Autopsy Round 18: Changes v West Coast - Four changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be frustrating for them to watch Wagner and McDonald take spots that have been theirs for years (which they have performed well in) with little reason.
Why?
Clubs in our position should run with the younger player if they're performing equally. Dunn and garland haven't been great in the twos since going back (Dunn was good until the last quarter but an experienced player shouldn't be kicking out on the full from a kick out with 2 minutes left. There was no one on the mark at one point. Play on and kick it long to the wing. Not out on the full on the flank over and over)

ANB surely needs another extended go in the seniors. He'll be at the end of his draftee 2-year contract at the end of this year so we'll need to be making decisions on whether to re-sign, delist or even trade him?

Finals are gone, so while I definitely don't want give up on winning games, we are in a period of time where we can play some different guys to see what they're made of.

I'd honestly consider giving Jones and/or Vince a rest.

Must be frustrating for them to watch Wagner and McDonald take spots that have been theirs for years (which they have performed well in) with little reason.
Garland has performed well the last year? You must be in alternate dimension. Dunn has been a trooper for sure but has looked disinterested this year.

Didn't rate Oliver that highly and didn't rate vanders that low. I'll pay the rest.
Vanders had 12 touches and his pressure was non existent yday. Oliver is at least clean with the ball in the contested stuff and will tackle, he also has far more upside to improve than Vanders who seems to be going backwards every week he plays.

Garland has performed well the last year? You must be in alternate dimension. Dunn has been a trooper for sure but has looked disinterested this year.

Vanders had 12 touches and his pressure was non existent yday. Oliver is at least clean with the ball in the contested stuff and will tackle, he also has far more upside to improve than Vanders who seems to be going backwards every week he plays.
Was it the dimension where he finished 7th in the B&F, before being promptly replaced by OMac in what is surely a misguided attempt to make Tom stay.

No nev was shocking IMO
Just because they've kicked a goal before doesn't make then goalkicking mids
Bernies the only one of the group who can kick a 3 or 4 when he's on
Well the stats barely back you up mate. Bernie has a career average of 0.6 goals a game both Dom and N Jones have career averages of 0.5 goals a game. Viney this year has kicked 0.53 goals a game so pretty similar as well. So while you're correct in Bernie kicking a few more goals the difference between him and those 3 goalkicking wise is negligible.

We have 0 consistent goal kicking mids. Viney might become that in a few years time when he rounds his game out, Petracca should become that.

Was it the dimension where he finished 7th in the B&F, before being promptly replaced by OMac in what is surely a misguided attempt to make Tom stay.
What does last year have to do with this year?
Howe finished above 3/4 of our list last year and we were happy to let him go.

Oscar is the future though. I was all over him earlier in the year but he is improving his spoiling for sure. Garland has been shocking all year and i'd be surprised if he isn't delisted when his contract expires. Getting 7th in B&F in a team that won 6 games in a year is really not that impressive. Outside of Nev, Watts, TMac and Jones all the older guys are damaged goods. We're not making finals so why would we play them when they're clearly not part of future plans.

Oliver wasn't great in the twos (although Most Melbourne players weren't) and he only offers one role. Vanders spends a fair bit of time on the flank. If you're going to take someone out for Oliver, make it gus. He was rushed back in for some strange reason

Oliver wasn't great in the twos (although Most Melbourne players weren't) and he only offers one role. Vanders spends a fair bit of time on the flank. If you're going to take someone out for Oliver, make it gus. He was rushed back in for some strange reason
Yeah fair call i agree with you on Gus. I don't think Vanders plays that HF role well at all. Have we even tried Oliver up forward? He is clean around the contest and he loved a goal last year for The Bushrangers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah fair call i agree with you on Gus. I don't think Vanders plays that HF role well at all. Have we even tried Oliver up forward? He is clean around the contest and he loved a goal last year for The Bushrangers.
Oliver also has a strange habit of making himself spew on field every week. Nothing to do with bringing him in or not. I just find it weird to watch

Bubble wrap Gus and but his season on ice. Needs to have a full year, right now he is cooked, granted not his own fault, but don't see the point in playing him for the rest if this year. Bring Stretch in for him

IF Hogan is out i feel really tempted to give the weed a go over in Perth, otherwise we will face the return of Dawes

maybe bring ANB in for some offensive run.

Dunn is one of my favourite players. But he basically cost casey the game yesterday. I'd hope he's not in
Clearly you don't believe hard enough. Stand by Dunn #DunnOrRiot

Bubble wrap Gus and but his season on ice. Needs to have a full year, right now he is cooked, granted not his own fault, but don't see the point in playing him for the rest if this year. Bring Stretch in for him

IF Hogan is out i feel really tempted to give the weed a go over in Perth, otherwise we will face the return of Dawes

maybe bring ANB in for some offensive run.
Dawes won't come in, he pulled out pre game at casey with an injury. Something to do with his torso from what I gather

Dawes won't come in, he pulled out pre game at casey with an injury. Something to do with his torso from what I gather
So does the weed seem likely? With Hogan possibly out we need someone up forward

So does the weed seem likely? With Hogan possibly out we need someone up forward
I'd hope not. He wasn't good yesterday. Has a decent height and weight advantage on his man and was out positioned and bodied all day

I'd hope not. He wasn't good yesterday. Has a decent height and weight advantage on his man and was out positioned and bodied all day
So who do we play forward then, because my next best guess is to play Dunn up there and according to you it's a bad idea to bring Dunn back

#DunnOrRiot

So who do we play forward then, because my next best guess is to play Dunn up there and according to you it's a bad idea to bring Dunn back

#DunnOrRiot
That'd be even worse. Bring a guy in to play forward who doesn't play forward currently
Pedo. Maybe spencer as a rotating ruck forward. Stocks are low

That'd be even worse. Bring a guy in to play forward who doesn't play forward currently
Pedo. Maybe spencer as a rotating ruck forward. Stocks are low
He can play forward though, although he hasn't this year. he could at least play defensively on a backman and bring the ball to ground

Well the stats barely back you up mate. Bernie has a career average of 0.6 goals a game both Dom and N Jones have career averages of 0.5 goals a game. Viney this year has kicked 0.53 goals a game so pretty similar as well. So while you're correct in Bernie kicking a few more goals the difference between him and those 3 goalkicking wise is negligible.

I dont care about the stats on this one, Vince is our most likely player to go forward and kick goals from the midfield and Tyson doesnt mind a running goal
Petracca will clearly be the best but his set shot kicking needs to improve
I dont even remember what im arguing anymore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back