Review Round 18, 2019: North Melbourne v Box Hill Hawks, 3 August 2019, 2.00pm @ Arden Street

Walker with 4 is a good game.

Putting the cue in the rack and losing from there is not great. I imagine Max Bailey was entertaining in the rooms after the game.
Kid was solid
Definitely worth a run in the seniors. .as opposed to brand who was limp.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brand strikes me as TOBv2...
Needs a lot of games to get the right confidence and football brain, and probably needs a few kg also.
Not sure that getting games will help his footy IQ.

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What bothered me today was his lack of desperation.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
This lack of desperation is a theme l also see in the senior side.
Was at Arden St yesterday & besides Walker, CJ, Kosi & maybe Cousins & Glass the cupboard looks fairly bare.
Harry M. had gone backwards fast.
That last Qtr was as insipid a performance a team in Brown & Gold has put in for a while.
Wont go into the miss from K. Brand 15 mtrs out to snatch us the game virtually right on the siren.
We'll need a mini- clean out at seasons end, as the're are a few there that aren't AFL standard level.

Arrogant Frog

All Australian
Feb 9, 2009
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This lack of desperation is a theme l also see in the senior side.
Was at Arden St yesterday & besides Walker, CJ, Kosi & maybe Cousins & Glass the cupboard looks fairly bare.
Harry M. had gone backwards fast.
That last Qtr was as insipid a performance a team in Brown & Gold has put in for a while.
Wont go into the miss from K. Brand 15 mtrs out to snatch us the game virtually right on the siren.
We'll need a mini- clean out at seasons end, as the're are a few there that aren't AFL standard level.

Who do you think is best placed to replace Birchall this week based on yesterday's form?
I guess it would be between CJ, Glass and Scrimshaw, although Scrim may need another game in the 2's after missing so much footy.

Lord Mud of Glenferrie

Club Legend
Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 13, 2008
Tied to an oxygen tube
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canetoads Bulls Gunners Packers
Who do you think is best placed to replace Birchall this week based on yesterday's form?
I guess it would be between CJ, Glass and Scrimshaw, although Scrim may need another game in the 2's after missing so much footy.

Did Scrimshaw play yesterday.? I see him as the long term replacement. Isn't CJ a rookie and would he have to be promoted before he can be selected?

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
oh l forgot Scrimshaw , yes he's a chance maybe to replace Birch.

Arrogant Frog

All Australian
Feb 9, 2009
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did Scrimshaw play yesterday.? I see him as the long term replacement. Isn't CJ a rookie and would he have to be promoted before he can be selected?

Yep he played, not sure what percentage of the game though, wasn't in the best or highest possession winners.

Yeah CJ would have to be promoted, not sure exactly how that works, but assume that this can be done.

Brand playing as a key forward. He has 3 scoring shots in the first half for 2 goals. :think:

HT

Box Hill 7.5.47
NM 3.6.24

Goals
Brand 2
M.Walker 2
Miles 1
Ross 1
Adduci 1
Finally playing in his correct position. Has the penny dropped?
If only someone could have somehow foreseen this... :rolleyes:

3+ years ago, for example...

North Melbourne3.2-203.6-245.7-3711.9-75
Box Hill Hawks4.3-277.5-4710.8-6810.13-73

NORTH MELBOURNE
Goal Kickers: D. Robinson 3, N. Holmes 2, T. Wilkinson 2, L. Hosie, C. Taylor, R. Murphy, R. Verbi
Best Players: T. Campbell, R. Morrison, N. Hrovat, J. Anderson, T. Murphy, B. McLaughlin
BOX HILL HAWKS
Goal Kickers: M. Walker 4, T. Miles 2, K. Brand 2, J. Ross, V. Adduci
Best Players: M. Walker, J. Cousins, J. Roughead, L. Walker, M. Pittonet, L. Meadows

A dreadful performance in the last quarter plus the first 3 goals kicked by NM were the result of terrible turnovers. The only real positive was Mat Walker's 4 goals from strong marking. He is an exciting prospect. In addition to the best players above Mascitti, Mirra and Scrimshaw were good in defense and Andrew Moore and Glass worked hard in the midfield. I think our inability to kick a winning score is the result of more emphasis being placed on our forwards locking the ball in as distinct from winning the ball. I'd hate to play in our "forward line" which is either devoid of players or congested.

Scrim played the whole game with good spells on interchange. I was impressed with his positioning to take marks, his clean ball handling and ball use. He is a classy player and with a full preseason he should be a very good player in 2020.

X75QvYK.png

XYnMCOY.png

Lord Mud of Glenferrie

Club Legend
Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 13, 2008
Tied to an oxygen tube
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canetoads Bulls Gunners Packers
I would be interested in comments on big Pitt from those who were at the game. 7 marks-is that an interesting stat?

Back