Preview Round 18, 2020: Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns, 20 September 2020, 1.05pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One game for Finn for the entire year. Did ok on debut, then gets dropped, season over. Disappointing and bewildering I have to say.
He laid 5 tackles too, which I was impressed with.

I know they play different roles, but Moore won't make it for mine. Yet he's getting opportunities.

Maginness dropped is the most Clarko thing ever- so sick of this stubborn prick
I don’t know I thought Finn looked a little off the pace and playing in his first game, he has an entire career ahead of him.

Interesting you refer to Clarko as a Prick, seriously after everything he has achieved at our club.
You should be calling him a god. Show some respect.

Ever thought that he may know a fraction more about footy than you?

I don’t care if he made a thousand decisions you would not agree with but to say you are “sick” of the greatest coach of the modern era, baffles me.

Seriously you sound like an entitled Hawthorn supporter that has been following them during the good times (if you are not, then harden up sunshine)
It’s obvious we put the cue in the rack weeks ago, so no need to get worked up about a kid getting dropped.

I mean to say that Stratts and Poppy are not in our best team but we all know the reason why they are playing, get with the program.

Last edited:
Maginness dropped after one game is the most Clarko thing ever- so sick of this stubborn prick
Toughen up princess. It’s one game in a nothing season where our players stopped trying two months ago. The priority has clearly been on trialling fringe players in a variety of roles for the last six weeks. This is about a farewell to some greats and learning what we have on the list. Why be continually frustrated by this when it is obvious what is happening?

He laid 5 tackles too, which I was impressed with.

I know they play different roles, but Moore won't make it for mine. Yet he's getting opportunities.
Surely they are playing Moore to find out what he might do at all and wether or not they should cut him. These games have all been about list management more than player development.

Yep heard from clarko this morning. He asked me so what would piss off the bigfooty 'faithful'. I immediately answered drop finn. He is more revered on bigfooty that any of the other players currently playing. Done... so called mission accomplished

Surely they are playing Moore to find out what he might do at all and wether or not they should cut him. These games have all been about list management more than player development.
I'm not usually too upset about team selection, but dropping Finn after one game (and I actually agree he looked off the pace) is bewildering. Sure, bring back Frawley, and I can understand playing Moore and Morrison as a last chance (although I'm pretty convinced they won't make it), but surely player development has to feature somewhere in the decision making calculus?

Why not rest Titch who has looked cooked for a month now?

I'm not usually too upset about team selection, but dropping Finn after one game (and I actually agree he looked off the pace) is bewildering. Sure, bring back Frawley, and I can understand playing Moore and Morrison as a last chance (although I'm pretty convinced they won't make it), but surely player development has to feature somewhere in the decision making calculus?

Maybe Titch insisted he plays in Stratts and Poppy’s last game as a sign of respect.

Don’t be surprised to see a couple of late changes. I reckon Mitchell and Wingard might be prime candidates if there is any. Pretty much anyone that didn’t play in a premiership with Stratts and Poppy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we know what these guys can do.

I can only assume we are playing Moore for the same reason we didn’t “omit” Howe.

They lose whatever small value they might have(not a great deal) on the trade table should they be dropped late in the year.

That's why I didn't mention Shiels who has also looked cooked, but was part of the premireships, whereas Titch came in a little later - as VC I can maybe see it?

Oh well, guess this is about honouring the past rather than looking to the future

"Farewell" game in front of all of 12 Hawthorn supporters at the ground.

Though to be fair we are more of a chance to secure pick #3 with Stratton in the side than out of it, so that's a silver lining.
You make it sound like the games don’t actually mean anything to the players or the staff. Just the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back