Opinion Round 18 Changes vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

There has been more scuttlebutt about this weeks game than i can remember, ever.

Quite possibily the Dockers are resting up this game. With the new rules, wouldn't want the AFL getting upset lol

Heard the commentators say that Blakely was at the Claremont v Swannies game today and that he had a compression bandage on his calf.

Heard the commentators say that Blakely was at the Claremont v Swannies game today and that he had a compression bandage on his calf.
Precaution I hope - if either Mundy or D Pearce don't come up, we'll be needing him (and possibly Langdon as well).

On the plus side, even if we lose, we retain top spot - and it gives our key mids a chance to gain some rest prior to the derby.

How big will the melts be tomorrow if Weller gets the vest and only gets on the ground 10 minutes into the last quarter..

No melts from me, totally expected and understandable. Build him up into the finals. He's only 19 with one shortened AFL pre-season under his belt, he can't be expected to dominate at AFL level for an extended period of time.

No melts from me, totally expected and understandable. Build him up into the finals. He's only 19 with one shortened AFL pre-season under his belt, he can't be expected to dominate at AFL level for an extended period of time.
Yes it is more or less what i expect as well. Depending on how the game is panning out of course, but mostly you want your experienced and hardenned AFL players in for most of the game, with your rookie/sub coming in for a taste at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is more or less what i expect as well. Depending on how the game is panning out of course, but mostly you want your experienced and hardenned AFL players in for most of the game, with your rookie/sub coming in for a taste at the end.
If it was me I'd start Lachie, with Tendai (or MDB) as sub.

The danger with Lachie as sub is we get an early injury and he has to play virtually the whole game. He may be OK fitness wise, but I'd rather the option of pulling him off when he's cooked and having a machine like Tendai ready to go.

The danger with Lachie as sub is we get an early injury and he has to play virtually the whole game. He may be OK fitness wise, but I'd rather the option of pulling him off when he's cooked and having a machine like Tendai ready to go.

You have also brought up the logical reason why RTB would use Weller as the sub. Freo's has a hard running defensive side to their game but rookies even fit rookies usually battle to run out an entire game. I would rather see Weller as the sub than MZ who is can easily run out four quarters.

Anyhow, next year we should not have to discuss this with the sub rule rumoured to be finishing.

Definitely Weller sub, this isn't about him. It's likely Ballas and Johnson are to be included before years end so who do we drop out of the finals squad..mz clancee mdb stcliffe dawson griff Zac Croz tabs AP. no point in any of these starting as a sub.

I don't get that reasoning. If we get an early injury everyone else has to virtually play the whole game. However, if he has been the sub, then he hasn't been on up until that point.

Since the formation of our academy we've rarely, if ever thrown a young fella in at the deep end. They're on a managed path of learning and are eased into their careers.

You have also brought up the logical reason why RTB would use Weller as the sub. Freo's has a hard running defensive side to their game but rookies even fit rookies usually battle to run out an entire game. I would rather see Weller as the sub than MZ who is can easily run out four quarters.

Anyhow, next year we should not have to discuss this with the sub rule rumoured to be finishing.
Yeah, can see that side as well freoextra.

Weller sub argh

10 min game for u son

Why is Pearce never rested!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back