Review Round 18, 2020 vs Collingwood

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hello Ports board...

I think this is funny, you guys are carrying on like you beat a flag favourite in tense finals conditions. Let's just take a step back... Coming in to this game Collingwoods form guide over the last 6 matches was 4-2. Sounds OK.

However, their wins were over 11th Carlton, 14th GC, 17th North and 18th Crows.

Their losses were to 9th Dees and 2nd Lions. Their form in the run home has been poor. They couldn't beat a contender nor could they beat wannabe contender. Admittedly they had injuries but nearly every team has.

Last night they certainly did try. Some say they threw the kitchen sink at your lot...not its one thing to pick up the sink and throw it and quite another to hit the intended target with it. Collingwood couldn't hit the side of a barn with anything at the moment. They are in terrible form. Your mob was far cleaner and more capable of taking its chances. The game was hardly finals like.

Collingwood finished 8th. Marginally above average. Last year Essendon finished 8th but no one thought the Bombers were any threat. They were just making up the numbers. As Collingwood are this year.

Let me state, I am not saying your team isn't good, I'm simply bemused by your carrying on as if you beat a legit threat playing at their best. They had 13 scoring shots and buggered up nearly every other chance they had with terrible decision making and turn overs and you beat them by less than 3 goals with them, to be fair running all over you in the last qtr.

If that was Hawthorn or Carlton you'd played you'd all probably have better perspective.

Righto, get on with the name calling and personal attacks because that's easier to do than look at reality.

looking 4ward to booting u out of finals like australia booted out dusty's dad lol

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can't I be here and discuss footy? If we were out at a pub and met, we'd talk footy happily. How is this any different. I'd be saying the same things but none of it is said with malice. Blimey.
I guess every week we win or lose we get some numpty from the oppo board telling us we’re not that good.

We know we haven’t won any finals yet, we know the Wobbles aren’t the best team in the comp but they had EVERYTHING to play for at their new home ground, the Gabba, and we didn’t.

And for your information, we are actually the toughest on our club of any supporter base so we don’t need you telling us not t to get ahead of ourselves, we aren’t, but things are looking better going into the future than they have for years.

This is our board and we are enjoying the moment so show some respect or just piss off.

( by the way, thanks for 2017)

Incarnate

Premiership Player
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mate, I remember you guys bum prodding and utensil slapping each other over winning a effn Coleman medal not too long ago.

I genuinely feel sorry for you that in a year of sheer misery and global mayhem that you, a Richmond supporter, can’t muster any form of empathy towards fellow football supporters finding enjoyment in their teams success no matter how trivial it may seem.

Congratulations on 17’ and 19’, I’m glad that you had finally seen some success after 40 years of being a complete s**t show and I truely hope your salty disposition smoulders on like the dumpster fire your club has been for so long.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah, I'm sorry, you're right, I just imagined him handballing team mates into trouble, missing straightforward kicks and pulling off remarkable double fisted goal assists for the oppo.

Smash him all you want for the missed spoil Clanger but the rest of this is bullshit

When was he had balling teammates into trouble?

The useless panic handballs were very common last night, especially through the midfield. Bonner wasn’t a culprit and there’s a tonne of players you need to go after before him for them.

Youre blindly attributing team errors to bonner when then one big error is enough of you want to smash him.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can't I be here and discuss footy? If we were out at a pub and met, we'd talk footy happily. How is this any different. I'd be saying the same things but none of it is said with malice. Blimey.

Hahaha. If you started talking that bullshit to a Port fan about footy in a pub they would either call you a campaigner and walk off or punch you in the nose.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah come on, that's because you are reading my tone the way you think I am intending it. If we met I'm sure we'd both be relieved to have another footy die hard to yap to. Furthermore, blokes got to find better ways than violence when they come across a different opinion.

And this is why entitled twats like you think people care about your opinions.

No doubt you will now run back to the Tiggers board and whine how mean we were to you.

Hahaha. If you started talking that bullshit to a Port fan about footy in a pub they would either call you a campaigner and walk off or punch you in the nose.

I once went to a pub in Richmond and yelled out "Francis Bourke was weak as piss and Royce Hart was a bog average" in the front bar.

Nobody even looked up as Richmond fans don't live there anymore.

jakey

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Thankyou for acknowledging that I am "entitled". I appreciate it. Now then, please run along and gather the others together so that we can sing endless renditions of Ports original club song...

Clear your throats lads...

So I tied an onion to my belt,
which was the style at the time...
Troll + desperately unfunny is a sad combo m8

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Thankyou for acknowledging that I am "entitled". I appreciate it. Now then, please run along and gather the others together so that we can sing endless renditions of Ports original club song...

Clear your throats lads...

So I tied an onion to my belt,
which was the style at the time...

Don't make me post this:

tenor.gif

Jason K

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
Henley Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah come on, that's because you are reading my tone the way you think I am intending it. If we met I'm sure we'd both be relieved to have another footy die hard to yap to. Furthermore, blokes got to find better ways than violence when they come across a different opinion.

Isolation has ****ed you up mate. Just piss off, your acting a complete twat.

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shout outs to T Mac. Don't need to rely on having a 195cm+ defender to play on Cox when Trent played him so intelligently. Forced Cox to run under the ball or be in weird positions to compete by completely cleanly body spoiling him. Knocked the ball to ground and the big yank had absoloutly no clue what to do after that and no impact ground level.

Trent also doesnt drink his own bath water and go for 60m excuse the pun cannons every kick. He lowers his eyes and really penetrates to hit up short targets regularly.

He is our most improved by far. From an injured, potential delistee playing 1 game last year to solidifying his importance and probably one of the first picked in our back 6. Yes Powell Pepper and DBJ have also had amazing years but they were always a rung above

Lace Out's highlights package videos. He does such a good job, the broadcasters will probably shut him down.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I still can't believe a 191cm defender held a 211cm forward goalless

(Only 22kg between them too)

I particularly liked it when Cox ran straight into McKenzie in the goal square whilst facing the opposite direction to the play and not looking at the ball and then proceeded to remonstrate with the umps for the next two minutes over the free

JohnHinckleyJr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls Man Utd
Shout outs to T Mac. Don't need to rely on having a 195cm+ defender to play on Cox when Trent played him so intelligently. Forced Cox to run under the ball or be in weird positions to compete by completely cleanly body spoiling him. Knocked the ball to ground and the big yank had absoloutly no clue what to do after that and no impact ground level.

Trent also doesnt drink his own bath water and go for 60m excuse the pun cannons every kick. He lowers his eyes and really penetrates to hit up short targets regularly.

He is our most improved by far. From an injured, potential delistee playing 1 game last year to solidifying his importance and probably one of the first picked in our back 6. Yes Powell Pepper and DBJ have also had amazing years but they were always a rung above
I'd love to see him sink the boot abit more tbh we have open players up he tends to chip it .
Hopefully as he gets more confident he will unload a couple of times

mynameissilver

All Australian
Aug 10, 2017
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd love to see him sink the boot abit more tbh we have open players up he tends to chip it .
Hopefully as he gets more confident he will unload a couple of times
45 seconds to go in the GF. We are 3 points down. All the oppo players have flooded their forward area to keep the ball in. McKenzie runs on to loose ball at half back.
Belts it with all his might. Brucey be like it's bouncing,bouncing,bouncing . It's a GOAL!!!
Well that was a dream I had.

Lace Out's highlights package videos. He does such a good job, the broadcasters will probably shut him down.

Those screen shots look like some weird memery that Doctor Feel would post in the random thread.

Back