Autopsy Round 18, 2020: St.Kilda v GWS *MARSHALL 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Kent's physical efforts earlier in the game did open it up for others- he faded, but should get another game. Hard to change a team that won one of our most important games in recent history. Jones might have to wait.
Jones is certain to play if fit. We are no where near good enough to leave him out.

I can’t believe Winx FINALLY got a free kick last night.

It only took the maggots the last quarter of the last game of the season to pay it.

He’s been molested all year. Once the umpires cotton on to the treatment he’s copping from defenders with the arm chopping, holding, and tunnelling (in pretty much every contest), we’ll get another 2 goals a week (at least) out of Max.

It has been criminal how the maggots have treated Max this year.

Steele is so like Lenny Hayes it's scary, just got the quiet humble guy thing down pat, no real party tricks just an absolute warrior. It will take other supporters a while to catch on but plays footy like you love it to be played. Hard, brutal but fair.

This!! Closest comparison between two players I have seen so far, and VERY accurate. Is like Lenny reincarnate - and that's from a guy with a 15 year old Saints jumper with the number 7 on the back!! Not flash, no Harlem globetrotters bullshit, just honest, brutal, reliable footy. His standout skill seems to be the ability to rise to the occasion ALL the time!! Does not freeze, always finds a way to get it done. And much like Lenny, the media are late to catch on and will largely leave him alone because he isn't a flashy highlights reel....

Carlisle had to play last night as he should have the week before I’m not sure has a match up against the pies.
I don't necessarily agree that you react too much to the opposition line up. There's no one on one match ups anymore like it was in yester year. It's about structure and how you set up defensively.

Maybe Ratts may exploit their lack of height up forward and use it to our advantage. And maybe he won t.

But to say it's about match ups and nothing else is a tad simplistic

This!! Closest comparison between two players I have seen so far, and VERY accurate. Is like Lenny reincarnate - and that's from a guy with a 15 year old Saints jumper with the number 7 on the back!! Not flash, no Harlem globetrotters bullshit, just honest, brutal, reliable footy. His standout skill seems to be the ability to rise to the occasion ALL the time!! Does not freeze, always finds a way to get it done. And much like Lenny, the media are late to catch on and will largely leave him alone because he isn't a flashy highlights reel....

Hopefully unlike Lenny he doesn't berate the umpires as i am hopeful come Brownlow night of causing an upset.

I don't necessarily agree that you react too much to the opposition line up as it is too reactive. There's no one on one match ups anymore like it was in yester year. It's about structure and how you set up .

Maybe Ratts may exploit their lack of height up forward and use it to our advantage. And maybe he won t.

But to say it's about match ups and nothing else is very narrow minded
I understand how backlines work but if there is no need to a tall then you are better with mediums. Rats has already shown he will drop Carlisle because of match ups so as much as it’s team defence you still have to account for talls and smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explain to me how the backline works
No. What I will say is our coach said Carlisle was dropped because there was no suitable match up. He said that not me. He didn’t say we play the same guys because it’s team defence Whilst it’s obvious there is now team defence you can still have match up issues. It’s not one or the other. Well not with rats anyway.

No. What I will say is our coach said Carlisle was dropped because there was no suitable match up. He said that not me. He didn’t say we play the same guys because it’s team defence Whilst it’s obvious there is now team defence you can still have match up issues. It’s not one or the other. Well not with rats anyway.
He also said it was probably a mistake he didn't play him. So what do you say about that?

I knew he could play I just couldn't see how he wouldn't stall Roma's progress. He's turned them into an incredible duo instead. The guy is quiet and humble off field but plays like a demon when there is something to play for. Port were nuts for letting him go and bringing Lycett in to play predominantly in the ruck. It's like replacing a magnum with a water pistol.
Exactly what I said when we got Ryder can’t believe Hinkley ditching him for Lycett. Just brain dead. Anyway it’s our good fortune so can’t complain

Three beers and nearly half a bottle of whisky, I feel like I have Parkinson's this morning.
17 vb craft stubbies for me

Jeez, I feel like there should be a few people going to AA at some stage.

I had nothing (!) to drink but still woke up with the mother of all headaches after the tension and watching the replay into the early hours, and reading every post on here.

I might as well just have had a drink or three after all. 😳

Haha isn't it still relevant? Does it matter what game it was? Look I know I won't a get a straight answer because you're set in your ways and you're always right.
I may not be right but if I’m not either is rats. He clearly said 5 weeks ago Carlisle Was dropped because there was no suitable match up and last week it was certainly an error because there was a suitable match up. Rats hasn’t once said it’s just all team defence. It is both as far as he is concerned. No idea why it’s only just team defence. And rats obviously doesn’t think that either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back