Review Round 18, 2022: Northern Bullants v Box Hill Hawks, 24 July 2022, 12.00pm @ Preston City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Of the afl players I thought Saunders caught the eye with his speed. Maybe it’s the blonde hair! Serong and long were ok, along with Howe, Phillips doing their usual thing. Jeka ball use is a class above - would be interesting to see how he goes with afl pressure now, he seems so casual. Not much from the rest. I agree we need to hide Windsor for the rookie draft!

Think Serong eventually plays the mobile linking third tall, similar to Gunston. With some strength and conditioning he'll start holding more marks and he's deceptively agile for his size. Will probably need 2 or 3 preseasons for his body.
I can see him in the HHF role as well as on the wing, too.

Seems to be a very talented youngster.

Fergus Greene just can't help but kick bags can he? Still feel he's too good for the level.

Of the afl players I thought Saunders caught the eye with his speed. Maybe it’s the blonde hair! Serong and long were ok, along with Howe, Phillips doing their usual thing. Jeka ball use is a class above - would be interesting to see how he goes with afl pressure now, he seems so casual. Not much from the rest. I agree we need to hide Windsor for the rookie draft!
Saunders 21 disposables 2 goals 4 tackles…👀👀

Saunders 21 disposables 2 goals 4 tackles… 👀👀

Think Serong eventually plays the mobile linking third tall, similar to Gunston. With some strength and conditioning he'll start holding more marks and he's deceptively agile for his size. Will probably need 2 or 3 preseasons for his body.
There is lots of hope Serong can do what Jack does. Footy dept very keen on him.

Watching Saunders today I think with a bit o f strength and conditioning he will start breaking tackles and would take him to another level!
So hopefully he has a great end to the year and keeps showing what he did today!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Saunders has speed and looks to have supreme endurance too.... takes the game on, busts lines and provides much needed drive. Tackles and provides constant defensive pressure also. Nice to see the effort rewarded this week with 2 goals. Jeka - wonderful kick both sides and looks dangerous when forward and back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Lynchy battled really well throughout, he was a bit crook going into the game. But he was able to put that aside and still perform for us over four quarters. He was able to get his hands on the ball in the middle and connect with our mids, it was a really strong game from him."

Lynch really has to stop breaking mirrors, walking under ladders and running over black cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back