Review Round 18, 2021 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Lienert, Mayes & Woodcock are pretty SANFL tier however they probably look worse when the team is this stretched injury wise.
woodcock got a pass mark for mind, and goal. i think players like that can get more confidence and experience at this level to aid them in the future.

thats a bit harsh.
dont write off individual players. he is young, learning, evolving.
i thought he was sh*t the first few times i watched him at sanfl but he is improving.
thats the great thing about humans. they can learn and improve.
give the lad a break.

Mayes is 27 years old and has played well over a hundred games?

I’ll say it to the cows come home, his 1990 season is the best individual season of footy played by anyone at any level in my lifetime.
I agree 100%. What about his game at Alberton against West Adelaide. Jesus not even Gary Ablett senior pulled off the stuff that Hodges did that year.

woodcock got a pass mark for mind, and goal. i think players like that can get more confidence and experience at this level to aid them in the future.
Yea, I wasn't really bagging them my poorly made point was more if they came into a stronger Port team their weaknesses are probably not as glaring.

To me, McKenzie was best on ground.
9 intercept possesions
123/126 mins played
8 rebound 50s
6 one percenters
but the most impressive thing is 22 touches (20 kicks) at 96% efficiency with 495 metres gained. To put this into context this isnt short 15m kicks backwards or to the side, he is absolutely bulleting people out and moving the ball forward

Vs King 4 marks 9 touches 1.1

Even more satisfying, the early wankfest for King dying down from the commentators. The first contest sounded like Ed was going to blow a load, it scared my dog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only just got to watch it now....

1. Where the * would we be without Ollie wines this year? Keeps carrying us near on every ******* week.

2. Geo man I love this kid and I get so excited every time he gets near the ball... Love him.

3. ? * knows go the power!!!!

Yep - that rain pounding on the roof in an empty stadium would scare any team. ;)

Thankfully the AFL doesn't give extra premiership points for artistic endeavour.

An ugly win gets 4 points like any other. And that makes it a beautiful win in my eyes.
Good comment totally agree.

Going into the game and having seen both our effort against Melbourne and Saints v Lions, I thought Saints would easily win today.

But they never really took the game to us. Good coaching/ bad coaching, mismatches that suited us, maybe both. Not sure but as mentioned elsewhere we managed to win ugly which is all you can ask this time of year with so many outs.

Ollie was huge, not sure if he deliberately gets under his kicks out of packs but does it enough to make me think he's looking for air time to give our talls a chance.

Bonner earnt the nickname buono today in our house. Was a pleasant surprise and important when we need to call on our depth.

McEntee showed some toe and looked like he's willing to work hard, tackled hard and possibly got away with a sling. Workrate looks like he warranted a look ahead of Williams.

Just need to keep grinding out the wins and hopefully get a few back in time to find some form and belief before finals start.

Boaky's 300 next, if we can't get up and about for Trav against the wobbles then we're definitely just making up the numbers

Great win in trying inclement weather conditions.Port played well on the road last year. The COVID-19 pandemic doesn't appear to be on the improve any time soon.So thumbs up to Ports 6 week road trip b4 finals.
Under the roof 🤔

Hi guys, well done on the win. Your boys were fantastic and thoroughly deserved it. Was even more excellent with the quality that was missing through injury.

Just on a downside, who ever has the alternate account of "portbuckle" I don't appreciate being spammed with troll PM's. I haven't done it to you, please don't do it to me.

View attachment 1179709
That being said, good luck for the rest of the season and lots of luck in the finals :)
Fake account that was made at 3pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back