Review Round 18, 2021 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I'm not the only one that was confused about the commentary talking about McKenzie getting subbed only for Trent McKenzie to then take a mark in defence.

Yeah, it would be easier if they just referred to him as the Dulmial Gun.

You never knock back the four points but geeeez that was hard to watch.
Mitch G will be on other clubs radar we have to hold on to this guy!
He's just signed a contract extension (as have just about all our young talent).

Dixon - The best 6 possession game ever? According to Eddie, it was, and to the eye it was also a far more influential game than the raw stats reveal. Keeps presenting, keeps competing and draws the ball and opponents like a magnet, which allows the likes of Georgi to flourish. 7/10

Nah, that is an accolade that the great John Butcher holds. 6 kicks, 6 goals. Clearly the GOAT*

*In terms of 6 disposal games…

He was about the worst player on ground before that though. Completely invisible.
thats a bit harsh.
dont write off individual players. he is young, learning, evolving.
i thought he was s**t the first few times i watched him at sanfl but he is improving.
thats the great thing about humans. they can learn and improve.
give the lad a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet, for a very good set shot (Luke Hodge’s words not mine), he keeps missing them from 30-40m out.
Spot on. If you are going to do * all for 90% of the game you better take the moment when it comes to you, and he stuffed his up. Fortunately he had another opportunity shortly after.

He's kicked 7 goals 19 behinds in the sanfl across his two years playing, I think we can say conclusively he is not a very good set shot.

Lienert, Mayes & Woodcock are pretty SANFL tier however they probably look worse when the team is this stretched injury wise.
Woodcock nails one of those two set shots he missed so badly in the third, and he ends up with a more influential game than about 80% of Rozee’s matches this year.

Great win. Sh*t, any win is great atm. Especially against such an in-form opponent. Also, the drama leading up to the game.

But still. Was a bit puzzled by so many shitposters raising the white flag during the week. Anyone would think we were coming up against Salisbury's Quad Squad - CDFA premiers 1968-69-70-71 - not flakey af St. Kilda. I mean, s**t, guys, come on...

HTFU U SOFT CAMPAIGNERS FFS

Ollie. What a beast. He just wouldn't let us lose. Monty must've been working with him coz I'll be damned if he's not the best mark pound-for-pound going round*. Over the past 18 months, he's become the player and leader we all hoped he would. Captain 2022 farken.

Mitch G. Mitch mother f@%king G. Mitch mark-ripping, pack-splitting, goalkicking ass G. Still don't think he's had a "breakout game" just yet. He's just heating up for a Volcanic 8-Goal Tredders Eruption. Careers will end that day. RIP defenders.

COMMENTATOR: Trent McKenzie's gone off with concussion.
CUT TO: Trent McKenzie fighting for the footy.
lolwut

Shame Bradley Hill never played for us. He's such a typical modern Ports player. Would've sent us absolutely boonta with all the crazy s**t he pulls. Those two scrubber kicks in-a-row were Westhoffian, lmao.

Hinkley v Dixon at lemon time, lol. My money was on Ken. Srsly. He was legit shitty. Charlie must've drank his last Coke Zero or something similarly heinous.

Bring Back The Bars in force against Collingwood this Friday night (if the game goes ahead) fu Eddie, we haven't forgot, u big blowhard bloviating bitch.

Just gotta hang in there til reinforcements arrive. We're hangin' in there. Hangin' tough...

5grj8z.gif

*DISCLAIMER: only watch Port games so Ollie might not actually be the best mark pound-for-pound going around, still gotta be close, but.

Last edited:
Bonner was like a completely different player tonight. Took his time and patient with ball use (i.e. no sh*t his pants rushed kicks), timely marks in defense. Please more of this.
Have to give credit, the Bon did well! But I was still shitting myself whenever He got possession in the last 10 minutes of the match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back