Review Round 18, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hope we finish top. Geelong in the first week and then if we lose, the Saints or Collingwood in the second looks a lot better than Richmond in the first and West Coast second week of finals.

Go Pies.

I can't see how Answerth gets his spot back in the back 7. The coaches can't drop Birchall, Rich, Starcevich or Ah Chee. The only possible way is to drop Coleman and push Ah Chee up the ground. But I think that would be silly as Rayner, Cameron and Linc can play a very similar role.

Only changes for the final would be Berry for CEY. (Andrews for Payne if he gets up).

We did what we had to do tonight.

Neale is a complete jet . Rich is a Rock. It seems some people are still unable to accept what a great year Ah Chee has had and what an incredible talent he is. Lyons is our most reliable player week in week out. Really liked the way Rich ,Ah Chee and Starcevich backed each other up and covered for their teammate . Stef worked in to it ,he looks fine.

Sorry ,but McStay played another stinker. My main beef with him apart from the obvious is that he just doesn't go in hard enough . No changing now but geez , you're built like a brick SH if you don't have the skill to execute when you get near it at least throw yourself at it or at the opposition. Rant over . Everyone I watched the game with thinks the same. We need him and Charlie to really lift for our next game.

We need Harris back , not convinced about Payne against the better sides right now . No knock at all on him longer term .

I think Richmond are a more polished unit than we are , we can't afford any passengers.

Really hope we finish top. Geelong in the first week and then if we lose, the Saints or Collingwood in the second looks a lot better than Richmond in the first and West Coast second week of finals.

I think if we finish second and lose to Richmond we'd play St Kilda/Collingwood. Similar to last year where we played GWS in the semi who finished 6th on the ladder

I think if we finish second and lose to Richmond we'd play St Kilda/Collingwood.
Looking at the draw and hoping for this or that never works, sometimes what you wish for can be the worst thing.

If we finish second we're clearly good enough to be competitive against whoever's third if we play well on our home ground ,and that should be our mindset.

Would rather finish 2nd. Richmond will beat us, so would rather lose to them in the first week and not see them again before GF day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We wouldn’t play them again until the Granny if we beat them either.

The only guys i can see them dropping would be lester or coleman for answorth. either way it will be a really tough call, lester has had a massive year. i dont think they will drop birch, as i think like his disposal coming out the backline, without him there i cant see us cutting through the centre corridor as much.

I really think we need noah in the team, i dont envy the job the coaching staff has infront of them

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only guys i can see them dropping would be lester or coleman for ainsworth. either way it will be a really tough call, lester has had a massive year. i dont think they will drop birch, as i think like his disposal coming out the backline, without him there i cant see us cutting through the centre corridor as much.

I really think we need noah in the team, i dont envy the job the coaching staff has infront of them
No way we'll drop Lester, especially with Andrews out. It has to be Coleman if we are going to drop anyone. But I think Answerth just misses out.

We got in front, then did what we had to to stay ahead. Control, no risks taken. Loved it.

Not sure we have the clinical precision needed to overcome Richmond, but they’ll give it a red hit go. No matter how the finals fall, there is serious potential in this bunch and it’s going to be fun following them for the next few years.

If I'm making a choice between coleman upforward and ar Chee down back, or ah Chee up forward and Answerth down back, I think I lean towards the former.

I thought coleman was a little bit more quiet tonight, but when ever he has the ball he just seems to composed. More composed then Answerth in my opinion.

Besides the obvious stand outs, I thought Starcevich showed again why he's been so important for us this year. Does a great job taking the game on and I feel confident in his disposal.

Our backlines attacking game really fired tonight. If they can keep that up we will be in with a shot for the finals.

If I'm making a choice between coleman upforward and ar Chee down back, or ah Chee up forward and Answerth down back, I think I lean towards the former.

I thought coleman was a little bit more quiet tonight, but when ever he has the ball he just seems to composed. More composed then Answerth in my opinion.

Besides the obvious stand outs, I thought Starcevich showed again why he's been so important for us this year. Does a great job taking the game on and I feel confident in his disposal.

Our backlines attacking game really fired tonight. If they can keep that up we will be in with a shot for the finals.
100% I think this will be the conversation. I'd rather the first option too.

Beats me why we are even talking about who we are likely to play after LOSING the QF,

I hope the players don't read this stuff or think this way, or we are beaten before we even play
Yeah this really annoys me too, we have to back ourselves in. Richmond got heaps of umpiring decisions go their way in the 1st qtr along with our bad goal kicking (Rich htb, Christensen high, Grimes dive and thats just off the top of my head, which is 3 goals). We also should've beaten GWS. We can beat Richmond.

First of was good to have Stef back.. I gave him a vote :)
Rich was BOG followed by Neale and Ah Chee. Hope this game stops the drop Ah Chee group you can see his worth.
Clugga was great although what is it 7-21 now :(
M Robbo was up against his old side.
Big O almost nearly a few times.
Hipwood I think worked out what to do now.
McCarthy was great again.. I think he also a whipping boy sometimes.
Coleman you can see he be around for a while.. Been a fav for mine in NEAFL.
Starc was good.
Payne another week where he was not overly challenged. One great punch.. good he getting eased in.

So finals.. you assume Berry in for CEY which I though did a lot of good things tonight.
Then Andrews for Payne or Lester probably depends who we playing that week.

No we not dropping McStay.. Even though I agree he seems to go missing a lot.
Structure too late to change and honestly Skinner or Ballenden did not show more. Fullerton I liked.

Would like to see Answerth back but not at the expense of Coleman who exudes X factor up forward.

Also re Tigers isn't Grimes injured currently?
Grimes played last two weeks. Lynch the one with a hammy.. Although he probably play.
Soldo the one they will miss although Chol and Nankervous not a bad combo
Caddy and Aarts injured today.

Total gamble but could you go small and play Answorth instead of Payne if Andrew’s isn’t fit? Massive risk I know.

Back