Preview Round 18, 2019: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 21st July, 4:40PM AEST *LANGLANDS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
He looks like a back and I will be shocked if he isn’t played as a back on Sunday. For all richo apparent coaching faults there were stuff all changes at selection. Now let’s see the changes on game day.

We are not going to see many changes over the space of a week. The change we are all hoping for is an increase in desire & intent & to play 4 quarter footy, something that has gone missing over the last 10 or so games.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
We are not going to see many changes over the space of a week. The change we are all hoping for is an increase in desire & intent & to play 4 quarter footy, something that has gone missing over the last 10 or so games.
It has. Coincidentally as we got even more injuries and played better sides. Now we have a run of some very average sides. I would hope there is an increase in desire. The other 2 clubs in the same position have. To me this is the issue with sacking. What if nothing happens. You want to read depressed before. It would be so much worse if there is no real improvement. Hopefully it does go the way of north and Carlton because I really worry if it doesn’t.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
It has. Coincidentally as we got even more injuries and played better sides. Now we have a run of some very average sides. I would hope there is an increase in desire. The other 2 clubs in the same position have. To me this is the issue with sacking. What if nothing happens. You want to read depressed before. It would be so much worse if there is no real improvement. Hopefully it does go the way of north and Carlton because I really worry if it doesn’t.

I guess we’ll find out tomorrow. The Dogs are one of the form sides of the comp & handled the Cats a fortnight ago. It will be a good test.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I guess we’ll find out tomorrow. The Dogs are one of the form sides of the comp & handled the Cats a fortnight ago. It will be a good test.
They also lost the first time the other 2 sides confirmed coaching changes. It’s a pretty good look at how we respond. You could certainly say they have been unlucky

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
They also lost the first time the other 2 sides confirmed coaching changes. It’s a pretty good look at how we respond. You could certainly say they have been unlucky
Not quite. They lost to North in what was going to be Brad Scott's last game. Then beat Carlton in Teague's second game as coach.

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think DMac is suffering from Richo expecting every player to be a half back first- he is definitely not a backman, more a outside run winger/ onballer, but has never been used much in those roles as I would have liked. Hope he bounces back under a new coach.

Mate I agree. I see the same thing in Dmac that I saw in marshall early. A fierce desire to compete. People like that need to be around the contest. Not chasing a player around

Not really, I won't be depressed except it will dent Ratts chances at the top job. We are where we are, we are a poor list with masses of injuries and missing our only AFL standard mids.

It will be worse if Ratts doesn't get many wins and we put Scott in and still don't get many wins.

Saintbloke

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Should be interesting to see if we get good results in the remaining games- wins or close finishes, and if any players start to show more form than they have up to now.

From 45

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not really, I won't be depressed except it will dent Ratts chances at the top job. We are where we are, we are a poor list with masses of injuries and missing our only AFL standard mids.

It will be worse if Ratts doesn't get many wins and we put Scott in and still don't get many wins.
Maybe the club agrees with you regarding the state of the list and therefore won't be judging Ratts on wins/losses.

Imo they'll be judging him on how well he connects with the players and how they respond to him.. Tactically, the club would know he's strong in that department so they won't judge too harshly there either, especially knowing you can't flip the whole programme and start again in a 6 week period.

Honestly don’t know mate.. been away for a couple of days and haven’t been at the club. Bony out, Billings in.
More European boat cruises then?

cooperrules

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2012
East Bentleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Lakers, Leeds united
Mate I agree. I see the same thing in Dmac that I saw in marshall early. A fierce desire to compete. People like that need to be around the contest. Not chasing a player around
Shocking comparison. Dmac would be more comparable to shenton. Will be delisted if not this year next. Aweful footballer.

Oct 16, 2014
Top of a God
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saw this on FB. Wonder If Richo’s shot on the way out will yep or hinder this situation.

36B96F64-5355-41BC-A2AA-5B2867CAB593.png

I think DMac is suffering from Richo expecting every player to be a half back first- he is definitely not a backman, more a outside run winger/ onballer, but has never been used much in those roles as I would have liked. Hope he bounces back under a new coach.
Sorry but i couldn't agree with anything you said about him , dont think for one min just because he can run good time trials that it equates to him giving us run and carry during a game , the reason he has played back as that's his only chance of him making it as an AFL footballer IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back