Review Round 18, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich was fantastic, not just those two beautiful long goals but solid in defense and hard-working generally.
Ah Chee's intercepting was on point, reading it really well.
Neale worked well through the the tag, good effort.
Coleman applied a lot of really good pressure, some unrewarded tackles & HTBs in there as well. Rapidly becoming a favourite of mine.
Great to see Stef back, and getting him back up to speed before finals was good.

Love that we can turn it on for a quarter and hold a lead and understand that strategically, it's the perfect way to play these shorter games, but man, it would be nice to have four quarters of high intensity footy that punishes the opposition. Maybe we're saving that for the granny?

Rich Ah Chee Neale superb game I think.

Big O nearly had the screamer of a mark and Stef really worked into the game nicely.

Some really good set shots tonight, but still a lot of behinds. Some players drifted in and out of form which is worrying, but at times we put some really solid work together.

onto the FINALS!

Whoever boo’ed Simpson as he walked into the rooms needs to get their sh*t together. Completely unnecessary for a legend of the game.

They were saying Kreuzer lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crappy conditions and more of that to come. Good in terms of scoring opportunities but not in taking our chances. Carlton were always gong to bring the effort. We won and that's all that counts on the day but really we are not seeing a consistent effort across the team. Too many doing too little which won't work in finals. Hopefully we will find another gear.

Reasonably good win. Good set up before finals

Neale probably got another 2/3 votes tonight. Just such clean hands and a level above in the wet.
Rich maybe takes bog over him tonight. Was immense across the half back line. Beautiful kicking all night and can't get enough of the long goals.
Ah Chee showed his value and was huge intercepting all night. Think they said he equaled the record for most intercept marks this year. Gives us a lot of flexibility able to play anywhere.

Bit disappointing we weren’t as desperate as they were but understandable.

Ah Chee, Rich and Starcevich were great behind the footy. Neale the most influential mid and Robbbo was good too

Rich has to be all australian this year, bog tonight for mine. Cey had 8 touches, not enough for a guy rotating through the mid even if he was tagging. Berry will take his spot.

Its been a funny season, i cant think of a game where i thought we played our best but we still find a way to win. Come finals time if we get a game where we put it all together i think we can beat anyone.

Rich has to be all australian this year, bog tonight for mine. Cey had 8 touches, not enough for a guy rotating through the mid even if he was tagging. Berry will take his spot.

Its been a funny season, i cant think of a game where i thought we played our best but we still find a way to win. Come finals time if we get a game where we put it all together i think we can beat anyone.

Should be but he probably won't even be named in the squad. Daniel, Lloyd and Maynard are fine players, which I'm sure will be named, but I'd take Rich over all of them. Doesn't lose his one on ones, is hard as nails and his kicks are among the most constructive and impactful in the game.

Lots of positives but far too many negatives. We can’t afford to show up for 20 minutes and expect to win a final, especially if our ruck duo are getting dominated like tonight - really limits what the mids can do. It’s also boardline depressing watching Mcstay and CEY play, the bright side is that Berry is back but I seriously wonder what Mcstay is actually going to do in the next few weeks...

Back