Preview Round 18: Changes Vs Sydney + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the hate boner everyone here has for Hughes. Whether you like him or not he's best 22, better than crabs like Nyhuis who everyone on here seem to praise for whatever reason. He's a good mark and goes hard at the ball. Happy he's in there with Duman and Logue.
It’s a better defence. Logue goes to the second big, Duman is agile enough for the big. Hughes can take the loose defender. It forces Wilson and Ryan, to hopefully, desperately, open up play and take the game on.

Going to the footy tomorrow with a one eyed Sydney supporter and two eagles supporters (good ones)But i expect to come home with sore ribs both sides:)

It’s a better defence. Logue goes to the second big, Duman is agile enough for the big. Hughes can take the loose defender. It forces Wilson and Ryan, to hopefully, desperately, open up play and take the game on.
Would just hope Hughes plays as a defender a bit further up the ground, i.e. closer to the wing. He tends to panic when he is close to the last line in defense.

Would have just preferred giving Carter a run instead of the constant rotation of Nyhuis, Duman and Hughes. Would he really have done any worse. Look what injecting Cameron into the Eagles has done.

Would have just preferred giving Carter a run instead of the constant rotation of Nyhuis, Duman and Hughes. Would he really have done any worse. Look what injecting Cameron into the Eagles has done.
its the fact that we just don't do things like this, think outside the usual box a bit, that has been slowly been grinding down any enthusiasm I have for our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i said that jokingly to a mate a few weeks ago and now its a distinct possibility haha. Last 2 chances were today (probably not anymore) and Saints ?
Tonight is winnable and for some reason we play well against Essendon at home. Not that I'm saying we'll beat them, but it's a slightly (4%?) winnable game. WB, Saints, Geelong and Port will easily dismantle us.

Last night was the Bombers first win away from home all year. Let’s hope it was just an aberration. I agree with Mike, we’ll win tonight and then beat the Bombers but that’s most likely it.

Yeah I don't think too many neutrals will be tuning in to this one expecting to see a free flowing spectacle of Australian Rules.
I'm almost dreading it myself with how ugly it could get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back