Review Round 18, 2020 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I stupidly watched the after show comments and they spoke about Jonas and how he will probably not get AA, but would be in the convo.

How the * the best defender in the best defensive team and captain of the minor premiers doesn't get into the AA team I don't know!

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I stupidly watched the after show comments and they spoke about Jonas and how he will probably not get AA, but would be in the convo.

How the fu** the best defender in the best defensive team and captain of the minor premiers doesn't get into the AA team I don't know!
He went to the wrong school?

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

How the fu** the best defender in the best defensive team and captain of the minor premiers doesn't get into the AA team I don't know!
You know the answer.

Even in SA that spud Tex gets more mentions than JonaS.

Jonas has grown to be a strong captain and expects high standards from the team.
He has led well, and played well, along with our spiritual captain, Boak.

Hello Ports board...

I think this is funny, you guys are carrying on time you beat a flash favourite in tender finals conditions. Let's just take a step back... Coming in to this game Collingwoods form guide over the last 6 matches was 4-2. Sounds OK.

However, their wins were over 11th Carlton, 14th GC, 17th North and 18th Crows.

Their losses were to 9th Dees and 2nd Lions. Their form in the run home has been poor. They couldn't beat a contender nor could they beat wannabe contender. Admittedly they had injuries but nearly every team has.

Last night they certainly did try. Some say they threw the kitchen sink at your lot...not its one thing to pick up the sink and throw it and quite another to hit the intended target with it. Collingwood couldn't hit the side of a barn with anything at the moment. They are in terrible form. Your mob was far cleaner and more capable of taking its chances. The game was hardly finals like.

Collingwood finished 8th. Marginally above average. Last year Essendon finished 8th but no one thought the Bombers were any threat. They were just making up the numbers. As Collingwood are this year.

Let me state, I am not saying your team isn't good, I'm simply bemused by your carrying on as if you beat a legit threat playing at their best. They had 13 scoring shots and buggered up nearly every other chance they had with terrible decision making and turn overs and you beat them by less than 3 goals with them, to be fair running all over you in the last qtr.

If that was Hawthorn or Carlton you'd played you'd all probably have better perspective.

Righto, get on with the name calling and personal attacks because that's easier to do than look at reality.
What are you on about you idiot? Guessing you're one of those recent Richmond fans.

We've just won the Minor Premiership having been top all season, including beating your team. We are celebrating the season so far, not last nights game.

Our only real losses were to Geelong (after a big game and quick turnaround and travel) and Brisbane (who won almost as many as us on their own deck). St. Kilda will never again kick as straight as they did against us.

Hello Ports board...

I think this is funny, you guys are carrying on like you beat a flag favourite in tense finals conditions. Let's just take a step back... Coming in to this game Collingwoods form guide over the last 6 matches was 4-2. Sounds OK.

Their losses were to 9th Dees and 2nd Lions. Their form in the run home has been poor. They couldn't beat a contender nor could they beat wannabe contender. Admittedly they had injuries but nearly every team has.

Last night they certainly did try. Some say they threw the kitchen sink at your lot...not its one thing to pick up the sink and throw it and quite another to hit the intended target with it. Collingwood couldn't hit the side of a barn with anything at the moment. They are in terrible form. Your mob was far cleaner and more capable of taking its chances. The game was hardly finals like.

Collingwood finished 8th. Marginally above average. Last year Essendon finished 8th but no one thought the Bombers were any threat. They were just making up the numbers. As Collingwood are this year.

Let me state, I am not saying your team isn't good, I'm simply bemused by your carrying on as if you beat a legit threat playing at their best. They had 13 scoring shots and buggered up nearly every other chance they had with terrible decision making and turn overs and you beat them by less than 3 goals with them, to be fair running all over you in the last qtr.

If that was Hawthorn or Carlton you'd played you'd all probably have better perspective.

Righto, get on with the name calling and personal attacks because that's easier to do than look at reality.

tl;dr. Nobody cares about your opinion m8

P.S. when your team played Collingwood they only managed 5 goals for the entire game

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hello Ports board...

