Game Day Round 18, 2019: Cats v Hawks, 1.10pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is what I've been saying. He crunches contests and even though he doesn't mark the ball his opponents don't either. For some context, do you know how good that stat is for a forward? The best defenders only lose 10-20% of their defensive 1v1s. Nash has won 50% and drawn equal on 20%.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
This is what I've been saying. He crunches contests and even though he doesn't mark the ball his opponents don't either. For some context, do you know how good that stat is for a forward? The best defenders only lose 10-20% of their defensive 1v1s. Nash has won 50% and drawn equal on 20%.
Gotta love stats.

Stats are so impactfull.

Stats are going to win us so many matches.

Have fun with ya stats.

Only one stat matters

Scoreboard.

Peace out all

Gotta love stats.

Stats are so impactfull.

Stats are going to win us so many matches.

Have fun with ya stats.

Only one stat matters

Scoreboard.

Peace out all

And winning 50% of your contests in the attacking half (where Nash plays) doesn't impact the scoreboard?

I don't get why it's bad to have something that helps quantify a players worth.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
And winning 50% of your contests in the attacking half (where Nash plays) doesn't impact the scoreboard?
Remember the time Hawthorn couldn't win those key stats that had all stats gods of the AFL in a tizz, you know contested possession and so forth. We won a three a threepete not winning in important key statistical areas.
All the stats nongs on here need to have coffee with David King and see how good you feel about yourselves.

Go Hawks, go Nash, let's beat the hell out of some pussy.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
IMG_20190720_111322.jpg

Remember the time Hawthorn couldn't win those key stats that had all stats gods of the AFL in a tizz, you know contested possession and so forth. We won a three a threepete not winning in important key statistical areas.
All the stats nongs on here need to have coffee with David King and see how good you feel about yourselves.

Just because we lost certain stats and didn't place importance on them doesn't mean we didn't prioritize others.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Our key stats or supercoach key stats? Our forwardline has always clearly been based around bringing the ball to the ground which is exactly why Clarkson would be loving this stat

Feb 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I'm not a stats nong by any means....but I'm pretty certain the coaches use stats during games to help motivate the players and tweak team strategies etc.Anyway, each to their own.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

You pull an all nighter B&G? Your firing up early!

Our key stats or supercoach key stats? Our forwardline has always clearly been based around bringing the ball to the ground which is exactly why Clarkson would be loving this stat

Pressure and ground ball were exactly what we focused on. We were the first club to really look at those two stats as vital.

Feb 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think we will win, and a big reason for that is the unpredictability of our forward line - Lewis, Nash, Ollie and even Wingard. That is a good mix with our usual forwards of Gunston, Breust and Puopolo. A good mix of experience and inexperience, pace, aggression, overhead/contested marking and skill.

That, along with a very settled defence and an ever-improving midfield, will beat Geelong today.

I did not rate our midfield at the start of the year, but with the improvement of Worpel and Henderson, we can now match most midfields. Add Jaeger, Shiels, Smith, Burgoyne, Wingard and the other forwards that spend time in the middle, and we have something.

But our biggest plus is the unpredictability of our forward line.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think we will win, and a big reason for that is the unpredictability of our forward line - Lewis, Nash, Ollie and even Wingard. That is a good mix with our usual forwards of Gunston, Breust and Puopolo. A good mix of experience and inexperience, pace, aggression, overhead/contested marking and skill.

That, along with a very settled defence and an ever-improving midfield, will beat Geelong today.

I did not rate our midfield at the start of the year, but with the improvement of Worpel and Henderson, we can now match most midfields. Add Jaeger, Shiels, Smith, Burgoyne, Wingard and the other forwards that spend time in the middle, and we have something.

But our biggest plus is the unpredictability of our forward line.
Throw TOB in there too.

I don't get why it's bad to have something that helps quantify a players worth.
I wouldn't even bother. It's like explaining relativity to your grandmother.

So if Gary Rohan scores any thing at all today, I will have my head done in. My head having been done in will explode. I will endeavour to ensure Rohan is carrying it at the time.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
-Ball use going into our 50 is vital today geelong have a good intercept marking defence.
- match ups in our defence they need to be spot on, Stratts needs to go to danger when he comes fwd.
Rohan & Ablett tend to have good games against us i don't rate Rohan but he speed & marking can worry us.
Sicily on the big Ratugloea is important.
Chip - Hawkins
Hardwick - Dalhouse
Impey - Ablett
Stratts/ Birch - Rohan

Go hawks if we can nail these 2 aeras we will be fine !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back