Autopsy Round 18, 2021: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

And wasn't Roo annoyed ?

Don’t blame him.
Especially as he’s got Mr Smirky Lyon sitting there next to him also taking potshots.
As I mentioned previously, it’s a little like I’m allowed to criticise my family but you’re not.

Don’t blame him.
Especially as he’s got Mr Smirky Lyon sitting there next to him also taking potshots.
As I mentioned previously, it’s a little like I’m allowed to criticise my family but you’re not.
Although Garry just gave Crouch a very good pump up

And even then, their numbers are very very similar this year. Only difference is Ben has kicked straight. Max has not.

So we are hardly ruining his development in comparison to how Ben is played like it has been alleged many times.

Yep, noticed that myself. I think Ben (up to a week or so ago) has had 7 more scoring shots or something.
Max hasn't been a highlight reel this year, but unlike last year, he has had games where he's really dominated in patches. There has been progress. We really do need another focal point to help him out though. I know Paddy and Marshall chip in, but we need another proper goal threat.

Gee I really hope Bassett is still going hard on the review

Yeah; he’s flat out

2lLJNdC.jpg

Yep, noticed that myself. I think Ben (up to a week or so ago) has had 7 more scoring shots or something.
Max hasn't been a highlight reel this year, but unlike last year, he has had games where he's really dominated in patches. There has been progress. We really do need another focal point to help him out though. I know Paddy and Marshall chip in, but we need another proper goal threat.
The extra goal threat needs to be the small forwards hitting the scoreboard. 1 goal from 3 of them isnt going to win us games.

Very disappointing result in a game we should be winning.

Loved seeing Highmore and Leo using the corridor and opening the game up. Can’t say the same for Bradley and Webster late in the game. We will miss Highmore next week. Coffield will have his work cut out for him to fill his shoes.

Our small forwards are inconsistent. Butlers ball use is below average and we need to play him close to goal. He and Membrey seem to blow scoring opportunities at will when playing high. An elite ball using half forward is needed from the draft or trade period.

Very disappointing result in a game we should be winning.

Loved seeing Highmore and Leo using the corridor and opening the game up. Can’t say the same for Bradley and Webster late in the game. We will miss Highmore next week. Coffield will have his work cut out for him to fill his shoes.

Our small forwards are inconsistent. Butlers ball use is below average and we need to play him close to goal. He and Membrey seem to blow scoring opportunities at will when playing high. An elite ball using half forward is needed from the draft or trade period.
We have got one and he is called Gresham, but all the so called experts and gutless coaches want to put him in the midfield where is not going to do any real damage . He is certainly not going to rack up big midfield numbers thats for sure. Is he going to get 10,15,20 contested possessions, I think not. A poster said that our 2nd biggest scoring threat besides King is our small forwards but thats not happening either. Cant see Long ever kicking 5 in a game, Butler is not just doing it. Higgins is crook and we are missing his ability to take some marks in the forward line and get enough disposals to make a difference. Who knows what the answer is but we have a shedful of coaches and support staff paid to fix these problems.

We have got one and he is called Gresham, but all the so called experts and gutless coaches want to put him in the midfield where is not going to do any real damage . He is certainly not going to rack up big midfield numbers thats for sure. Is he going to get 10,15,20 contested possessions, I think not. A poster said that our 2nd biggest scoring threat besides King is our small forwards but thats not happening either. Cant see Long ever kicking 5 in a game, Butler is not just doing it. Higgins is crook and we are missing his ability to take some marks in the forward line and get enough disposals to make a difference. Who knows what the answer is but we have a shedful of coaches and support staff paid to fix these problems.

I'm getting convince by the day you actually don't watch st kilda play

Jade Gresham
Round 2 vs essendon 2021
29 disposals, 10 contested, 1 goal, 6 score involvements

Round 1 vs GWS
28 disposals, 6 contested, 5 score involvements.

This also goes along with the 15 other times he's had 25+ disposals.

When you have Steele, Jones and crouch getting plenty of contested ball, you don't need someone else getting mass contested disposals. His evasive skills are excellent and were used to great effect vs GWS. Between the middle and resting forward is exactly where we need him.

But I suppose Gary ablett jnr was just a small forward because that's where he started.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon my ignorance but is that review finished, still going- ready for some type of report, whatever?

It will be ongoing until seasons end I would imagine. Not going to release people from contracts now with no one to replace them

I'm getting convince by the day you actually don't watch st kilda play

Jade Gresham
Round 2 vs essendon 2021
29 disposals, 10 contested, 1 goal, 6 score involvements

Round 1 vs GWS
28 disposals, 6 contested, 5 score involvements.

This also goes along with the 15 other times he's had 25+ disposals.

When you have Steele, Jones and crouch getting plenty of contested ball, you don't need someone else getting mass contested disposals. His evasive skills are excellent and were used to great effect vs GWS. Between the middle and resting forward is exactly where we need him.

But I suppose Gary ablett jnr was just a small forward because that's where he started.....
Your really are dreaming if you are comparing those two. Once again people in denial and overating our players so that we think they are superstars when they are not. Why do you think Greshs kicks are floaters and he is being pushed onto his wrong side etc. Its mainly because those evasive skills dont really work in the midfield and especially not someone like Gresh compared to other good midfielders in the game. He has been in the middle for 3 years and averages about 20 D a game. Might see most midfielders like Ablett, Walsh, Bont, Bartel, dangerfield etc start forward early in their careers. Get back to me when he is in their league then . I did a lengthy post on Gresh or maybe 2 and where he should play and I am not going through it again.

