AFL Toast Round 18: 27 Point Win Against North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. But the times it went in we either goaled or it went straight back out and it went in their 50 and we didnt slow them down at all from what I could hear.

When we goaled it was because we put the pressure on them and they turned it over inside our 50. When it went straight back out it was because Hooker kicked it inside 50 straight to a North player. Hooker was worst on ground at half time by a fair margin.

Gleeson clearly went off his mark and played on where as Hanley didn't move off his mark.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Yeah more that they seem to be very hot on it this week

Wow.

I was wondering for a while why I even footy because I was not enjoying myself. But that last quarter made up for it.

Umpiring hilarious. Hurley looked lost. Literally: he looked like a kid I'm a shopping centre who's just realised the adult they've been walking next to isn't actually their mum. Weird. Ben Brown was a force of nature, Waite did to us what Waite does. Hooker engaged beast mode in the 3 quarter time break.

Colyer is in a terrible vein of form. His kicking is awful. Should be dropped for Jackson Merrett. Not even joking.

Ugly wins are a hallmark of a good side. And being rapt with a 27 point loss is a sure sign you are in a ****** spot so keep gushing norf fans.

Except Wild Bill who is a gentleman and a legend
And fwiw I am glad we got the brissy Ess - not the saints Ess. Could have got very ugly!!

Last edited:
Strange game. Backline really struggled today. Hurley been in AA form all year so can be forgiven for a shocker.
Loved Tippa's pressure especially first half resulted in turnover goals.
Fantasia back in form.
Heppell and Zaka good second halves after struggling at the start.
Ugly win, but still in the September mix so it's all good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A seriously ugly win that one, the rushed kicking into the forward 50, the sloppy disposal, and the kicking to 2:1 contest which pretty much always went North's way and quite possibility the worst umpired game I've seen for several years.

Strange game. Backline really struggled today. Hurley been in AA form all year so can be forgiven for a shocker.
Loved Tippa's pressure especially first half resulted in turnover goals.
Fantasia back in form.
Heppell and Zaka good second halves after struggling at the start.
Ugly win, but still in the September mix so it's all good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On Hurley at one stage I wondered if he was carrying something because he didn't seem his normal shelf, wonder if anyone else noticed anything or was it just a poor day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banter thread is closed so I will post the congratulations here. Too good today. Some kids on both sides showed a bit. A couple of bottom 4 finishes and we will bounce back. Hopefully we find a McGrath!! Kids a jet. See you all next year.

Credit to North today, you came with a gameplan and executed it well for three quarters, the getting numbers to the contest and the control your side showed when it had the ball worked well with Brown & Waite being very good up forward.

Hopefully that's a sign we've learnt from the Brisbane loss.

3 wins in a row for the first time this year

Need to back it up next week now.

Congrats on the win guys and girls, it was a fun game to watch for the most part. Best of luck in the finals.
Thanks for dropping by. Fun is not the word I would use;)

Also thanks for allowing one of our own take part in your podcast. Was a good listen

Gee that can't be right can it?
I was looking at that throughout the game, it's like most of our trackers are broken or something. It was about 20 - 80 at the end of the first quarter, so I started really paying attention to how much we were running after that, they beat us on the spread but it's not like we weren't moving, we definitely weren't witches hats. So I'm going with broken tech.

Hopefully that's a sign we've learnt from the Brisbane loss.

3 wins in a row for the first time this year

Need to back it up next week now.
First time since round 18 2014

I had more beers than I should have, so my observations probably ain't worth s**t...

but did we switch it at all? it seemed like we refused to control the footy across half back. we constantly bombed it forward to their spare man.

was frustrating to watch, but at least we won well in the end.

I liked Watson's game.

that is all....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back