressed me since he took over.

As for us, Hipwood shouldn’t have played. He was limping in the warm ups and couldn’t break out of a jog so seemed a bit strange that he’d even be lining up.

Lyons was good. Bundy good. Thought Witherden was pretty good, seems to be better defensively now. Darcy doesn’t get beaten and Adams’ last quarter was huge. Other than Bundy and a couple of cameos from Oscar the whole forward line seemed down tonight.

Still I was worried off the back of being up for 2 road wins off the back of a 6 day break we could drop tonight, so I think we just bank the points, recover and move on.

The weak pricks are also taking cheap shots at Fitzroy. There’s no way I’m not responding to that. Ban incoming. Enjoy the great win everyone. Go Lions!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I saw your post. Whatever you copped off those unlikeable tossers, wear it as a badge of honour.

Great win guys, last few minutes had me absolutely captivated.

Full credit to the coaches for backing in Adams. Has barely been sighted in the last two weeks but without his versatility I daresay we lose that one.

North swung Ziebell forward in the fourth but Adams crucified him and really stood up with some excellent marks. Not sure Lester/Hodge could’ve done that...

Just ventured over to the North board for look. That's enough internet for me tonight. Goodnight everyone.
P. S How good is winning? We should pay the Umpires every week :rolleyes:

Back