Game Day Round 18, 2022 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You'd hope we win this one, but when a team has so many changes and very little training all it takes is GWS to play their best and I think we'll struggle. Still, if our midfield can lift and dominate the contested footy space we'll be 3/4 of the way to winning on that alone.

Just please keep in mind that like last week, this week is no ordinary game. We've seen how covid has effected teams and it's no coincidence. If we lose its not the end of the world and it's no excuse to s**t on the players. A loss would be bad for our season, but ultimately please try and keep some perspective. ❤️

Just can’t let players like Kelly cheat out the front of the contest. They will back Green to win the contested ball, handball to a bloke out the front and be gone. Have to have someone goal side at stoppages.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty uninterested in this game

We phoned in most of the first half of the season and needed to come home strong. We’ve left our run too late. Part self inflicted and part bad luck.

Going to take a miraculous turnaround to actually be a threat in September

Rayner and Bailey for over 20 disposals each and maybe a few goals as well please.

I’m going to throw it out there. Losing wouldn’t necessarily be the worst. Wait let me explain! This side is currently decimated and underdone.

A loss here means that we are forced to become a desperate side. Most likely, we are back to almost full strength next week and we can no longer afford to coast along. We need to wake up and start a run to September. A loss here means the team will need to blow out the cobwebs and start finals footy early.

Want to see some things we didn't see much of last week: stuck tackles; clean ball-handling; chasing like your life depends on it; bodylining the footy; backmen not giving their forwards ample latitude; no dumb, undisciplined free kicks; urgency.
Will win if we do this but we have only really done it against the Dogs lately. I am definitely worried about this game despite the bookmakers having us comfortable favourites.

It's going to be one of those cold, stinging days where marking the footy feels like catching a brick.

Tough one. But always good for the team to get challenged.

Being as cold as it will be, wont be all that good for the ones getting over Covid..

...not expecting too much just as best they can do under the circumstances. A win will be a bonus imo.

Pretty uninterested in this game

We phoned in most of the first half of the season and needed to come home strong. We’ve left our run too late. Part self inflicted and part bad luck.

Going to take a miraculous turnaround to actually be a threat in September

Rayner and Bailey for over 20 disposals each and maybe a few goals as well please.
Obviously just a fair weather fan then. Hope you enjoy your day doing something else apart from supporting the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not expecting a runaway victory, but I am expecting a win.
Kinda the way I felt going into last weeks game, so that is dangerous.
Lions by 18🦁 in a fairly low scoring game.
Maybe something like 50-68 points
Unless we're ravaged by illness or lack of prep. with what's at stake I'd be expecting a comfortable win against this opposition. Likewise I was expecting that last week but we didn't bring the effort no matter what anyone says , and we didn't have near as good a team named.

Our view of the ground from the apartment window. They have some big outs as well Pierce is an important player so him being out means our vaunted tall forwards have no excuse.

Sitting in the Shillstand 1 Row B seat 19 with all the lions gear on.

And thermals

Go Lions

Attachments

• Canberra.jpg
    Canberra.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
Can't recall the last game I missed

Just strongly doubt we'll be getting any signs of being capable of taking the next step
So it looks like many of us have become Dyland12 people. I haven't yet.

While we have a poor finals record one more goal in two games would change the story.

Don't give up. If we finish top 4 and get some luck..........

Our view of the ground from the apartment window. They have some big outs as well Pierce is an important player so him being out means our vaunted tall forwards have no excuse.

Sitting in the Shillstand 1 Row B seat 19 with all the lions gear on.

And thermals

Go Lions
* I love Canberra. Weather is amazing today. Should be a cracker.

I'll be roaming the GA area. Purple beanie.

. While we have a poor finals record one more goal in two games would change the story. Don't give up. If we finish top 4 and get some luck..........
Yeah, we had wretched luck in the semi loses to GWS in 2019 and to the Dogs in 2021. I still have nightmares about both of them

Not to mention a few critical players missing through injury and a couple of dodgy umpiring calls that went against us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back