Autopsy Round 18, 2020: St.Kilda v GWS *MARSHALL 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay now, after Steele kicked his 2nd he looked up to the top level of the stands a blew a kiss to the Saints fans cheering us on. Bloody hell. I can't stop crying hahaha
Boys cry at things like movies and break ups.

Men cry at things like Steele's second goal and that team song.

I'm a massive Jake fan, but he didn't look right physically last night at one stage at least and he only had 1 effective disposal, so he'd be on shaky ground if there's not a great matchup.

Our defence looks better as a whole with him in. They were never really tested that much last night. The smalls seemed to do all the work out of the backline, Dougs only really had that run down rushed behind that I can think of that was outstanding and Wilkie one strong contested grab but otherwise they didn't have much to do.

Carlisle has been taking the big boys when he's in though. Carlile to Cox, Howard to Mihocek and Wilkie to De Goey/loose could be the match ups.

Although there is something in Carlisle going out for match ups again even though I prefer having him in, have to be honest.
Howard always plays deep. I don’t think they just play Carlisle on the bigger guys. One is deep and the other is up the ground. If they do play Carlisle we will be playing him deep which isn’t his normal position. I would have thought Wilkie could handle brody. I think we need more run the backline. If we play the dogs I certainly would play Carlisle. He can play on bruce. Howard on naughton

Is Steele (although not the highest profile) the best performed player lured out of GWS?

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You wouldn't swap him for any of the others. Shiel can't kick, Dev Smith can't get on the park, I can't actually think of any better. Actually Treloar probably the best but again he can't get on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle has been taking the big boys when he's in though. Carlile to Cox, Howard to Mihocek and Wilkie to De Goey/loose could be the match ups.

Although there is something in Carlisle going out for match ups again even though I prefer having him in, have to be honest.
I think Carlisle has to play our backline is better and more balanced with him in allows Coffield to do his thing
Kent out if Jones is fit

Coffield and Wilkie with 7 intercepts each (equal most on the night)

Probably a result of Carlisle coming in so that they could just do their thing.
Big selection decision coming up. Don’t envy Ratts having that conversation.

You wouldn't swap him for any of the others. Shiel can't kick, Dev Smith can't get on the park, I can't actually think of any better. Actually Treloar probably the best but again he can't get on the park.
Agree Treloar is a gun still rather our man Steele

Probably a result of Carlisle coming in so that they could just do their thing.
Big selection decision coming up. Don’t envy Ratts having that conversation.
Team defence works with in also think Howard benefits with him in

Qtr 3
Hanners very organised around the stoppages, brings our other mids into the game. Excellent user of the ball.
Ryders sidekick, backheel to Sinclair so intentional.
Doogs has some wheels gave Riccardi 3 metres and ran him down in 35 metres. Was also the first one to the clapping in the song after the game.

Butler all over the ground, the guy has got a tank.
Hill showing why we got him. Burning off the Giants and playing a pure wingmans game.
Hunter very damaging. Max contesting everything and our mids and small forwards. Two goals directly due to him halving a 2 v 1 contest for Lonie and Billings..
Hodge mentioned with 3 minutes to go Ratts dropped Billings back to a 7 man defence to protect the 4 goal plus lead. Simple coaching, but still has to be done. G WS going into the 50 were very unsure and kept turning it over.

We go into the 4th qtr 29 up. Giants goalless and spirit broken.

Premiership qtr.

Qtr 3
Hanners very organised around the stoppages, brings our other mids into the game. Excellent user of the ball.
Ryders sidekick, backheel to Sinclair so intentional.
Doogs has some wheels gave Riccardi 3 metres and ran him down in 35 metres. Was also the first one to the clapping in the song after the game.

Butler all over the ground, the guy has got a tank.
Hill showing why we got him. Burning off the Giants and playing a pure wingmans game.
Hunter very damaging. Max contesting everything and our mids and small forwards. Two goals directly due to him halving a 2 v 1 contest for Lonie and Billings..
Hodge mentioned with 3 minutes to go Ratts dropped Billings back to a 7 man defence to protect the 4 goal plus lead. Simple coaching, but still has to be done. G WS going into the 50 were very unsure and kept turning it over.

We go into the 4th qtr 29 up. Giants goalless and spirit broken.

Premiership qtr.
Should hang on surely?

I think Carlisle has to play our backline is better and more balanced with him in allows Coffield to do his thing
Kent out if Jones is fit
This for sure. Carlisle frees up Coff who is creative out of the backline. I think he's vital to the structure and set up of our corridor play. We look so much better with him in the side.

We really missed him against West Coast as Coff was always under pressure and as such there were lots of bombs which came back with interest.

He plays for sure with Kent unlucky. Sincs can take the Kent role and rotate in the middle if needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back