Prediction Round 18: Changes Vs Geelong + pre-match discussion (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTY BABY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think O'Connor will go to Brayshaw and Fyfe and Dangerfield will be the unaccountable mids until we start to see how things play out. We'd like to get one of our dashing defenders onto Henry i reckon. Should be a good game. Sometimes the chaos can allow the away team to just come in and focus on a "smash and grab win" - I'm hoping the uncertainty of whether we can return East won't play too heavily on the player's minds.
Any concern on how the 5 day break affects the Geelong boys amongst your supporters?

Despite having a comfortable win, the Cats game looked a little more taxing than our game where we were able to manage players late, also noting that Selwood comes in relatively fresh.

Any concern on how the 5 day break affects the Geelong boys amongst your supporters?

Despite having a comfortable win, the Cats game looked a little more taxing than our game where we were able to manage players late, also noting that Selwood comes in relatively fresh.
Very much so! A 5 day break and the uncertainty of the Covid situation will no doubt be playing on the minds as well. I have a feeling it will be one of those games where we can see if The Mighty Cats are "on" or not pretty early.

Very much so! A 5 day break and the uncertainty of the Covid situation will no doubt be playing on the minds as well. I have a feeling it will be one of those games where we can see if The Mighty Cats are "on" or not pretty early.
Always had good tussels with you lot. Hoping for another good game.

Not necessarily. Looked like your mob hadn’t turned up against the Bombers but they ended up winning easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have plenty of good forward options even with the outs, however so much of their game plan revolves around Rohan, Cameron and Hawkins.

This is a massive opportunity for Freo. Against a guaranteed finals team. The confidence the team will get from a win, at the right end of the season will be massive

Hope it’s a massive crowd

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whoever plays on Hawkins needs to blanket him for goals and goal assists. I think he’s leading the league in the latter.
You're correct.

[Season totals]

Goal Assists for Geelong:
Hawkins - 16
Selwood - 13
Parfitt - 10
Close, Smith, Higgins - 9

Score Involvements:
Hawkins - 120 (37 goals himself)
Selwood - 92 (3 goals himself)
Smith - 84 (12 goals himself)
Guthrie - 77 (2 goals himself)
Rohan - 75 (25 goals himself)
Cameron - 73 (28 goals himself)
Close, Duncan - 72

It's July. This has nothing to do with the pre season. His issues aren't fitness. He's a finisher and he's not finishing i.e. kicking the goals when he has the opportunity. He's been weak at the contest. I said after last weeks game that he improved in the 2nd half which is great. I want him to be at the standard he's capable of but currently he's well below that IMO. His bad games are still better than most players good games but he shouldn't be missing snaps on his left 30m out, directly in front.
I’ve changed my attitude towards Walters somewhat in the last few weeks. I was pretty savage on him but J Lo has defended him and my read on J Lo is that he’s not going to go out and defend guys that don’t put in effort or have a s**t attitude.
I’ve formed the opinion he is a confidence player. His form will perpetuate into more form. If he’s getting 15 touches forward of Centre I will be happy with his output as we should be generating plenty of scores as a direct result.

I'll be very interested to see how our ball movement from the back half is affected by Hughes coming in with Walker out.

Hughes plays half back like Garrick Ibbotson.
Good defensively but takes 3 weeks to make a decision about forward movement

I'll be very interested to see how our ball movement from the back half is affected by Hughes coming in with Walker out.

haha agree about Hughes, takes forever to move the ball. Interestingly, I used to find Ryan was exactly the same, under Ross, but now backs himself to take quicker options.

in terms of ball movement, walker wasn’t a key mover. Not having big possession games, only 4 kicks last week, so I dare say our ball movement will be unaffected by his out. Hopefully Hughes takes a more defensive roll which allows Ryan to accumulate more.

haha agree about Hughes, takes forever to move the ball. Interestingly, I used to find Ryan was exactly the same, under Ross, but now backs himself to take quicker options.

in terms of ball movement, walker wasn’t a key mover. Not having big possession games, only 4 kicks last week, so I dare say our ball movement will be unaffected by his out. Hopefully Hughes takes a more defensive roll which allows Ryan to accumulate more.

Perhaps on Walker...But he's developing and his movement is good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're correct.

[Season totals]

Goal Assists for Geelong:
Hawkins - 16
Selwood - 13
Parfitt - 10
Close, Smith, Higgins - 9

Score Involvements:
Hawkins - 120 (37 goals himself)
Selwood - 92 (3 goals himself)
Smith - 84 (12 goals himself)
Guthrie - 77 (2 goals himself)
Rohan - 75 (25 goals himself)
Cameron - 73 (28 goals himself)
Close, Duncan - 72

Alex plays well on Tom and we’re half way to winning

There’s options. He allows Ryan and Wilson to open up more. Walker hasn’t been great with ball movement though. Hasn’t got it enough to help

Very blustery in albany this morning; twice I've had to pull up my bins. Plus cold & wet! If it's anything like this up in Perth it will be swirly, difficult conditions making it tough to score. It's clearing a bit....hopefully the weather behaves itself up there too and it's not too scrubby a match to watch 😣🙈

We have to take them on through the corridor or Stewart and co will eat us alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back