Preview Round 18 Adelaide vs Richmond, Adelaide Oval, 4.40pm Adelaide time

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could have atleast used the correct picture , We needed to remind people of the Yellow Jumper we wore on the day
you used the 2019 premiership pictures :rolleyes:
By using the 2019 pic I wanted to convey that we have gone on to win another flag since 2017.
You do the preview next week and see how you go.

Damo80

Premiership Player
Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
I think Rioli is a bit lucky there, Aarts just feels like he has offered more this season imo.

Agree with all, except i believe rioli was back playing near his best against the cats and has been in decent form of late...

id trust his finals resume over what Aarts can offer, however i do like Aarts so wouldnt be too fussed
What about Aarts ahead of George? Similar role. I like George's pressure, but he butchers chances too much for mine. Aarts a better finisher.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

What about Aarts ahead of George? Similar role. I like George's pressure, but he butchers chances too much for mine. Aarts a better finisher.

George avg 2 more disposals
less GPG, 1 less avg score involvement and same for avg tackles.

I think George has a better chance to have a big game and magically kick 3 or 4 but Aarts has been very consistent.

Damo80

Premiership Player
Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
George avg 2 more disposals
less GPG, 1 less avg score involvement and same for avg tackles.

I think George has a better chance to have a big game and magically kick 3 or 4 but Aarts has been very consistent.
If there was a kick from 30m out, slight angle to win the game, I know which one I'd want kicking for us!

What are their disposal efficiency stats? I've noticed George's general disposal has been really poor at times lately, not just his goal kicking.

If there was a kick from 30m out, slight angle to win the game, I know which one I'd want kicking for us!

What are their disposal efficiency stats? I've noticed George's general disposal has been really poor at times lately, not just his goal kicking.

50% George
74% Aarts

Basically negates the extra 2 disposals

George averaging 12 - 6 effective
Aarts avg 10 - 7.4 effective

George better overhead
Transitions better between front and back half but very shaky in front of the big sticks

Averages 4 marks to 2 but both average 1 inside 50

If you needed someone to take a shot on the run for your life George all day but he falls apart from set shots

Damo80

Premiership Player
Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
50% George
74% Aarts

Basically negates the extra 2 disposals

George averaging 12 - 6 effective
Aarts avg 10 - 7.4 effective
Yep. So even though he has less possessions, he's getting it to our advantage more times, and giving it back to the oppo less times. What I'd suspected just from naked eye/gut feel.

Facebook rumours saying RCD is mad about not getting played this year and will leave

I've heard that elsewhere as well, Interesting that even with our injuries he didn't get even a token game to see what he can do

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
I've heard that elsewhere as well, Interesting that even with our injuries he didn't get even a token game to see what he can do
Graham started playing well, then Ross came in and had good games. And these 2 are vying for spots in the team come finals. So RCD ended up behind them. Still a good prospect I reckon. Tough to break into this side. Chol, Aarts & Markov are the good news stories this year. Higgins & Ross getting a couple of goes too. Now RCD is vying for a spot against a returning Edwards.

Facebook rumours saying RCD is mad about not getting played this year and will leave
Media pedalling bs again I bet.

Which club has sneakily talked to him during covid?

The Dodo ?

Carltank?

Norf?

Umpies?

My 4 suspects.

Jono_Hain97

All Australian
Dec 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Even if he does make it back, those syndesmosis and ankle/foot injuries can take a year or more to come good. Look at Rioli, still not the same player. Look at Lambo struggling to dodge and weave. Much of it is confidence. It will be interesting to see if they risk him at this late stage. I cant see us playing anyone in finals who isn't 100% fit. Ask the Giants, it's a recipie for disaster.
Jake Stringer also had the same injury and Essendon rushed him back too early and he is struggling to even get a touch. Best to rest Prestia and get him right for next year IMO. He is a great player but Bolton has really stepped up in his absence

Jake Stringer also had the same injury and Essendon rushed him back too early and he is struggling to even get a touch. Best to rest Prestia and get him right for next year IMO. He is a great player but Bolton has really stepped up in his absence

Stringer is also garbage so there is that :p

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
good news re lynch, running at 50% already lol, he only needs to run 50% against crows trololol, hopefully he is back 1st week finals
same for meatball

im guessing INS will be Astbury, Chol , Edwards, caddy
OUTS: soldo, lynch, markov, ross
4 changes worries me slightly. Its a toss up between getting games into players and winning the match, not ending up 5th. I'd bring in Astbury, Chol & Edwads. Play Chol in Lynch's spot, pinch hit in the ruck only. Nank ruck big minutes. Edwards for Aarts. Markov to the fwd line too. Caddy can come in next game as a fwd for Markov if req'd & I'd like to see Ross stay in for as long as possible In case there are problems with the Prestia return from injury.

Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Graham started playing well, then Ross came in and had good games. And these 2 are vying for spots in the team come finals. So RCD ended up behind them. Still a good prospect I reckon. Tough to break into this side. Chol, Aarts & Markov are the good news stories this year. Higgins & Ross getting a couple of goes too. Now RCD is vying for a spot against a returning Edwards.

True. RCD is just not good enough.

Who's he gonna get a game over? A good example is I bet Ross gets dropped this week for Edwards. Ross was very good vs the Cats and did nothing wrong but I see no other player they drop. Higgins kicked 4 in the praccy and is not going to get a game.

Dusty, Cotch, Lambert, Bolton, Graham, Pickett, McIntosh, Ross, Higgins. Behind all these players. That's obviously without even mentioning injured players like Prestia and Caddy.

You could probably argue the week Dow got played is when he should've got a debut. Other than that nah.

True. RCD is just not good enough.

Who's he gonna get a game over? A good example is I bet Ross gets dropped this week for Edwards. Ross was very good vs the Cats and did nothing wrong but I see no other player they drop. Higgins kicked 4 in the praccy and is not going to get a game.

Dusty, Cotch, Lambert, Bolton, Graham, Pickett, McIntosh, Ross, Higgins. Behind all these players. That's obviously without even mentioning injured players like Prestia and Caddy.

You could probably argue the week Dow got played is when he should've got a debut. Other than that nah.

In a normal season ,players coming back would have to work their way into the team but not this season.

I reckon Ross will make way for Shedda also,we shall see.

Neen

????????????
Jul 1, 2011
Thomastown
AFL Club
Richmond
The Crows will have nothing to lose, so I don't expect them to park the bus or go full defensive. If they go a full shootout, it will be a massacre. We won't let this slip, we are too professional and the stakes are high. Even if we were to lose, I'd still back us in to win the flag from 5th. The margin depends on their mindset - they might try a shootout until the game gets away from them. I think Nicks will want to test his side.

Tigers by 26 points. Jack to kick 5+ goals Grimes to be hit 100M from play again, and Cornes to blow another gasket on Monday.

Hamsatma

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I normally take fb rumours with a grain of salt, but that would be consistent with what he was saying in the media end of last year. Poor attitude if true though, he has an opportunity to break into the best club in the comp, so to walk away suggests he has very little confidence in himself getting to that elite level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back