Preview Round 18, 2020: St.Kilda v GWS - Gabba, Friday 18th September, 7:50PM AEST *MARSHALL 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • Giants

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

D2D3

Club Legend
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Looks like Carlisle and hanners in

Going off jumper colour and nothing else isn't Hanners in red where most of our best 22 blokes are in yellow? idk all these short haired blonde blokes look similar to me in these haha.

Seeing Clark hanging around the midfielders a lot by the looks so that's also a plus.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Going off jumper colour and nothing else isn't Hanners in red where most of our best 22 blokes are in yellow? idk all these short haired blonde blokes look similar to me in these haha.

Seeing Clark hanging around the midfielders a lot by the looks so that's also a plus.
Some mids always wear the alternative colour to even the numbers.

And great to see Carlisle come back in. Common sense prevails.

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wow, Hannebery, Carlisle & Roberton would be a massive injection of experience.

It would, but with the exception of Snake, it's an experience of very little exposure. Not much point knowing what to do, and how to go about it, when you're standing flat footed at the beginning of the 3rd quarter with the other guys having to try and cover for you.

Last edited:
Sounds certain it’s Carlisle and hanners in. The obvious outs are hind and jones. Do they drop another small forward. Doubtful. Played at least 3 all year.

Happy with that.
Clark will have more midfield time one would assume.

I think most likely changes are Carlisle and Hanners out for Hind and Jones.

I think that might leave us a bit light on in the middle though with Hanners under done.
Hard to believe Kent can get a game after his last one, but most likely will

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco

He's been pretty good apart from that game, probably has enough points in the bank to deserve a second chance.

Hind on the other hand has run out of chances.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah, I get where your coming from, but at the same time i don't want us to lose all of our speed when it's been one of our strengths all year.

Jones and Hind out already.

I think Butler and Kent have an opportunity to get on top of the Giants with their pace.

He's been pretty good apart from that game, probably has enough points in the bank to deserve a second chance.

Hind on the other hand has run out of chances.
Disgree the game before he was very good in the 2nd half the 5 games before that he was ordinary

Yeah, I get where your coming from, but at the same time i don't want us to lose all of our speed when it's been one of our strengths all year.

Jones and Hind out already.

I think Butler and Kent have an opportunity to get on top of the Giants with their pace.
Do we need all 3 small forwards Lonie Butler & Kent playing

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
That single pic of Gresh was enough for me. He's fit, bring him in. ;)

Would be great to have him out there.

He looks a bit down in that photo, I'm sure he's gutted not to be playing in such a crucial game for us and playing in finals if we get there.

Had he not got injured we probably would have booked a finals place already, he would have made a difference in those close losses.

Would love Bytel to come in. I feel like his elite handball skills resemble Sam Mitchell so much, we need someone who can find those good handballs to our outer players like Billings and Hill.

In the games he played in, he did that very well. In our recent games, we had a lot of uncommon handball errors. He looks like the type of the player to lift to the occasion

I mean, he's really easy to like, but in the end, to make it in the AFL, you need a football skill.

I don't know if many of our players have a skill though to be honest. Even Marshall is a good general player but he's kind of an all rounder. Good at everything but not amazing at one thing. King is amazing at dropping marks but has an incredible amount of goals for player of his age and experience. Lonie has a skill playing for frees, Kent is sort of like football porridge, a little bit same consistency all the way through but not sure if it's appetising etc.

Only joking, I like all those guys but the point I'm making is that having one discernible skill would make most of our players useless in footy.

I'd almost have given Parker another go. He couldn't have done worse. Otherwise Mc Kenzie as a defensive forward on Whitfield. The guy can run.

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
Changes I'd make:

Out: Jones, Hind, Kent, Geary
In: Hannebery, Carlisle, Dunstan, Savage

B: Paton, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Coffield, Carlisle, Long
C: Hill, Steele, Billings