austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
I think Jack Lonie coming good after a certain number of games and the penny finally dropping suggests we give White and MacKenzie another chance, but if we are to bring in a lot of new players we must be ruthless and cut our losses.

A few more players closer to the bin or trade table than those, I would have thought.

Geary will retire soon, MacKenzie earns a final chance to fill his shoes. White has one last chance to buck his ideas up - two year deal, if he can't it's no great loss.

We have a few more guys on the list we should be worried about than one of the best runners in the team , who is said to be one of the hardest working and most fiercest and at 23 with 48 games.

That all may be true, but my read of D-Mac is that he’s mentally weak, like lots in this squad. Safe to say he’s no Lenny Hayes or Nick Riewoldt in that department.

That all may be true, but my read of D-Mac is that he’s mentally weak, like lots in this squad. Safe to say he’s no Lenny Hayes or Nick Riewoldt in that department.
Yeah true - especially true if you mean he has no regard for his safety.

Playing as a small defender as part of one of the youngest backlines in the league and with a midfield that really can't put a lot of defensive pressure on the opposition mids - unsurprising that he gets caught out on one on ones from time to time. (Especially when people ping him when he isn't even playing on the player who kicks the goal)

Moved forward for the first time in his career so that we could find a spot for some underperforming Top 10 draft picks and lost some form - unsurprising.

Looks more like he was moved forward for Paton, who isn’t an underperforming top 10 pick.
McKenzie first started in the forward line from when we played the Kanga's which was also the first time Coffield and Clark both started in defence.

Everyone to there own view, but I feel the kid being a young role player is just one of 44 in the squad and having Longer , McCartin , Roberton , Pierce , Armitage , Rice , Rowe , Young , Brown and most probably a few more we are going to find it hard to fill the spots.

I think Mac will also struggle. Too early to write him.off, but have said it a few times, back 6 stacked with good ball users apart from perhaps Brown.
The problem with having so many poor ball users. Guys like dmac polarise the issue. Not his fault. If you turn the percentages in favor of good ball users vs horrid ball users. I think he still has a very thin chance of playing a role within the team.

Any guy who puts his body on the line like this , is a footballer and he has done this many times - the guy has lost form / that's it .
We have a few more guys on the list we should be worried about than one of the best runners in the team , who is said to be one of the hardest working and most fiercest and at 23 with 48 games.

"Putting your body on the line" doesn't make you a good footballer. McKenzie is not a good footballer, he's not even a good footballers arsehole. Honestly these McKenzie apologetics are getting old "he tries harder than anyone else", "he's tough as nails", "no one can question his commitment". Yeah but what about his actual gameplay? He runs around like a headless chicken with the mental fortitude of a slug, has no game sense, gets regularly bathed by his direct opposition, never gives his teammates more time with his disposals on the rarest of occasions when they're actually effective and provides zero rebound which, as a small defender is pretty much a necessity these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Putting your body on the line" doesn't make you a good footballer. McKenzie is not a good footballer, he's not even a good footballers arsehole. Honestly these McKenzie apologetics are getting old "he tries harder than anyone else", "he's tough as nails", "no one can question his commitment". Yeah but what about his actual gameplay? He runs around like a headless chicken with the mental fortitude of a slug, has no game sense, gets regularly bathed by his direct opposition, never gives his teammates more time with his disposals on the rarest of occasions when they're actually effective and provides zero rebound which, as a small defender is pretty much a necessity these days.
I take it you’ve got a couple of minor concerns about his game but overall very satisfied with his progress?

Darragh Joyce not playing for Sandy today according to the Zebras - not sure if there's anything to read into that other than he's just going to be the insurance emergency?

Would make an interesting coaches feedback interview

Tonight I might need to write about the plight of White. Posters believe there has been no sight of White because he and Richo weren't tight but in spite of Richo taking flight there is still no sight of White. I will cite that maybe something is not quite right with White or he would be playing tomorrow night.

Probably more a case of Ratten , wanting to take it easy 1st week .
Gone with 1st gamer gives team a mental boost , also gives them more speed around midfield,
particularly against fast Bulldogs team .

Matty Wright is my mate. He’s a Darwin boy.. goes between WA and Darwin now. Mad as a cut snake. Best chopper pilot I’ve come across though. He collects all the croc eggs for a farmer up there and the government. Needs help every now and then with the boats.

That's Aussie as *.

I’ll try and upload the first time I was forced to pat his 7m pet croc with peer pressure.. in thongs mind you. I wasn’t ready for that kind of experience. Shat every part of my dacks possible.

I had you pegged as the Audi driving moisturiser applying type not thongs and crocs. Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back