Review Round 18, 2021 vs St Kilda

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I haven't watched the game really closely but I thought on first look Frederick was playing a shutdown role on Hill. Seemed to follow him around the ground and played some forward and some back.

Seemed to not do a great job. For a guy who is supposed to have some zip seems to be always trailing his opponent and although Hill is pretty quick Fred never was close to catching him. Hill had one of his better games for the season.

He's SANFL standard but that's OK, we have players coming back.

I haven't watched the game really closely but I thought on first look Frederick was playing a shutdown role on Hill. Seemed to follow him around the ground and played some forward and some back.

Seemed to not do a great job. For a guy who is supposed to have some zip seems to be always trailing his opponent and although Hill is pretty quick Fred never was close to catching him. Hill had one of his better games for the season.

He looks very timid out there, doesnt want to get hurt.

The missed tackle i’d be annoyed if my 9yo had that effort

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The St Kilda game tells me that:
Woodcock worthwhile investing in.
I don’t know what to make of Frederick.
Bonner needs to be consistently playing like this game.
Mayes is better than perception and is a forward and can be an alternative weapon when the focus is around Dixon and Georgiades.
Marshall does have potential to turn into a valuable utility.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Allir Allir needs some time at the Magpies, without the ability to play lose man in defence he struggles. I thought Marshall looked okay down back for the brief times he was down there.
Would like to see Marshall spend more time there to see if he can become a lockdown defender as he isn't going to make it as a forward imo. It may force him to be more competitive. Allir clearly isn't the tall lockdown defender we badly need but as a tall rebounding defender he is valuable.

Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Spot on. If you are going to do fu** all for 90% of the game you better take the moment when it comes to you, and he stuffed his up. Fortunately he had another opportunity shortly after.

He's kicked 7 goals 19 behinds in the sanfl across his two years playing, I think we can say conclusively he is not a very good set shot.
Would like to see Marshall spend more time there to see if he can become a lockdown defender as he isn't going to make it as a forward imo. It may force him to be more competitive. Allir clearly isn't the tall lockdown defender we badly need but as a tall rebounding defender he is valuable.
Actually think Marshall has the attributes to be a key CHB and is a smart player.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Just setting him up for the 2nd offense come finals.

That was a second offence apparently, which is why the fine was $5k down to $3k with an early plea. It's all good though though - Lynch had about 3 or 4 offences last year or 2019 before he got suspended - if he even did get suspended.

Back