Game Day Round 18, 2020: St.Kilda v GWS *MARSHALL 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couldn't believe how many contested marks we couldn't hold in the WCE game- if we held half of those marks in general play, then we would have had a chance, add to that the two dumb 50m penalties we gave away.
We need a TEAM effort tonight- no slackers.

See I disagree with this. The players that need to lift for this game are below ad if they do, everyone follows suit.

Billings: Has been poor the last 6 week's overall. Looks to be playing bruise free footy and most impacting the game at all

Membrey: Has been out of form all year and really needs to step up. Has been our most dissapoiting forward

Ross: Not his biggest fan and this year just proves that. Besides playing maybe 5 decent games all year, has not had an impact on the ball as a vice captain should.

These 3 are in our leadership group and simply haven't turned up when the heat has been on. Can't go blaming players like Kent/Lonie/King when these guys need to be in our top 5 players week in week out. I can't remember the last time they even got close to being in the top 5 players in a game from our end.
Was thinking Members has probably got a good run not to get dropped or cop much flack. Love him, but has barely played a good game this season while Parker, Hind and Lonie have been on a merry go-round (Parker one that doesn't go around much) and get dropped after 1 or 2 bad to average games

I wonder at the effect on GWS of them knowing they can win this game and still be very unlikely to make the finals. On the one hand it might free them up a little, dangerously, on the other hand, they might not play with as much commitment as us, not chase up the one percenters etc. With a bit of dew at the Gabba, I would expect a lot of mistakes and a lowish scoring game.

Very confident about this game because the omens clearly say "Saints". The flock of bloody huge pelicans whose prime base is the river about 100 metres from where I live include Percy. He is the bird equivalent of a Russian Antonov and has a white body and mostly black wings. However his enormous beak/bill/scooper changes colour according to the seasons and is becoming redder by the day. A while ago he took off from floating and paddling around and flew, soaring up and up on his enormous wings proudly showing his Saintly colours to the world.

What portent states a Saints win more clearly than that??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no expectations so not in the least bit nervous.
Was more nervous v WCE, and we cocked that up, like we did v North Freo, Brisbane and Melbourne, four of those less than a goal.
We only have ourselves to blame. We win tonight, yipee, we lose, we deserve it.

I want to think we’ll win, but it just feels like so many other games where we needed to win and we just stink it up.

There’s got to be a first time when we don’t.....😬

I have no expectations so not in the least bit nervous.
Was more nervous v WCE, and we cocked that up, like we did v North Freo, Brisbane and Melbourne, four of those less than a goal.
We only have ourselves to blame. We win tonight, yipee, we lose, we deserve it.
Have to agree , i dont want to loose tonight and then limp into the finals with 1 win out of the last 5 games , that's not going to end well with our leadership , they need to win to get some confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back