Preview Round 18 Adelaide vs Richmond, Adelaide Oval, 4.40pm Adelaide time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like rubbish.. he is still learning the system and only 20 years old. He needed to put on more strength in hist first year or 2.

In saying this, I still think we can bring him in for anyone who is sore this week, (Cotchin/Lambert etc) for 1 game as a taste at the AFL level. I would then expect to see him as regular for 2021.

I think this is unlikely. All the talk is that Caddy will play that role, if anyone does.

He can do it. Kicked 46 goals in 2018 playing that hybrid forward role

True. RCD is just not good enough.

Who's he gonna get a game over? A good example is I bet Ross gets dropped this week for Edwards. Ross was very good vs the Cats and did nothing wrong but I see no other player they drop. Higgins kicked 4 in the praccy and is not going to get a game.

Dusty, Cotch, Lambert, Bolton, Graham, Pickett, McIntosh, Ross, Higgins. Behind all these players. That's obviously without even mentioning injured players like Prestia and Caddy.

You could probably argue the week Dow got played is when he should've got a debut. Other than that nah.
Was RCD injured in the last few weeks? I can't remember, but if so, bad timing for him & good luck for others. Ross & Kmac were emergencies in the finals last season and Markov got squeezed out in 2017. Kmac has cemented his spot & I maintain that Sheds will play this week as a fwd on reduced minutes. Hasn't played for since Round 5 Astbury Round 4. Dave and Shane must both play. For match fitness. Hopefully we win.

I deleted Facebook at the start of the year.

Maybe one of the best mental health decisions I've made.
I deleted all social media about 6 years ago. Easily the best decision I’ve made..
now the only crap I have in my life is big footy 🤣🤣
But I love it

I deleted it about 4 years ago. Haven't missed it one bit. Some of the crap posted on there.

Good doco on Netflix titled “the social dilemma”. If anyone needed a reason to quit social media watch that and you’re good to go

Good doco on Netflix titled “the social dilemma”. If anyone needed a reason to quit social media watch that and you’re good to go
It's heading in a very sinister direction. I was reading about a thing called deep fake the other day. It's basically with modern technology they can superimpose someone else's face or voice on existing footage. There's examples on youtube just google it. We are heading into interesting times for sure, we are at a point now where news cannot be believed and people are psychologically manipulated via social media.

What about Aarts ahead of George? Similar role. I like George's pressure, but he butchers chances too much for mine. Aarts a better finisher.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
They play different roles. George and Rioli do a power of unrewarded running that Aarts can't do. He stays closer to goal and therefore kicks more. His form has tapered off, in the gun I reckon.

Jake Stringer also had the same injury and Essendon rushed him back too early and he is struggling to even get a touch. Best to rest Prestia and get him right for next year IMO. He is a great player but Bolton has really stepped up in his absence
We're not rushing Prestia back.

Stringer is also garbage so there is that :p
And fat.

The difference in professionalism between the two is a canyon.

I normally take fb rumours with a grain of salt, but that would be consistent with what he was saying in the media end of last year. Poor attitude if true though, he has an opportunity to break into the best club in the comp, so to walk away suggests he has very little confidence in himself getting to that elite level
It's horseshit.

It's heading in a very sinister direction. I was reading about a thing called deep fake the other day. It's basically with modern technology they can superimpose someone else's face or voice on existing footage. There's examples on youtube just google it. We are heading into interesting times for sure, we are at a point now where news cannot be believed and people are psychologically manipulated via social media.
Deeply disturbing. Real life Black Mirror. Can guarantee it will be used to set up political opponents.

You could probably argue the week Dow got played is when he should've got a debut. Other than that nah.

unfortunate for him he might've played that week but I'm pretty sure he was injured for a few weeks around then

i agree currently there's just no spot for him given the time of the year. he'll get games early next year when less in on the line for sure if he wants to stick around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have a much clearer picture of how this games pans out come 4:45pm Saturday.. it won't take long. We'll either attack the contest like we have been the last couple of weeks (led by Trent) or we'll be that one step behind and allow Adelaide first crack at it. If it's the latter, then it become a danger game.

Changes i'd like to see-
INS: Astbury | Chol | Edwards | Caddy (just)
OUTS: Lynch | Soldo | Ross | Markov (just)

Could toss a coin on Caddy and Markov, but I think with Dave back we are a lot more solid down there than we are up forward. Caddy has runs on the board as a forward so he gets the nod just ahead of Oleg who I haven't minded. I think it's been the best patch of games he's strung together in his short career.

Hoping for a nice quick start on Saturday with scoreboard pressure to have the game beyond doubt by halfway through the second.

Then we can all take a deep breath and look forward to getting Dion and Tommy back for the first final.

Are Richmond a better team now than 2017? I'd say we are (C.Scott probably disagrees)

Is Adelaide a better team in 2020 than they were in 2017?

We should win this no excuses, we lose this then we don't deserve top 4.

Absolutely we are

We are so comfortable and confident now, 2017 was more like "ok wtf is happening, are we actually good or?"

Are Richmond a better team now than 2017? I'd say we are (C.Scott probably disagrees)

Is Adelaide a better team in 2020 than they were in 2017?

We should win this no excuses, we lose this then we don't deserve top 4.

I would say our current team has a better balance of talent/system than our 2017 team.

Jake Stringer also had the same injury and Essendon rushed him back too early and he is struggling to even get a touch. Best to rest Prestia and get him right for next year IMO. He is a great player but Bolton has really stepped up in his absence
Don't get me wrong, there are probably blokes who can, Nank seems to be going alright but geez under finals pressure with no match fitness coming off a serious ankle injury he'd have to be cherry ripe before they risked him, that's what I was getting at.

I love him and I think we probably give ourselves a better chance at going at going all the way because he's such a big game player but equally, if they put him in mothballs (would they technically be meatballs?) I wouldn't be surprised either.

We probably have 26 players who could rightfully expect a spot. There will be some dissapointed boys if we go deep.

Stringer looks like he put on about ten kegs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back