Your really are dreaming if you are comparing those two. Once again people in denial and overating our players so that we think they are superstars when they are not. Why do you think Greshs kicks are floaters and he is being pushed onto his wrong side etc. Its mainly because those evasive skills dont really work in the midfield and especially not someone like Gresh compared to other good midfielders in the game. He has been in the middle for 3 years and averages about 20 D a game. Might see most midfielders like Ablett, Walsh, Bont, Bartel, dangerfield etc start forward early in their careers. Get back to me when he is in their league then . I did a lengthy post on Gresh or maybe 2 and where he should play and I am not going through it again.
Seen some absolute quality kicks from Gresh as well, remember one where he snagged King off an acute angle. But that's OK, let's focus on the negatives as usual. A floater here or there, get back to me when Bontempelli, Macrae, Walsh, Cripps, Dangerfield, Martin and Co pin point every single kick onto a tit of a forward. Because that's not an everytime guarantee either. In fact I've seen many hack kicks by all of them into the forward 50.

As been stated by Ryder, Gresham is the best reader of taps in the team by a county mile. Thats why he's in the midfield and resting forward.

Seen some absolute quality kicks from Gresh as well, remember one where he snagged King off an acute angle. But that's OK, let's focus on the negatives as usual. A floater here or there, get back to me when Bontempelli, Macrae, Walsh, Cripps, Dangerfield, Martin and Co pin point every single kick onto a tit of a forward. Because that's not an everytime guarantee either. In fact I've seen many hack kicks by all of them into the forward 50.

As been stated by Ryder, Gresham is the best reader of taps in the team by a county mile. Thats why he's in the midfield and resting forward.
Dont hang your hat on one kick. Like I said , dont compare Gresh to Ablett and dont compare him to those midfielders you mentioned above. Those guys are the best in the league. He is of more value to the club as a forward.

Dont hang your hat on one kick. Like I said , dont compare Gresh to Ablett and dont compare him to those midfielders you mentioned above. Those guys are the best in the league. He is of more value to the club as a forward.

You compared him to ablett...I said you pigeon holed him.

I'm also not hanging my hat on one moment, there have been plenty of moments but you are negatively geared to only pick out the floaters.

I can compare Gresham to any midfielder I want, I watch enough footy from all games to make those assumptions and I stand by them. Gresham will be a very good midfielder for the St Kilda footy club, funny thing is that it's not just me who see it. People in AFL circles much more learned than I see it as well.

But you keep slinging the negative narratives....its good for a laugh

You compared him to ablett...I said you pigeon holed him.

I'm also not hanging my hat on one moment, there have been plenty of moments but you are negatively geared to only pick out the floaters.

I can compare Gresham to any midfielder I want, I watch enough footy from all games to make those assumptions and I stand by them. Gresham will be a very good midfielder for the St Kilda footy club, funny thing is that it's not just me who see it. People in AFL circles much more learned than I see it as well.

But you keep slinging the negative narratives....its good for a laugh
Aah another one who plays the "negative" card, see that quite a bit on here , as if it is a stock answer when someone gives different and usually a better opinion that yours. But hey, keep it up. When I see that I know that my reasoning is much better than yours.

Too answer your first point - In a democracy, The law should police them. What we have now is too much power in the hands of too few mega wealthy business people who's overiding aim is to make money.. BTW. drink driving didnt stop because of social pressure. Its stopped because of new laws - from fines, licence cancellation to jail time, culpable driving etc etc. Can you imagine a solution where we asked the families of drunk driver victims to just ignore the drunk drivers, dont take any notice of them, switch off and dont drive etc.

One might equally ask the question, what gave rise to the law changes regarding the drink driving etc you refer too! I would would say perception changed! What changed that perception that laws were needed to combat the drink driving death correlation? The perception by the bulk of people that give consent and legitimacy to the the law makers without which the law makers and enforcers could not operate effectively in a democracy, as you say! The perception changed due to the people being effected by the number of deaths. They too became unacceptable!

So my hope and conviction remains more valid than ever, that the collective will of ordinary people, affirming their absolute disgust and intolerance to these morons expressions of racist views and insults, builds to such a crescendo that it will find solutions at various levels throughout the entire community,,,socially , politically, legally and in all avenues of our lives.. My thoughts do not run in contradiction to your own. It is just a fuller understanding i believe.
The greatest truth is that by virtue of the fact that these conversations are being undertaken we are visibly progressing...perhaps not quick enough for those offended. The SAINTS coming out with their statement of intolerance regarding these racist attacks is just more evidence of that crescendo getting louder. In itself it does little but it certainly was the right thing to do. Changes in laws may indeed be the solution but in order for that to happen the will of the people must be felt. Then we we will have a measure of consent to make appropriate laws that are legitimate.

When this happens as it seems to be developing toward that end, it will be a minefield of huge proportions. Obviously because evil will always use good foundation blocks such as the concept of free speech, to continue its self serving march against anything that serves to create peace, respect and love, the climate in which all things flourish.

Last edited:
Aah another one who plays the "negative" card, see that quite a bit on here , as if it is a stock answer when someone gives different and usually a better opinion that yours. But hey, keep it up. When I see that I know that my reasoning is much better than yours.

It's because you only point out the negatives...at no point have you pointed out the positives....at all. That would make it negatively geared.

I would have thought that was pretty self explanatory. Thus it being negatively geared....

I also fail to see how your opinion is any "better" than anyone else's....arrogant much?!

It's because you only point out the negatives...at not point have you pointed out the positives....at all. That would make it negatively geared.

I would have thought that was pretty self explanatory. Thus it being negative geared....

I also fail to see how your opinion is any "better" than anyone else's....arrogant much?!
You dont need to explain yourself. Keep playing that "negative " card. Its the only way you know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back