Game Day Round 18, 2020: Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns, 1.05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just win, stuff the draft pick. 3/4 no difference compared to winning culture.
If we won 6 games in 2004 instead of 4 it would have made a mighty difference.

If you enter round 1 trying to tank i agree with you, but its round 17 in a covid bubble in a very meaningless game. Its a must lose

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5-12 or 4-13 makes no difference to winning culture either, irrespective of today's result it's a horrendous season for that.
You build a winning culture be developing standards and adhering to them regardless of the state of the season or the scoreboard. We have let ourselves down this year so what better time to build culture in a game where we stand to lose something by winning? Not to mention it would be a lot better way of ho luring our champions.

Mate let's get real. How does a loss or a win here affect the "winning culture" at all in any way.

We are finishing 16th or 15th, so whatever "winning culture" we had has taken a huge hit by being absolutely terrible all season. Another win or loss here in this pointless game means nothing.

Last edited:
You build a winning culture be developing standards and adhering to them regardless of the state of the season or the scoreboard. We have let ourselves down this year so what better time to build culture in a game where we stand to lose something by winning? Not to mention it would be a lot better way of ho luring our champions.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this, I think winning this game against Gold coast in Adelaide will achieve very little in terms of developing a winning culture.

It's true that the draft is a lottery and the pick might make no difference, but if for eg this win should we do it costs us the best key forward in the draft I don't think I'll get over it in a hurry.

Can you create a winning culture by defeating Gil Coast Suns after being fu**ing horrible all year & finishing bottom 4?

I'm gonna go with no.

In fact, I'm going to suggest that a winning culture would've been better developed if we'd made a lot of critical (yet evident) changes far earlier in the season.

Winning today hurts us & helps others.

It'll take all the experience Clarko can muster to do nothing new & just stick with the same garbage we've served up most of the season.

He certainly loves a late season, pointless win & I've got a horrible feeling we're about to see a Clarko Special...

Nup not even Clarko is that stubborn.

No injury’s and a 18 point loss will be just fine thank you.

We can try and build a winning culture again next year and onwards. This game will have literally no effect on whatever winning culture is left at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll have to agree to disagree on this, I think winning this game against Gold coast in Adelaide will achieve very little in terms of developing a winning culture.

It's true that the draft is a lottery and the pick might make no difference, but if for eg this win should we do it costs us the best key forward in the draft I don't think I'll get over it in a hurry.

If we think the draft is a lottery and the pick may become a spud then let's just abstain from drafting all together. We may make a mistake so there's no point in drafting, never mind trying to improve our position in order to maximize our drafting potential.

Can you create a winning culture by defeating Gil Coast Suns after being fu**ing horrible all year & finishing bottom 4?

I'm gonna go with no.

In fact, I'm going to suggest that a winning culture would've been better developed if we'd made a lot of critical (yet evident) changes far earlier in the season.

Winning today hurts us & helps others.

Agree-
We have been asleep at the wheel this year. Coaching, selections and the playing group have all snoozed in the hub and we have copped our right whack.

Regardless of the result today I'm going into next season viewing us as a sleeping giant- though I'd love us to field a more youthful side, I'll back our club to the hilt to know how to develop a winning culture and provide the best growth path for players.

Poppy to go out with a speckie on Sam Collins and Stratts to give Rankine a bath in a close loss/win

This whole "winning culture" stuff is way overblown right now.

We are seeing out the season playing the same old veterans and trying to work out whether the fringe players like Morrison, Moore, Cousins and Greaves (latter two are certainties) will get a new contract.

If you believe that a loss here is somehow going to adversely affect Lewis, Day, Scrimshaw, Cousins and Greaves moving forward then you will be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back