Preview Round 18, 2021 vs St Kilda @ Marvel Stadium, 17/7/21. (Now 1.15pm SA TIME)

Remove this Banner Ad

lol? You’ve played 8 games at your home ground against teams that play there maybe twice a year. We play in Melbourne against other Melbourne teams, no home ground advantage.
Calm down 😂
If your fans actually showed up, you would have a home ground advantage. I would take the travelling 5 times out of 22 games advantage over travelling every second week all day everyday. That advantage is out of this world, the fact you can't see it shows how delusional you are.

I can absolutely understand that, plenty of Port fans just want the game to be at Adelaide oval though.
Yes maybe - it’s not a ‘fair’ option but nothing is right at the moment. Alice Springs would have been a nice choice. Good conditions.

with the team we’ve got in and the way Hinkley is coaching, it doesn’t matter where it is played- we are not matching st kilda’s pressure game. Ken’s more of a downhill kind of guy.

Only 7/17 games last year were at home.

Yeah but what you don't realise is the advantage of sleeping in your own bed, well evidenced by two Victorian hub teams qualifying for the first all Victorian grand final in 9 years.

Going in so tall up front requires some smarter positioning really need Dixon, Marshall, Georgie to move and lead. When Ladhams is there he will hang out back, play from behind and not provide a marking option unless by accident (if he can hold one) I guess he may get a Josh the Goose moment or two.

Going in so tall up front requires some smarter positioning really need Dixon, Marshall, Georgie to move and lead. When Ladhams is there he will hang out back, play from behind and not provide a marking option unless by accident (if he can hold one) I guess he may get a Josh the Goose moment or two.

The talls we could get away with but Bassett and hinkley coaching them means just dumb entries and no forward pressure

Same as Kangaroo fans, they see us as the club that should be booted out before they are.

Well, they WISH.
not at all, we're more alike than many want to admit, we feel the need to defend our club against the constant criticism.

Don't think there's 1 Saints Supporter that would wish Port to leave the AFL, you have a long and proud history, ours no so proud but we've been here a long long time.

all we would like is to NOT play Port in Adelaide for a change

Delayed due to the broadcasters needing to swap maybe? It'd be easier for 7 to take the Melbourne v Hawks game that's at 4pm and move it to prime time rather than the one on the Gold Coast. Assuming Port can still get home after playing at 4pm that makes more sense than the 1.15 time slot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not at all, we're more alike than many want to admit, we feel the need to defend our club against the constant criticism.

Don't think there's 1 Saints Supporter that would wish Port to leave the AFL, you have a long and proud history, ours no so proud but we've been here a long long time.

all we would like is to NOT play Port in Adelaide for a change
I'd be willing to play St Kilda in Victoria for 5+ years straight, as long as it's not a state in lockdown.

I'd be willing to play St Kilda in Victoria for 5+ years straight, as long as it's not a state in lockdown.

This is exactly it. It's not the playing in Melbourne by itself that is the issue, it's going into a Covid hotspot when there is no need to do so.

I think you’ve also missed the point. There is 2 other games being played in Melbourne.
Some port supporters whinging about being guinea pigs yet you have a s*** ton more home games than most teams last year.

Also Gil is a Saints supporter after all...
s**t tonne hey? St Kilda played 5 games in Melbourne. Port played 7 games in Adelaide.

2 more thats a s**t tonne hey? In 2019 St Kilda played 14 games in Melbourne compared to Port playing 12 games in Adelaide. So what you're saying is that just about every year, St Kilda get to sleep in their own beds a s**t ton more that Port do?

Surely the clubs would know now? Why the hold up in making the announcement?
I dount they do.

They would be still trying to negotiate with SA health.

Imagine the AFL trying to explain to AFL illiterate Nicola why Port have to fly to Melbourne and back and why she should make an exception for them....

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is exactly it. It's not the playing in Melbourne by itself that is the issue, it's going into a Covid hotspot when there is no need to do so.
I totally get why you guys want the game moved. I would want the same. Covid throws up opportunities to get an advantage at various times, and when you're fighting for the top 4 (or top 8 in our case) you take what you can get. We got one last week when our Brisbane game was shifted from the Gabba to Carrara.

But let's be real about the risk. There are about 20 cases in Victoria and the state is in full lockdown. Melbourne is probably in the top 10 safest cities in the world you could travel to right now, especially in the conditions the players will do it. Albeit, Adelaide would be in the top 5.

I totally get why you guys want the game moved. I would want the same. Covid throws up opportunities to get an advantage at various times, and when you're fighting for the top 4 (or top 8 in our case) you take what you can get. We got one last week when our Brisbane game was shifted from the Gabba to Carrara.

But let's be real about the risk. There are about 20 cases in Victoria and the state is in full lockdown. Melbourne is probably in the top 10 safest cities in the world you could travel to right now, especially in the conditions the players will do it. Albeit, Adelaide would be in the top 5.
  • 24 active cases, increase of 10 from yesterday
  • Over 3,000 primary contacts
  • 126 exposure sites
You are of course entitled to your opinion, but mine is that the AFL are being negligent in requiring a club to travel from a state with little or no covid to a state under lockdown from it.

I'd have the same opinion if it wasn't my club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back