Autopsy Round 18, 2019: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs *LANGLANDS DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

The clean handballs in tight in that first half was reminiscent of the first 4 or 5 weeks; pinballing back and forward to give us some time and composure. Hunter Clark has more time and composure then anyone else in this team I reckon, he just holds it wound up to handball it but refuses to execute until he gets something to our advantage, and he just gets it done. Probably the classiest bloke at contests, Billings probably has him covered by foot.

The famous Malthouse saying “In the matchbox, the flea can only jump so high, but when you slide the lid off it can jump as high as it wants.” came to mind today when you watched our team.

To break the 100 point barrier straight after getting rid of Richo against a team with finals on the line in decent form shows a fair few of our guys felt the shackles were broken.

I think history will show Richo was just an ordinary coach and there will be more performances like today going forward.

This list can go somewhere with better coaching - surely our recruiters haven’t butchered so many picks- and today is the first step in a long road back to being a credible and consistent AFL team.

Well played, smashed us.

Just a quick question, is that Lonie song / chant played after every goal he kicks every week? It's the worst in game thing I've witnessed since the Dogs played a dog barking everytime we kicked a goal.

The famous Malthouse saying “In the matchbox, the flea can only jump so high, but when you slide the lid off it can jump as high as it wants.” came to mind today when you watched our team.

To break the 100 point barrier straight after getting rid of Richo against a team with finals on the line in decent form shows a fair few of our guys felt the shackles were broken.

I think history will show Richo was just an ordinary coach and there will be more performances like today going forward.

This list can go somewhere with better coaching - surely our recruiters haven’t butchered so many picks- and today is the first step in a long road back to being a credible and consistent AFL team.
I've seen enough to say of all our top 10 picks, only Paddy looks poor and even his is due to concussion.

Well played, smashed us.

Just a quick question, is that Lonie song / chant played after every goal he kicks every week? It's the worst in game thing I've witnessed since the Dogs played a dog barking everytime we kicked a goal.

Lol that's so bad it's awesome

Was it playfull puppy barks or a cut caged mutt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really happy with that win. We got challenged and responded well. Free kick count very lopsided again. And they kicked accurately to stay in touch. But a pretty even performance from our team. Everyone contributed. Hind on Fanfooty is on the bottom of our stats list, but I saw him at lots of contests and he did some good things. Probably saying our bottom 6 on the day all did their job.

Thought Langlands looked really promising. Coffield took another step. Clark proving to be very consistent. He was terrific. Roma great. Billings had a very good four quarter effort. Gresh too. Dunstan keeps doing it....had a good game. Lonie had one of the great quarters....the first. Got us on the way. And was very involved at the start of the last. He could have kicked 7 or 8. Scary thought!

I said before the game that I wondered if we would play with more freedom. And we did. The Bulldogs may have been a bit off which helped. Although their stars all had good numbers except for the Bont. He got 'Steeled'.

Our young guys are coming along nicely. Maybe some of our recruiting and development has actually been going ok.

Dees next week. Be good to despatch them again!

Well played, smashed us.

Yes. We have a few of them. The origins of them are from the guys who sit aisle 29.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back