Game Day Round 18 2020 Brisbane Lions V Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yippppiiieeeeee.......Even tho our history of playing Carlton before the bye is woeful ......we will embarrass the blue scum by 39pts.

Last edited:

If the Blues are invested today then Lions by 5 goals. If they've checked out already 10+ goals.

Hipwood to kick 5 & be best on.
I would prefer McStay to kick 5 but not to be best on. That for Stef

Always interesting playing the Blues as it feels they are trying to follow our path.
There always seems to be something that happens to the Blues that helps them get up for our game: Last year was a new coach and now Simpson retiring.

Also, not sure why plenty would thin Answerth can't keep his spot (in preview thread). He is our best lockdown small and there will be plenty of high quality small forwards that need locking down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always interesting playing the Blues as it feels they are trying to follow our path.
There always seems to be something that happens to the Blues that helps them get up for our game: Last year was a new coach and now Simpson retiring.

Also, not sure why plenty would thin Answerth can't keep his spot (in preview thread). He is our best lockdown small and there will be plenty of high quality small forwards that need locking down.

I think Starcevich isnt far behind defensively but much better offensively. Playing Payne and Andrews could free up Gardiner to play small. Rich is good defensively as long as they're not too quick.

Not sure about this one. Cripps would be pissed about being left out and Simpson retiring would give them a lot to play for. Fingers crossed on this one.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

WOOHOO!!!

They'll make us earn it I reckon, as they should - but if we are switched on, we'll be too tough. Lions by 36.

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D

Based on the list below that'll be playing Carlton, we are getting pretty close to our best 22. Berry will take over from CEY when he returns. When Harris comes back, we need to drop one of Payne/Lester/Birchall.

I don't like Birchall's chances of keeping up with nippy small forwards, I'd rather swap him with Harris and let Gardiner play small. Rich, Starce and Bailey to provide the drive from defensive half for us. Answerth would miss based on these updates as well.

1600482703878.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back