Autopsy Round 18, 2019: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs *LANGLANDS DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I just give a shoutout to Nath Brown? Has arguably been one of our best the last couple weeks. Kept Tomahawk to one junk time goal and Naughton goalless today. And had some massive plays in the final quarter when the bulldogs were pushing.

Needs more recognition for the effort he’s put into his games this season.
IIRC he's rated as one of the best defenders 1v1.. Rarely loses them.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Look at the change though.. hold & control the ball from the backline, then use the middle with pace. Run and run.. lowered the yes and created space between their backs.

Doggies didn’t play badly, that’s the best part. They were hard at the ball, a little sloppy at times, and kicked dead straight in the second half. We just played better. Played like a side that had been taught to win, not to ‘not lose’.

ClosedSeveralCony-size_restricted.gif

Read DE off half back was 87%
Scored 9 goals from plays from there, season ave 3.8
Better ball users everywhere, playing with confidence.
Funny what happens when you're not asking those users to incessantly launch mortars into F50, eh?

'We just have a rubbish list', they said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope every realizes our squad is far from average - a look today and you will see 4 of our best possession winners were Marshall , Billings , Hunter and Lonie.
How dare you go against the club party line.

Parker & Gresham playing deep forward worked a treat. A clear change from Richo. Lonie immense. Carlisle a rock at the back. Clark superb.

I wonder how much of it is to do with a dead cat bounce and how much of it is due to a change in gameplan. Anyway it was awesome to watch.

Ratten in with the boys singing the song in the rooms post-game was great to see.

Parker & Gresham playing deep forward worked a treat. A clear change from Richo. Lonie immense. Carlisle a rock at the back. Clark superb.

I wonder how much of it is to do with a dead cat bounce and how much of it is due to a change in gameplan. Anyway it was awesome to watch.
Find out over the next 5 weeks.

The difference a week makes.

You lose structures, you lose cohesion and you just have people running on the spot hunting the ball and creating contest, you have last week and an inability to score outside of a couple instances where it looks OK and in the end you end up losing by a fair margin not firing much of a shot.

Then to come out and start this game as we did is night and day stuff.

Hunted instead of being hunted, running, supporting each other and structures holding despite rotations, despite random breaks because there's support.

Still weakness, still issues, still room for improvement, but a positive step in the right direction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back