Autopsy Round 18, 2021: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a BigFooty knock out tournament of debating so we can crown one person the masterbater once and for all
Pre Tournament training has already commenced 👍🏻

Q6DejSn.gif

I guess we see where we sit next year... who's in... who's gone etc.

I see Gresh more forward with some midfield time. If it's the other way round i can see merit to that. He can look really good as a mid.

But for me, we really need to fix our issues in the forward line. Gresh is damn good small forward.

If Jones can hold up and we move Clark into the midfield full time, I think that's a good mix of grunt, pace and silk.
Yeah that’s the thing. Gresh is obviously a good mid and a good forward, but he’s unlike any other on our list in his ability to provide a point of difference and a bit of X-Factor in our forward line.
We should have enough quality rotating through our midfield next year, so I think Gresh is better suited playing that Robbie Gray, Dusty type roll 80/20 Fwd/mid where he goes in to pinch hit in the middle or help get on top if we’re struggling in the middle

Good to see Woodcock recovered from his corky that he got subbed off for last week.

The "injury" sub rule is just a joke. Why not just make it a sub that everyone can use? Port clearly took the piss with that sub.

Stupid rule always going to be open to abuse. Either make it purely concussion where the player cannot play the next week, no question, or make it a general sub anytime.

Personally, I think just the former. We’ve already got four players on the bench, and remember how the players hated sitting in a green vest wasting time waiting for a game.

Last edited:
Stupid always going to be open to abuse. Either make it purely concussion where the player cannot play the next week, no question, or make it a general sub anytime.

Personally, I think just the former. We’ve already got four players on the bench, and remember how the players hated sitting in a green vest wasting time waiting for a game.
Obviously we need to protect the head and take concussion seriously, but making it only for concussions just seems unfair.

If one clubs loses a player in the first quarter with a broken leg and the other loses a player to concussion in the 3rd quarter, why should one get to bring on a fresh, 23rd player and the other have to play with 21 players.

Both are serious injuries where the player affected cant retake the field, so why should only 1 get replaced.

Obviously we need to protect the head and take concussion seriously, but making it only for concussions just seems unfair.

If one clubs loses a player in the first quarter with a broken leg and the other loses a player to concussion in the 3rd quarter, why should one get to bring on a fresh, 23rd player and the other have to play with 21 players.

Both are serious injuries where the player affected cant retake the field, so why should only 1 get replaced.

Good point.
But nothing about this game is fair, not the fixture, free kicks etc etc.
Look at how many teams (example us) have had so many injuries this year, and others very few.
I think in many ways it’s really survival of the fittest.
Often when you see teams lose one or even two players they still rally and win.
Not sure you can ever make it fair, but that’s sport.

Maybe it’s just no subs at all, go back just to the interchange bench only they way we used to.

Very disappointing result in a game we should be winning.

Loved seeing Highmore and Leo using the corridor and opening the game up. Can’t say the same for Bradley and Webster late in the game. We will miss Highmore next week. Coffield will have his work cut out for him to fill his shoes.

Our small forwards are inconsistent. Butlers ball use is below average and we need to play him close to goal. He and Membrey seem to blow scoring opportunities at will when playing high. An elite ball using half forward is needed from the draft or trade period.

Isn't that meant to be Billings? Oh, wait...

He kicks the ball well but doesn’t use his skill set bravely to be that player. Billings uses the ball in a straight line when we need someone who can change the angle of our entries.

Yep you've proven my (sarcastically made) point. He needs to be daring and he takes the percentage option far too much for a player of his ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back