Preview Round 18, 2022: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 17 July 2022, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since the Hawks have played a home game at the MCG. Preview comments and comments on suggested changes in here.

Koschitzke’s last quarter probably saves him from being omitted. This will only be the fifth game that Day, Ward and Grainger-Barras have played in together.

IN: Day

OUT: Morris (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Day

HF: Impey, Lewis, MacDonald

F: Breust, McEvoy, Moore

R: Reeves, O’Meara, Newcombe

INT: Ward, Koschitzke, Nash, Maginness, Phillips (Sub)

Day and Gunston probably back.

No real obvious guys to idea drop after that effort. Injuries maybe.

Morris and Finn probably most at risk - which would be rough on both. McDonald maybe?

I'd be absolutely livid if Finn is dropped. Have him sit on Gaff all day. Maybe don't turn your back to the sniping campaigner, we all know how he responds to a hard tag.

Morris is probably sore after some courageous moments. Would love for him to get some continuity but I'd say he'd be first in line if we had to make a change.

Day and Gunston probably back.

No real obvious guys to idea drop after that effort. Injuries maybe.

Morris and Finn probably most at risk - which would be rough on both. McDonald maybe?
Morris and MacDonald the obvious like for like replacements. I would like to see MacDonald with a couple of BH games primarily as a mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koschitzke’s last quarter probably saves him from being omitted. This will only be the fifth game that Day, Ward and Grainger-Barras have played in together.

IN: Day

OUT: Morris (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Day

HF: Impey, Lewis, MacDonald

F: Breust, McEvoy, Moore

R: Reeves, O’Meara, Newcombe

INT: Ward, Koschitzke, Nash, Maginness, Phillips (Sub)
Out: Morris
In: Day and The Time

Don't see Morris being dropped, he deserves this. He has earned it.

West Coast have a bunch of smalls in Ryan/Rioli etc who we need to worry down, Hardwick and he should take both.

We can probably keep in Maginness but he's first out even after his great tagging job, get him games primarily on ball at VFL level where he should be playing. Gunston if to return comes in for Kosi.

Mine would be either
Kosi out Gunston in
Maginness out Day in

Or pick one of those changes, Gunston may need another week.

Yeah, it's tough but you'd think Day and Gunston would be automatic selections if available?

Good problem for the selectors to have I guess?

Don't see Morris being dropped, he deserves this. He has earned it.

West Coast have a bunch of smalls in Ryan/Rioli etc who we need to worry down, Hardwick and he should take both.

We can probably keep in Maginness but he's first out even after his great tagging job, get him games primarily on ball at VFL level where he should be playing. Gunston if to return comes in for Kosi.

Mine would be either
Kosi out Gunston in
Maginness out Day in

Or pick one of those changes, Gunston may need another week.

I'll fume if Kosi is dropped after that last quarter.

The most underrated effort of the day was when he tapped the ball forward in the final quarter inside 50 to path of a running Impey. The next kick inside 50 that resulted in the Breust crumbing goal was contested at the edge of the goal square by Kosi, who sprinted 40 metres just to be in the correct spot to contest the long ball.

Got his reward a few minutes later with a goal.

On top of that was his sensational inboard kick to JOM and 2 on 1 effort on the wing where he forced a ball up.

Must persist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back