Preview Round 18, 2019: Geelong Cats v Hawthorn, 21 July 2019, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still find myself randomly watching the highlights from the last 2018 game against Geelol... so beautiful watching worpedo charge through selwood... and the Jaeger kick that nailed the door shut. Carn boys let’s do it again!

No wonder Geelong have been down the last couple of weeks, they've been saving themselves for their Grand Final on Sunday.

What's funny is they desperately need to give Scablett a rest but won't dare knowing how well he plays against us. So long as Duckwood is there the scars of 2008 will continue to fester and games like this will mean a lot more to them than us, and though they'll play out of their skins as usual I expect we will prevail. Geelong have a very soft underbelly and our ability to pressure them into mistakes will be a prelude to their September collapse. ;)

Got a feeling the Hawks are going to pull that premiership wagon they're stupifyingly travelling on kindly assisted by none other than Steven (Geelong) Hocking... apart spoke by spoke and wheel by wheel this weekend. Whether it's a point or ten, it doesn't really matter as long as they know that the top side will be beaten by eleventh on the ladder.
Anyone noticed word smith Scott's new phrase. It's gone from 'mission accomplished' to 'any given Sunday'. Did Hocking tell him to say that when the rest of the comp have finally woken up to them with Hockings months in advance tutoring and cheat notes that the 666 rule was coming in.. handed out at the annual Lingy BBQ. What a rort that club is...even poor Alan Richardson had the balls to call them out in public with their cattery assisted shenanigans.

Last edited:

With all the rubbish about Fyfe and Neale getting rough treatment Howe better tread wearily if he does get a game and runs with either Dangerflog or Tim ‘please let me go home’ Kelly. Duckwood and Gary ‘I led the Suns into the darkness’ Ablett are not worth tagging anymore.
[/Q

Geelong board's preview thread is 'Good vs Evil' :tearsofjoy:
I remember not too long ago reading a post by a handbagger suggesting (in a western theme) that their club wears a white hat and Hawthorn wears a black hat. Now this? Only 5 year olds deal in such absolutes. No doubt an accurate representation of the maturity of their supporter base for all to see.

I remember not too long ago reading a post by a handbagger suggesting (in a western theme) that their club wears a white hat and Hawthorn wears a black hat. Now this? Only 5 year olds deal in such absolutes. No doubt an accurate representation of the maturity of their supporter base for all to see.

Nah, it’s a bit of fun.

Until Hocking makes up the rules to suit his old side.
Until Gary can elbow to the head with impunity.
Until Thonpson drugs them up for a flag.
End the Geelong corruption of the AFL.

Yeah, I drew a direct line to all that from the title of a thread on BF as well. I kept my mouth shut because I thought it may make me look like a kooky conspiracy theorist, but it's good to see I'm not alone.

if gunston comes back then I reckon it’s at Poppy’s expense.
Unlikely mate he performs a role no one else does at this stage
If by Poppys role you mean not kicking a goal for months, we have plenty who can do that.

On a serious note we all love Poppys defensive side of his game but he will not be in our next Premiership team, so for mine its time to pump some game time into kids who will be.

Gotta love the confidence in this thread
1 v 10 and we’re the winner - has me smiling

I see neither Grimshaw or Moore played for box hill, so the only change will be gunners - unfortunately unless there’s an injury somewhere I can’t see anyone other than Hanners being left out

Well, if Grimshaw didn't play surely Scrunners is the only one who might be a change?:think:

oh sheeeiiitt i was wondering why the resident Geelong fan at work was talking to me about footy this week. I ******* forgot.

I can't wait to gloat next week

With all the rubbish about Fyfe and Neale getting rough treatment Howe better tread wearily if he does get a game and runs with either Dangerflog or Tim ‘please let me go home’ Kelly. Duckwood and Gary ‘I led the Suns into the darkness’ Ablett are not worth tagging anymore.

Howe is best 18 for mine. Is the best negating mid we have and you need those when you don't have a star studded midfield of your own. Hopefully he gets Dangerflog and roughs him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad news about Jones' PCL. Hope he can recover & get in a decent preseason. Don't mind Scrimshaw being given enough time to get right. We know what he can produce & the next couple of seasons he should be fun to watch.

I think we will be highly competitive in this one, but we won't be able to apply enough scoreboard pressure to ultimately get the chocolates.
Agree. This the proverbial 8 point game for us. A win here and finals is a real possibility. Lose this and couple of sides above us need to fall over for us to have any chance. The Dogs and * are our biggest issues atm. The Dogs in particular are building nicely.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back