Autopsy Round 18, 2020: St.Kilda v GWS *MARSHALL 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I could have expected to get anymore out of Hanners then we did tonight.

13 touches in just over half a game. Used the footy well. Seemed calm under pressure, which is ridiculous after that long out of the game and not even a decent training run.

Astonishing really.
We couldn’t have hoped for better. Hanners get a game under his belt. Jones should be back. As close to a perfect night as possible.

Someone said Howard wouldn't be quick enough to go to Kennedy last week.

In two weeks he's out ran Liam Ryan in a 50m sprint and then ran straight past whoever that other cocko was tonight
He’s been excellent For the most part. I’ll back him on Mihocek, Cox or Naughton- depending on who he takes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leadership is about moments... And we've lamented the lack of on field leaders the past month but a couple of moments stick out to me.

Geary leaving his man on a GWS fast break to knock it our way and the chain resulted in a Butler goal. Enormous.

The game was crying out for someone to seize it in the 3rd QTR... Plenty put their hands up but Jack Billings had 6 possies, kicked a classy goal and then had a goal saving tackle on Coniglio up the other end.

Cometh the hour

Ross would be 0% chance of being dropped despite his two incredibly poor kicks to start the game.

Only one change if Jones is fit and you would think for Kent

I don't think I could have expected to get anymore out of Hanners then we did tonight.

13 touches in just over half a game. Used the footy well. Seemed calm under pressure, which is ridiculous after that long out of the game and not even a decent training run.

Astonishing really.

Agree 100%

The guy rarely wastes a pass. Elite hand pass and just picks a great option most of the time. Reckon he gives the rest of the team a lift just being there with his experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back