I think this is funny, you guys are carrying on like you beat a flag favourite in tense finals conditions. Let's just take a step back... Coming in to this game Collingwoods form guide over the last 6 matches was 4-2. Sounds OK.

Stopped reading at "I think its funny"

I think its funny that you think your opinion carries any weight whatsoever and that we would want to waste our time reading it.

Hasn't school started? Run along.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate, why do you even care about the minor premiership. That is just bizarre. It doesn't mean anything other than home ground advantage in the finals which is its real value. Do you think Geelong supporters are still feeling warm inside about finishing on top of the ladder at the end of the H&A last year?
What part of winning more games than everyone else up to now can't you understand? Only this season counts for anything.

Bizzare.

You should change your username to RichmondFanSince2017

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hello Ports board...

I think this is funny, you guys are carrying on like you beat a flag favourite in tense finals conditions.

Lol. No we're not. Literally nobody has done this, if you disagree please point me to one single post showing anything along these lines.

Let me state, I am not saying your team isn't good, I'm simply bemused by your carrying on as if you beat a legit threat playing at their best.

Any evidence of this? Anywhere? Because again, no.

They had 13 scoring shots and buggered up nearly every other chance they had with terrible decision making and turn overs and you beat them by less than 3 goals with them, to be fair running all over you in the last qtr.

Kicked their first 6 goals straight.

Tried to get through the rest of your post but it mostly felt like a jumbled nonsense so perhaps you might like a similar post to read. So there was this one time, I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days.

So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I?

Oh, yeah — the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

EskimoPAFC

Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Spot on and Richmond were terrible thereafter took they got sorted.

By the same logic who then cares about your opinion

We all care about his opinion. Because he is a Port supporter, posting stuff about Port, on a Port board.

If I went to the Richmond board and posted 10 paragraph posts about how the Richmond game against Adelaide was missing a third quarter effort because back in 2010 Collingwood also played well in the third quarter against Hawthorn in round 15 but the Hawthorn team of 2000 would have failed against that same team so Richmond shouldn't celebrate winning the 2008 flag do you think anybody on the Richmond board would care?

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Hello Ports board...

Thanks for smacking the crows last week and handing them wooden spoon. Very much appreciated by all Port supporters.

Are you new to footy?????

Would you rather the flag or the minor Premiership?

How many Premiers in the last decade finished the H&A on top of the ladder?

To be fair, if it really means something to you then congratulations on the accomplishment but it isn't what the competition is about. The H&A rounds are to sort out form and order of the top 4 and top 8 for a tilt at the flag. The flag is the prize.

I will certainly take a step back and acknowledge that you're mob haven't performed so well under Hinkley after that great year you went close against the Hawks so having so many wins is a huge thing for a club coming from that history. I get it my mob has had it worse than yours and for a lot longer so my apologies if its about enjoying having a winning season.

But the reality of the comp is Premierships.

What the * is this nonsense? StrawmanRichmondFanSince2017.

EskimoPAFC

Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Quoting the original Port Adelaide club song is cool but kind of irrelevant but in curious. Was this sung to the same tune at the one you've got now?

At the end did you yell "onions!" whereas now you yell "power!"

To be fair the emphasis back then came in the "onions to win, onions to rule" part of the song.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hello Ports board...

Lol WHY are YOU here?

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Are you new to footy?????

Would you rather the flag or the minor Premiership?

How many Premiers in the last decade finished the H&A on top of the ladder?

To be fair, if it really means something to you then congratulations on the accomplishment but it isn't what the competition is about. The H&A rounds are to sort out form and order of the top 4 and top 8 for a tilt at the flag. The flag is the prize.

I will certainly take a step back and acknowledge that you're mob haven't performed so well under Hinkley after that great year you went close against the Hawks so having so many wins is a huge thing for a club coming from that history. I get it my mob has had it worse than yours and for a lot longer so my apologies if its about enjoying having a winning season.

But the reality of the comp is Premierships.
Stop being so snarky and go home

Can't I be here and discuss footy? If we were out at a pub and met, we'd talk footy happily. How is this any different. I'd be saying the same things but none of it is said with malice. Blimey.
Hahaha, if we were at a pub in the Port you'd be in an ambulance by now for acting a utensil!

Back