Preview Round 18: Changes Vs Sydney + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wilson is something of a Talisman for me. When he runs up the middle, kicks long and takes the game on we generally win. When he's back in his shell and doing dinky little kicks out to the pocket we get hemmed in. He looked frustrated late in the game, gesticulating wildly at players up the ground to FFS give him something to kick to.
If I was coach I'd be putting a lot of time into him & Stephen Hill demanding they take the game on more. Hill I would demand take shots on goal anywhere within 50, give him a license to be selfish. We need more dare, dash and inspiration.
I loved his season last year. Was always confident with the ball regardless of hand or foot.

Confidence is a wonderful thing. Even though he plays on a back pocket or back flank, he wasnt afraid to run past mids.

Hell, if we had the ball, he would take a run and take a running shot from 50 metres out.

At the risk of getting shot down, I refuse to accept that the season is over!
6 games to go, we could win 5 of them...
Admitted current form doesnt instill much confindence, but we are one win from turning this around.
your not alone.

Again, looking back at our 2017 and 2018 seasons, there were times where freos form changes week to week. from one extreme to another.

I remember how bad this board was back in round 2 of 2017 after that 89 point loss to Port. 6 days later, freo beat the dogs in Perth by 16 points. Confidence is a hell of a thing if you got it

Out: Switta, Hughes, Cerra, Nyhuis (in hogan if fit and have a full forward line with Lobb, McCarthy and Hogan)

In: Shultz, Duman, Bewley, Hogan if fit.
I like the ins. I would shuffle the deck on the outs. Colyer out instead of Nyhuis. Make or break game for Nyhuis - he at least deserves a second week like Colyer had.

Cerra needs a couple of less physical weeks at Peel to build form and fitness.

In: Shultz, Duman, Bewley, Hogan
Out: Switta, Hughes, Cerra, Colyer

If Hogan isn’t fit then rock/paper/scissors between Cerra and Colyer.

FB: Nyhuis. Hamling. Ryan.
HB: Wilson. Logue. Carter.
C: Langdon. Fyfe. B.Hill.
HF: Tucker. Hogan. Walters.
FF: Matera. Lobb. McCarthy.
FOL: Darcy. Blakely. Mundy.
I/C: Shultz. S.Hill. Conca. Brayshaw.

In: Shultz, Carter, Logue, Hogan
Out: Switta, Cerra, Hughes, Colyer

0% Chance changes even remotely close to this happens but this is the side id like to see take on the Swans. If you're not going to play Cerra on ball, don't play him at all as he is so lost out there at the moment he looks nothing like an AFL player. Its also about time we give someone a debut, especially at home in a very winnable game like this. Whether that is Carter(my pick), North, Valente or Sturt I don't really care who just someone please, give us some youth! Logue never should of been dropped and I don't particularly care how bad his game was at Peel, he is better then Hughes or ******* Colyer. Hopefully Hogan can get up but I doubt he will, He would bring much needed structure into the forward line and another much needed target. Shultz deserves another crack just like Banfield and Crowden the last couple of weeks, and hey if he can kick a couple goals then he is already a big improvement on Switta who should of been dropped weeks ago IMO. Bringing Carter in would give us another back flanker in a team of back flankers and the ability to release Blakely on ball for more minutes (even though he should be in there already). If Walters ends up getting suspended Cerra survives.

Thoughts ?
If we’re going to do that, Sydney is a perfect team. They’re playing youngsters too. With a smattering of experience. Fyfe and co can muster the youngsters. Perfect changes. Well balanced.
Feel like Sydney will come over, with their youth and go crazy with speed and ball movement.
And they’ve did the rebuild quicker. The last thing I’ll take.

Jordan Dawson getting a one week ban is a huge out for them. He's been very good up and down the ground.

If we’re going to do that, Sydney is a perfect team. They’re playing youngsters too. With a smattering of experience. Fyfe and co can muster the youngsters. Perfect changes. Well balanced.
Feel like Sydney will come over, with their youth and go crazy with speed and ball movement.
And they’ve did the rebuild quicker. The last thing I’ll take.
Sydney have not rebuilt. They are hanging on..

I read somewhere that Hogan was back running at full speed and was a chance for this week so assuming that's the case...these are the changes I'd make.

IN: Logue, Duman, Sandilands, Hogan
OUT: Colyer, Cerra, Nyhuis, Darcy

Schultz and Carter in the mix.

If Carter/Duman comes in I don't think it'll be Hughes going out unfortunately, I think it's highly likely Ryan is rested, currently carrying a groin issue. I think we'll see some interested changes this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone suggested Hughes might do ok as a forward——- I think he/ she might have a good idea.

The wing is perfect for him. He can develop that tank. Ed Langdon kicking is suspect. Hughes can go alright there. Reminds me of a McIntosh from Richmond

Did you see that kick out of defence to a hawks player in the back 50 in the last quarter. He needs to work on his disposal, he's not tragic, i just think he's a bit dumb. Like a lot of Freo players!!

I'm melting with the best of them but aside from the Carlton game we have been massive underdogs in our losses to Melbourne ($1.50) West Coast ($1.35) & Hawthorn ($1.50).

So aside from the Carlton & WCE margin, we're actually performing to the market expectation.... we're strong favs against the Swan this weekend.

Someone suggested Hughes might do ok as a forward——- I think he/ she might have a good idea.

I did. I’m a great believer in trying players like Hughes who have some exceptional attributes in different roles. I called Tarrant to defense months before it happened.
Hughes is quick & strong, courageous, hard at it & can take a solid grab. Worth persevering but for Gods sake mix it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm melting with the best of them but aside from the Carlton game we have been massive underdogs in our losses to Melbourne ($1.50) West Coast ($1.35) & Hawthorn ($1.50).

So aside from the Carlton & WCE margin, we're actually performing to the market expectation.... we're strong favs against the Swan this weekend.
If i put a stack of cash on Sydney, we are sure to win. I will start the gofund me page now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back