Review Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Winning ugly over an in form side after back to back away games and sitting second makes me believe…...

I don’t know if it’s just me but I see a lot of Allen Jakovich about Rayner, the way he moves, the way he blocks, the way he reads the play and causes havoc in the forward line, same height….

Though Allen carried another 11 kegs. If can only Cam can learn to kick like Jako……...

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
WEll we DID get some dodgy free kicks, and it may have been more than North. But that call to the Big O is completely karma for that call for Brown. Really that umpiring all around was quite putrid for both teams..

RICHY great goal, played well
Lyons carried us for 80% of that game. His clearance work and then goals saved us so much.
Not sure who else to add in there, probably Hodge tbh, i liked his rebound work. Christensen added some pressure up forward nicely. Big O probably for his forward and down the line work. Goldy was monstering our rucks in the last quarter, but it was more on the secondary touch. When there was a in tight fumble he had gecko hands.

We were incredibly fumbly in the first half, really odd. Some of those behinds were quite bad too, but it seems business like usual at the moment.

Hopefully we see that bad effort and rectify for next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Amazing win after umps help North catch up we get a evener.
Lyons for free :) ha ha ha ha Gold Coast.

If we kicked straight and took a few marks i not of been so stressed :)

Athlonxp

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How loud was that crowd!
Jarryd Lyons - unbelievable!!!!! The biggest steal of all time!

A tough and gritty win will stand us in good stead for the rest of the year!

Outright second on the ladder 😎 In FagNob we always trust 😍

kylegee28

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lucky escape. North are probably the best two way running side I've seen this year and plenty of credit needs to be given to them. We can say we played poorly but that's all thanks to North's frantic pressure. Rattled us early but thankfully we settled after quarter time.

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Glad the boys got it done for Rich. Wasn't pretty but got it done. Five in a row was not on my radar this year, let alone that fifth win landing us in second place.

Berry Picker

Senior List
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Didn't play our best but still got the win. I'd be pretty dirty if I was a norf supporter with that last free kick, but that's footy. Adams played well I thought, there was a couple of times he out muscled ziebell which I don't think think Harris or Darcy could of done

Back