Review Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t read the Norf board any longer, I’m absolutely full.

The amount of salt and tears is hilarious, you’d think the umps did everything for us and the Roos didn’t get a single free kick. God I hate their supporters more than any other team, both on BF and at the footy.

For a mob with bugger all success, they sure believe they’re up there with the other Melbourne teams. In reality they were a whisker away from GC Roos and now Tassie Roos.

Can’t read the Norf board any longer, I’m absolutely full.

The amount of salt and tears is hilarious, you’d think the umps did everything for us and the Roos didn’t get a single free kick. God I hate their supporters more than any other team, both on BF and at the footy.

For a mob with bugger all success, they sure believe they’re up there with the other Melbourne teams. In reality they were a whisker away from GC Roos and now Tassie Roos.

Yeah they should've taken that $100 mil(??? $10m??) and move to GC offer when it was there.

Don't love winning on the back of a contentious umpire call. If we kicked straighter, we could have taken that out of the equation altogether. Kangas were hitting goals from everywhere, we were missing from everywhere. I think outside of the first quarter, we were the better team by a decent margin, but it would have been nice to win without the controversy. In the end though, 4 important points, and a real show of mettle with a tough, tough game.

Aside from the poor kicking at goal, there were a lot of poor decisions (some down to Kanga pressure, some just sloppy), and the forward 50 entries left a little to be desired. Bomb it into the 50, it comes out, bomb it into the 50, it comes out, bomb it into the 50, it comes out as Kangas rebound quickly, find an unmarked target in their 50, shoot and score a goal. Frustrating (less so of course in hindsight with another win under our belts). Hipwood was cooked from the start, not surprising given his injury. Rayner was poor, not surprising given his overall performances this season. Cameron and McCarthy also lacked their usual impact.

Now onto the real positives. Firstly Richy winning in his 200th and a trademark roost from miles out was beautiful to see. Christensen popping up with 3 vital goals when our other forwards weren't able to get into the game. But mostly J.Lyons, who was phenomenal. Best on Ground by a mile. Dragged the team up with him in the second half. What a champion.

Frustrating game to watch, but encouraging to see us play poorly and still win. Having expectations really does make games less pleasant to watch.

We were so far from our best tonight. But there is an old saying in footy. 'The best teams are those who find ways to win'.

Will need to be so much better next week if we want to keep top 4 alive.

I wouldn’t bother engaging with the North melts. There’s no amount of whining that gets their season back.

Rhys Shaw to his credit has taken a more dignified line on it all.

That free to Oscar at the end actually looks more like a trip than anything.
I don't think you can pay that as a trip but catching a leg and a bump just as he was setting to launch is clearly why he went down.

I don't think you can pay that as a trip but catching a leg and a bump just as he was setting to launch is clearly why he went down.

Hmm, I think in terms of the match it was a free and if it happened down the other end the Roos would have gotten a free for the same thing.

Poor Oscar getting hammered on his personal Instagram account by North fans. They really have no class.

It's not the players fault, but I figure those putrid excuses for umpires don't have instagram accounts, and for a very good reason.

North supporters are completely regressing back to that stereotype of being bitter, shortsighted, depressing, ignorant whingers.

You would think with a supporter base for such a foundational and proud club that they would know the rules, understand the flow of matches, and appreciate the fact that their club is scripted and destined to be also-rans, participants, warm bodies for TV rights.

What a pathetic sight their supporters are tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norf are some of the floppiest flops to ever flop. Along with Geelong, they pretty much invented the flop. I’m surprised Norf fans think they’re owed anything at all by the umpires after their past decade of Lindsey Thomas inspired shenanigans...

North supporters are completely regressing back to that stereotype of being bitter, shortsighted, depressing, ignorant whingers.

You would think with a supporter base for such a foundational and proud club that they would know the rules, understand the flow of matches, and appreciate the fact that their club is scripted and destined to be also-rans, participants, warm bodies for TV rights.

What a pathetic sight their supporters are tonight.
Thought you were talking about Tig supporters at the start. God I can’t wait til we beat them at the G.

It's not the players fault, but I figure those putrid excuses for umpires don't have instagram accounts, and for a very good reason.

So your classless mob figure having a go at an opposition player, who doesn't deserve the ire you trashbags are putting out because he wasn't the one making the calls, is just as good? You twonks don't know how to logic do you?

So O cops it instead?

It's not right, however people are justifiably angry, the AFL constantly deny and cover up the problem, the commentators stay mute for fear of retribution, and the umpires are genuinely incompetent and ruining the sport, so unfortunately poor old Oscar gets left exposed to the elements.

Tonight was appalling folks. The worst I have seen after viewing what would be close to 1000 North matches. It was worse than the 94 preliminary final. It was on a par with Adelaide v Fitzroy in round 12 of 1991.

It was a disgrace. You're in denial if you think otherwise.

It's not right, however people are justifiably angry, the AFL constantly deny and cover up the problem, the commentators stay mute for fear of retribution, and the umpires are genuinely incompetent and ruining the sport, so unfortunately poor old Oscar gets left exposed to the elements.

Tonight was appalling folks. The worst I have seen after viewing what would be close to 1000 North matches. It was a disgrace. You're in denial if you think otherwise.
You’ve jumped the shark and shown just how little you know about football.

It's not right, however people are justifiably angry, the AFL are in denial, the commentators stay mute for fear of retribution, and the umpires are genuinely incompetent and ruining the sport, so unfortunately poor old Oscar gets left exposed to the elements.

Tonight was appalling folks. The worst I have seen after viewing what would be close to 1000 North matches. It was a disgrace. You're in denial if you think otherwise.

LOL. Your post about how the game tonight was on par with everyone in Nazi Germany ignoring what was happening to the jews was comedy gold mate. Well done!

You’ve jumped the shark and shown just how little you know about football.

I have watched the game 30 years longer than your club has existed.

I get why you are defensive, but that doesn't change the facts.

Back