Preview Round 18, 2019: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 21st July, 4:40PM AEST *LANGLANDS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the club obviously does not agree he’s awful...they signed him for three more years. I’m keen to see how he goes with another coach.

Well they did give Richo a two year extension. I wonder how much say Richo had in the extension, if any at all. Richo gone and McKenzie dropped at last. Coincidence? I think not.

They didn’t sign Weller for 3 years ever. Most get two, he got 3 that’s all I’m saying. Not speaking for you, but I figure the club knows more than I do. It’s an interesting length of time for sure and certainly doesn’t put him close to being delisted as some are suggesting should happen.

I wonder if we'd get anything for him if we threw him on the trade table? For me, given his draft pick and the opportunities he's been afforded, he's been disappointing overall.

When we drafted him he was a hbf who "might" be able to play midfield.
When we played him he struggled to get his hands on the ball, and therefore ended up with a lock down role.
If he can't tag/lockdown, we need to delist him.

Any guy who puts his body on the line like this , is a footballer and he has done this many times - the guy has lost form / that's it .
We have a few more guys on the list we should be worried about than one of the best runners in the team , who is said to be one of the hardest working and most fiercest and at 23 with 48 games.

Perhaps, though Dmac's last 3 games have been shockers.

Generous assessment. Apart from his second half in the miracle on the Gold Coast, I can't recall many good performances. White has shown much more in his relatively few senior appearances. If it comes down to a choice between the two, I'd go with White everytime. It would be good to see White get a chance under a different coach.

Went fishing. Caught my catch.
Excellent choice of bait 👍🏻

rup2rt.jpg

Generous assessment. Apart from his second half in the miracle on the Gold Coast, I can't recall many good performances. White has shown much more in his relatively few senior appearances. If it comes down to a choice between the two, I'd go with White everytime. It would be good to see White get a chance under a different coach.
New coach, still no White.

Not looking good for the boy, is it? Especially given our massive injury list. If you can't get a game this week (Stuv aside) I suggest you're skating on very thin ice.
I think Mac will also struggle. Too early to write him.off, but have said it a few times, back 6 stacked with good ball users apart from perhaps Brown.

Well they did give Richo a two year extension. I wonder how much say Richo had in the extension, if any at all. Richo gone and McKenzie dropped at last. Coincidence? I think not.

Tbh the thought did cross my mind. Is it the coach who makes this decision unilaterally though? Surely not, and especially in light of the fact that Richo’s tenure wasn’t guaranteed. I must admit I was surprised at the time that it was more than two years.

Tbh the thought did cross my mind. Is it the coach who makes this decision unilaterally though? Surely not, and especially in light of the fact that Richo’s tenure wasn’t guaranteed. I must admit I was surprised at the time that it was more than two years.
Or maybe they see a future for the boy despite the recent form slump?

Or maybe they see a future for the boy despite the recent form slump?

Maybe. And I don’t disagree, it’s just that usually it’s the star players getting more than two years. I think they see him as a Geary replacement ultimately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Lethlean and Gags had more say over contracts than Richo?

I was also surprised at the 3 years but he is would be on very little so the third year shouldn't effect us and gives us a ready made back up player if needed I guess.

New coach, still no White.
Tonight I might need to write about the plight of White. Posters believe there has been no sight of White because he and Richo weren't tight but in spite of Richo taking flight there is still no sight of White. I will cite that maybe something is not quite right with White or he would be playing tomorrow night.

Coffield and Clarke are better footballers than McKenzie, no doubt about it. I’d much rather get games into them than McKenzie every day of the week. Even Paton has shown more than McKenzie this year and is being selected ahead of him. With Geary and Webster back, McKenzie should be depth, can play a role, but will never be more than a role player.
Unfortunately White is probably gone, even though he’s arguably been playing better VFL footy than all of the above mentioned players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back