Autopsy Round 18, 2020: The Stratton and Poppy show dials down the Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Another random thought on the game. Had to laugh at Izak Rankine's theatrics after his goal. Finger-pointing and carrying on like his team had a ten goal lead and he had 5 of his own. I guess one shouldn't be too hard on a young guy with a bit of flair as it's probably what GC needs although if his career goes anywhere past history probably indicates it won't be with the Suns.🤔

I’ve seen nothing from Rankine in the last few weeks that has changed my mind he’s a dickhead. He seems quite a selfish player.

In the end it was a one off game that our coaching staff had more to win from sending off a few retiring guys.

My argument is simple why didn't they inspire the club to do the same during the year?

We smashed both Brisbane and Richmond (top 4 earlier) then fell in a heap that was at best embarrassing at worst your asking why don't the players believe in you anymore? Because they are almost not trying. So why the big discrepancy in effort?

Dunno myself, but it is a valid question to ask apart from Greaves and Day are we moving forward or moving backward? Another good question.

Clarko failed this year badly based on Carko in previous years. He's press conferences were not good and we'll leave that there. There was always a Dan Andrews excuse and he's never been like that previously.

Like I said above Greaves and Day give me hope, thought Finn should have played again too this week. But if anyone thinks today is our way forward they are kidding themselves remember GC17 by a loss today can still get bonus draft picks this year. Who knows how much Dew wanted to win.

In the end it was a one off game that our coaching staff had more to win from sending off a few retiring guys.

My argument is simple why didn't they inspire the club to do the same during the year?

We smashed both Brisbane and Richmond (top 4 earlier) then fell in a heap that was at best embarrassing at worst your asking why don't the players believe in you anymore? Because they are almost not trying. So why the big discrepancy in effort?

Dunno myself, but it is a valid question to ask apart from Greaves and Day are we moving forward or moving backward? Another good question.

Clarko failed this year badly based on Carko in previous years. He's press conferences were not good and we'll leave that there. There was always a Dan Andrews excuse and he's never been like that previously.

Like I said above Greaves and Day give me hope, thought Finn should have played again too this week. But if anyone thinks today is our way forward they are kidding themselves remember GC17 by a loss today can still get bonus draft picks this year. Who knows how much Dew wanted to win.
Spot on, our fwd line is still a joke. Hope Patton has a monster pre season. Finn would of played good against this rabble , shouldn’t of been dropped

I still think he might get the chop, considering lost sizes are falling but we obviously all saw what he might be capable of if we think he’s worth another year.

Fingers crossed for him.
Isn't he contracted?

I’ve seen nothing from Rankine in the last few weeks that has changed my mind he’s a dickhead. He seems quite a selfish player.

He’s got the sixth sense to be an outstanding player. Give him time. He reads it really well around packs. Love to have him and Wingard in one team. No idea what he’s like as a person. I still remember the crowd laughing at his superior antics during his u18 year. I didn’t like him playing for the 50 today, but you can tell he’ll be awesome one day

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on, our fwd line is still a joke. Hope Patton has a monster pre season. Finn would of played good against this rabble , shouldn’t of been dropped
Finn isn't ready was gifted a game last week. End of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright needs to search the country for a small forward or two this off-season. It will make a huge difference to the overall forward-line structure if he can bring in some small forwards that can support Patton, Lewis and Gunston.

North had a few youngsters who played this round who were delisted. I don’t think he’s safe, he was everywhere in the first half and is so much better up the field, isn’t a small forward. His kicking is way off AFL standard right now and with smaller lists I reckon he’s a real 50/50 to be on it next year.

I'm worried about this too. He had an okay game, a poor game and a spectacular game after returning to the side. I don't believe his papers would have been fully stamped before today, and in that case he may have saved himself. Would be pretty deflating for Dyl and the supporters if a young bloke can play like he did today and be cast aside, whilst (no doubt) we retain older players who are past their prime.

For example, if our list going into 2021 contains Scully and Henderson but not Moore, we have gone backwards.

Wright needs to search the country for a small forward or two this off-season. It will make a huge difference to the overall forward-line structure if he can bring in some small forwards that can support Patton, Lewis and Gunston.
Another poppy find would be handy 👀

I'm worried about this too. He had an okay game, a poor game and a spectacular game after returning to the side. I don't believe his papers would have been fully stamped before today, and in that case he may have saved himself. Would be pretty deflating for Dyl and the supporters if a young bloke can play like he did today and be cast aside, whilst (no doubt) we retain older players who are past their prime.

For example, if our list going into 2021 contains Scully and Henderson but not Moore, we have gone backwards.
Agree that we need to play youth but is Moore really going to be a key player moving forward, he played smart today to get to the right spots but his disposal is nowhere near where it needs to be. A number of times today he had time and space yet wasn’t close to hitting his target.
I’m being a bit ruthless I know but I don’t think he has “it”.

Another "Smear" maybe. About to win the SANFL goalkicking. Screenshot_20200920-184621_Samsung Internet.jpg

Agree that we need to play youth but is Moore really going to be a key player moving forward, he played smart today to get to the right spots but his disposal is nowhere near where it needs to be. A number of times today he had time and space yet wasn’t close to hitting his target.
I’m being a bit ruthless I know but I don’t think he has “it”.

Scully didn't play a game that good the entire season in a similar role.

Moore might not be a best 22 player for 22 games, but if he plays with the hunger that he did today he'll still be offering plenty for the next few seasons at a minimum. Scully can't have more than 2 years left if I'm being optimistic.

Scully didn't play a game that good the entire season in a similar role.

Moore might not be a best 22 player for 22 games, but if he plays with the hunger that he did today he'll still be offering plenty for the next few seasons at a minimum. Scully can't have more than 2 years left if I'm being optimistic.
I didn’t say Scully was the answer either, there within lies the problem.

we were due to play goldy at around week 8 this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back